• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game wont Load

temporary_

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 8, 2009
Hi, Ive been playing KF since it first came out.

I recently upgraded to WIN7, and then decided to run the game to play with my friend.

I am playing on a laptop, and my specs are AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-60, 2.0GM RAM, ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics.

Since the game was set to default graphics (and for some reason it kept opening in window?!) I was lowering all the video options.

It told me I had to restart the game, so I did. And then when I went to load the game again, it would not load, giving me this error message:

"
Critical Error
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1895 MHz with 1789MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
"
...... so this was obviously a problem. I decided I would uninstall KF, and Install it again. This DID NOT solve the problem.

I tried sending a BUG REPORT (as there was a button on the bottom right), but it kept opening a link that did not exist.

I thought that maybe updating my drivers would help, but it did not.

Sorry for ranting, but this is very frustrating, and I do not know what to do.

I have attached the KillingFloor.log, but I do not know what the "General Protection Fault crash message" is.... Sorry and I hope you can help me please!!! :confused:

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 0