• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Game Mode

Lupus^

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2011
I would love to see a new game mode. One that has objectives to it. The mode would require your team to work together while moving through hostile environments.

Example:
West London
Round 4 Starts
Random Objective: Go to Location "Specific" and Weld Door/Hold Position/Etc

Welding a door, anyone can do, but having a support person would make it faster. The door would also have a ton of HPs to weld. There are plenty of objectives to run around the map on.

I guess im just getting tired of everyone sitting in a corner of a map for 10 or so rounds.

I believe that this would be cool, but I'm not sure how you would do it... And I don;t believe that it will be accepted well by some of the Killing Floor community... I'd probably play it just to see what it's like, but I've got plenty of hours of game play and my interest just increases as I go. But yeah, I'd like to see something new in terms of game style, just for something different.

Upvote 0
Oh God I always hated new modes threads in suggestions... but damn, I might be stupid, or something, maybe missunderstood it, cuz I totally love this idea! :eek:
My fave maps so far are RE maps, and there aren't much enough of those. Would be nice if someone made some of those, or maybe made this new game mode where all maps would be like that :D

Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
My fave maps so far are RE maps, and there aren't much enough of those. Would be nice if someone made some of those, or maybe made this new game mode where all maps would be like that :D

We need and RE2/3 map already.

Really, KF needs full in-house support for mission maps so mappers don't have to be sneaky and be forced to work around the way wavebased KF works.

Reactions: Raziel
Upvote 0
^this

Alex Quick once said in an interview that story mode might come true one day.

technically, there was a KFMod 1.0 campaign mode, and Yoyobatty has ported most of it into a KF retail level. As for possible additions to the story, I have been trying to help cook up some ideas in "The Next Stage" thread; I haven't had time to write the next part of my own, but I enourage posting your own or commenting on anothers:D

Upvote 0
Let me clarify. I dont really mean a "New" game mode, but rather implement a mechanic that forces groups of players to move around the map.

Just about every map I play has a sweet spot to defend in. Skill becomes less of a factor in these situations.

I would love to have to move around a map so groups are forced to work together while moving. Its a true test of teamwork and skill.

Upvote 0
Let me clarify. I dont really mean a "New" game mode, but rather implement a mechanic that forces groups of players to move around the map.

Just about every map I play has a sweet spot to defend in. Skill becomes less of a factor in these situations.

I would love to have to move around a map so groups are forced to work together while moving. Its a true test of teamwork and skill.

Agreed. I've been brewing some ideas for this recently, one of them involves an area being 'hot' if players are in it for too long, meaning specimens spawning there will be faster and stronger, until the players move out of that area.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I've been brewing some ideas for this recently, one of them involves an area being 'hot' if players are in it for too long, meaning specimens spawning there will be faster and stronger, until the players move out of that area.
How do you determine zoning since there is no specific set zones in a map? Or do you set a distance tolerance based on the current location in a random point of time?

Upvote 0