• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SS overnerfed?

Why do people think the SS was overnerfed?

I think so. Fewer bolts, much more expensive bolts, and no bonus for body shots (actually a small negative bonus for body shots was mine) were suggestions I made long before they were implemented.

Slowing the firing of the m14 was perfect.

Removing the reload speed bonus was going to far.

Implementing the Magnetic Clot Grab is a game breaker.

Upvote 0
The last time I checked, guns are still ranged and axes are still melee weapons.
Doesn't really work "just as well" if you first have to run up to the enemy, does it.
Especially not in a team.

It doesn't make a difference to me whether I have to run up to the enemy or not; on the higher difficulties it's often necessary to kite on some maps anyway, so it doesn't change anything. The only difference is that with berserker I can buy pipe bombs with the money I would have wasted on crossbow bolts and armour.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Speak for yourself.

Exactly. There is a reason why zerkers and medics are always the classes that solo the rest of the wave after everyone has died. Especially on Suicidal and HoE. Their perked weapons never run out of ammo and their greatest offensive weapon and defensive protection, speed, never expires.

Upvote 0
Doesn't really work "just as well" if you first have to run up to the enemy, does it.
If you're running up and axing it in the face without moving anywhere, then it's hardly going to work well at all.
If you run around it, back and forth and all of those silly movements, then you're going to be credit to your team since you're keeping it away from them; While they can shoot it.
If you're keeping mobs away from your team and aren't dying; You're kinda being credit to team.

The last time I checked, guns are still ranged and axes are still melee weapons.
It's a bit questionable as to what's better... Ammo and Range; Or close quarters and no ammo... Seems more like a preference choice really.

Upvote 0
I have no issue with clots grabbing or body shots or even reload speed.

Its just a cost issue and lack of ammo :mad:

But its not game breaking so I won't cry about it. If only the M14 had a scope!

yeah, it would make sense to make the SS discount encompass the xbow now thatthe cost is upped and its no longer the super-death-weapon. It would solve the "spawn as SS and get 600" problem, as discounts ruin sell prices. It would allow early-level SS a way to afford the Xbow. And it would still not encourage out-of-perk-xbowing

Upvote 0
yeah, it would make sense to make the SS discount encompass the xbow now thatthe cost is upped and its no longer the super-death-weapon. It would solve the "spawn as SS and get 600" problem, as discounts ruin sell prices. It would allow early-level SS a way to afford the Xbow. And it would still not encourage out-of-perk-xbowing

In all honesty, I have no idea why it's not like that! The X-Bow, even at Sharpshooter Level 6, is right up there with the LAW and AA12 on cost! Even moreso if you count the obscene ammo prices!

Especially when going up to melee something means turning your back on a very wide area, giving the game free reign to sadistically spawn 2 sirens behind a wall of 2 Scrakes and a half dozen Gorefasts...

And the fact that without the Crossbow, a Berserker usually can't hit Husks/Sirens behind massed groups of Zeds without getting in their range and being seriously damaged, so they have to rely on the always-unpredictable corner ambushes to kill them.

Melee is SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous than ranged, hands down.

And I can't believe how no one else seems to care about the M14 being such a craptastic weapon for it's cost and tier. I've yet to see a post-patch Sharpshooter being successful with it!

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
And the fact that without the Crossbow, a Berserker usually can't hit Husks/Sirens behind massed groups of Zeds without getting in their range and being seriously damaged, so they have to rely on the always-unpredictable corner ambushes to kill them.

If a player is having trouble with berserker then he's obviously playing wrong. You can easily dodge the Husk's apparently inaccurate fireball with your increased movement speed.

Reactions: 9_6
Upvote 0
If a player is having trouble with berserker then he's obviously playing wrong. You can easily dodge the Husk's apparently inaccurate fireball with your increased movement speed.

Dodging husks fire ball is done by jumping at the right time or change your moving direction at the right time. It has nothing to do with movement speed.

Husk will still hit you if even you move fast like a berserker.

And by your logic:

If you cannot use M14 to kill everything, you are doing it wrong (because some people can).
If you cannot solo a fleshpound as medic, you are doing it wrong (because some people can).
If you cannot kill everything up to scrake as firebug, you just dont play good enough (because some firebug can).

It is no point to conisder only the top 5% players of a certain perk to say that's fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not at all. It works by splash damage, so all jumping will do is reduce damage, not avoid it completely.

So, I can say now, surely, you are doing it wrong.

What jumping at the right time do is making the husks shoot mid-air instead of the floor around you. Which make the fire ball totally miss and fly to the sky or hitting the wall far far farrrrrrr behind.

Upvote 0
Not at all. It works by splash damage, so all jumping will do is reduce damage, not avoid it completely.

Husks aim ahead in the direction you move into you know.
That includes jumping.
If you move upwards (aka you just jumped) when the shot is fired, the shot aims ahead according to your movement speed which should make it fly over you.

Upvote 0
In all honesty, I have no idea why it's not like that! The X-Bow, even at Sharpshooter Level 6, is right up there with the LAW and AA12 on cost! Even moreso if you count the obscene ammo prices!

Especially when going up to melee something means turning your back on a very wide area, giving the game free reign to sadistically spawn 2 sirens behind a wall of 2 Scrakes and a half dozen Gorefasts...

That is one of the reason we carry the LAR. faster aiming ability, higher ROF, inexpensive.

Melee is SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous than ranged, hands down.

True.

And I can't believe how no one else seems to care about the M14 being such a craptastic weapon for it's cost and tier. I've yet to see a post-patch Sharpshooter being successful with it!

Upvote 0