• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion for Jungle fights [warning might be a bad suggestion] read if you dare

I havent played BF1943 but from what I hear everything can be destroyed and what you're talking about sounds like the ability to clear/destroy foliage in your path. Some allied units did carry machetes just for that purpose, but something tells me these maps wont have such thick foliage to really get in your way.
Even jungle paths in MOHPA seem to channel troops down one road/avenue of approach without trouble.

Upvote 0
It's an issue of performance. Foliage is difficult stuff to render and CryEngine aside, pretty much all game engines struggle to do it, so they fake it instead. Unreal is no different. The fancy jungle UDK level looks great, but when you load it up you discover that realtime performance is terrible and the total size of the map is barely any bigger than a suburban backyard.

We'll be doing what we can, but don't expect any maps to have large areas filled only with thick foliage. Just because you can't see through it doesn't mean that the engine can't and nobody wants to play a slideshow.

Upvote 0
I know we would love to see nice foliage like in the CryEndgine, but I think that as long as RO2-RS keep that good feeling that Red Orchestra have this mod will be way superior to games like Crysis or Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam (Why do they keep adding on the names like that?).
Speaking of Battlefield Bad Company 2. Nobody likes big open jungle space, it only add on to the "get-shot-from-nowhere" thing. No offence to people who likes "BFBC2V".
Keep up the good work dev team! :D

Upvote 0