• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allies or Axis?

Allies or Axis?

• Total voters
I don't look at the Russians as bad guys at all, I do look at the former Soviet Union as quite the evil regime though, right up there with the Nazi regime. The USSR had an uncanny disregard for human life that I just can't get to grips with, even within their own ranks.

At least they didn't make much difference between their soldiers.
The US segregated his squads between white and blacks and sent blacks first line, plus their internment camps for japanese descent citizen were no better than the axis camps.

The French did the same, using Senegalese and North-Africans troops (many of them force-enlisted) as canon-fodder.
Plus they had some kind of concentration camps of their own in Algeria and were the pioneers in modern torture. They were the first for instance to wire batteries to prisonner's testicules.

As for Japan, they forced 250 000 korean women to be used as prositutes for their army, and some movie you might know from Bruce Lee (Fist of Fury) says pretty much enough about their occupation in China.

The way I see it? Germans were not THE bad guys, neither was USSR. The way I see it they're all evil regime.

And to put thing into perspective, if you have the chance to meet a Cameroonese elder, (Cameroon is the only African country to have been colonised by both Germany and France), ask him which one of the occupations were the most painful. He's gonna tell you French occupation was a nightmare compared to German.

Upvote 0
At least they didn't make much difference between their soldiers.
The US segregated his squads between white and blacks and sent blacks first line, plus their internment camps for japanese descent citizen were no better than the axis camps.

Actually blacks werent considered "fit" to fight, and were used as transport truck drivers and other similar tasks. the only exeption were the Tuskegee Airmen (fighter pilots)

The French did the same, using Senegalese and North-Africans troops (many of them force-enlisted) as canon-fodder.
Plus they had some kind of concentration camps of their own in Algeria and were the pioneers in modern torture. They were the first for instance to wire batteries to prisonner's testicules.

The French also invented "abducting people", if you were considered a terrorist or an enemy of the state you just dissapeared, no trial, no body... you just ceased to exist and the state "knew nothing" (the "process" here in Argentina got the idea from them, who started doing it in Algeria)

As for Japan, they forced 250 000 korean women to be used as prositutes for their army, and some movie you might know from Bruce Lee (Fist of Fury) says pretty much enough about their occupation in China.

The way I see it? Germans were not THE bad guys, neither was USSR. The way I see it they're all evil regime.

Actually there's footage of people throwing flowers at the afrika korps in tunesia i think. It's quite shocking, being used to "the germans are hated by everyone" stuff.:D

And to put thing into perspective, if you have the chance to meet a Cameroonese elder, (Cameroon is the only African country to have been colonised by both Germany and France), ask him which one of the occupations were the most painful. He's gonna tell you French occupation was a nightmare compared to German.

on a related note... i think people are more likely to overlook "evil through inaction" (sending you to a gulag and "forgetting" to feed you or keep you warm) than "evil through action" (shooting you, gassing you) even if the former is perfectly aware of what he's doing. So they tend to see Hitler as worse than Stalin.

Upvote 0
you might not understand "motherland above human", but i don't understand why you need to answer "no" to the question "is it ok to sacrifice one person's life to save thousands?"
in the end, isn't it about the greater goal? imo the whole west has gone way too far along the line of "selfishness" and "egocentrism"

It's not about "motherland above human", it's about the bond other militaries trained their men to have with each other in battle, such as the famous "Leave no man behind".

The Soviet military didn't teach or preach these things to its' soldiers, it was all about being willing to sacrefice everything for the motherland. And I dare say this has a lot to do with the amount of losses they took; the USSR was more willing to sacrefice the lifes of its soldiers, esp. seeing as they had an almost endless supply.

Upvote 0
Allies.
Nazi SS fanboys seem to get attracted to this game like flies to shiz, and I'd not wanna be on the same team w/ one (Israeli jew here).

I dont care what faction I play in FH2, and dont care when clan friends do racist WW2 jokes (even laugh if its really funny) and stuff, but the clans and people here are a whole diff thing.

Upvote 0
Axis. Also people have to remember the general army werent all nazis or ss, also the russians werent exactly better, they had only had there own jew genocide some 50-60 years ago. The brtish had death camps in south africa during the boer war 1900, japanese killed chinese i huge numbers and the americans werent any better, nuking 2 cities full of mostly civilians. So when you look at it all sides are evil, so just pick a side u think looks the best .

The idea of British death camps in the Boer war is a gross misconstrueing of the actual facts. The families of the Boers were put into fenced off concentration camps in the hope it would prevent the men from continuing to fight. However the poor conditions made it a haven for disease. It wasn't an intentional process of extermination.

Upvote 0
The topic is "what side will you choose in game"

We are not waiting for a political discussion about which side was right or wrong in WW2

any more posts about that will be infracted and get this thread closed.

clear?
thank you

I`m not fan of Israel but u miss a point.
You have to know that my country was occupied by Germans. They kill civilians. All types of civilian. Men, women, children and pregnant womens too ... May not target civilians with rockets but when if the some country was occupied, they would be brutalized the people.
In Serbia period of ww2, when partisans kill one German solder, they kill 100 civilians, for a one wounded, 50 civilians.
[url]http://histclo.com/essay/war/ww2/camp/eur/balk/yug/nazi/na-rep.html[/URL]
you probably missed it because you were writing already

Upvote 0