• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] HUD Slot Machines

Not sure if I already said this somewhere but would be cool if the slot cards triggered with !rtd command instead of kill count. Something that can spawn 20 specimens on top of your head should not be automatically triggered and unavoidable in my opinion. Of course you can always remove those cheap spawns but having slot cards with only positive outcomes would be kinda pointless.

I know there is already another RTD mut but Id prefer this one. In fact Ive been trying to edit/add my own stuff in that other RTD mut but being a noob coder I cant even spawn weapons on players (it spawned 2 for some reason) not to mention specimens on top of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey there, is it possible to add the holy hand grenade to a players inventory? i use serverperksv4 and i can add nearly everything to a players inventory, but I'm not sure what to write for a Holy, cause i already read in another thread that there's no pickup class. but however i do know a server where they already did it and added it to the players inventory. For example the law is added like that: KFHumanPawn(P).CreateInventoryVeterancy("KFMod.LAW", GetCostScaling(KFPRI, class'LAWPickup'));

maybe it's possible to add them like that: KFHumanPawn(P).CreateInventoryVeterancy("SlotsAddOn.HolyHandGrenade", GetCostScaling(KFPRI, class'HolyHandGrenade')); ? thanks for any reply :)

Upvote 0
Hey there, is it possible to add the holy hand grenade to a players inventory? i use serverperksv4 and i can add nearly everything to a players inventory, but I'm not sure what to write for a Holy, cause i already read in another thread that there's no pickup class. but however i do know a server where they already did it and added it to the players inventory. For example the law is added like that: KFHumanPawn(P).CreateInventoryVeterancy("KFMod.LAW", GetCostScaling(KFPRI, class'LAWPickup'));

maybe it's possible to add them like that: KFHumanPawn(P).CreateInventoryVeterancy("SlotsAddOn.HolyHandGrenade", GetCostScaling(KFPRI, class'HolyHandGrenade')); ? thanks for any reply :)
Code:
P.CreateInventory("SlotsAddOn.HolyHandGrenade");
Simple as that.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone!

At first I would like to thank Marco for his awesome job he's doing to this amazing game!

Guys, I was a little bit sad that the SLOT MACHINE mutator didn't work with the X-Mas edition of KF 2011 (ver. 1031) - or in fact, everything worked fine except the monster cards... So I've looked into it and I think I've solved it.

So if there is someone like me who enjoys this amazing mutator every game, there is a fix working with the 1031 X-Mas version of KF spawning the right monsters!

And another thing is that I tried to put together ServerPerksV5 and IJC Weapon Pack and finally I think I was successful!

Check out this video, where I tried to show how it works.

http://youtu.be/wP0X65PsIYU

Have fun!

LINK: http://faky.web44.net/files/FixPackPerksSlotMachineMut.rar

Upvote 0
old thread i know but for anyone making new addons when you recompile the original slotmachines it will throw a fair few errors about not being able to find files like textures etc..

If you open up all the files in the source and at the top (and this is an example)

#exec AUDIO IMPORT FILE="Sounds\PowerUp.WAV" NAME="StarOn" GROUP="FX"

CHANGE THIS TOO

#exec AUDIO IMPORT FILE="..\Sounds\PowerUp.WAV" NAME="StarOn" GROUP="FX"

Notice also the ..\ at the beginning, for some reason it wont compile and find the files unless you do this!

BTW i am using ucc in the system folder of KF it might be ok if you use a compiling prog :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW, dont forget to rename the package name to avoid version mismatch problems... :)[/QUOTE

Thanks mate :) but would you need to rename? I mean if your making an addon for teh slots the mutator stays the same.

But good advice if your changing main files then be sure like stated to change the name as alot of people run this (as of every other mod Marco has made :p) so there could be big probs if you dont

Upvote 0
I am shocked that no one has asked this question in this thread but....

How do you add this mutator to a dedicated server?

Before you ask....YES I have added the 4 files to the system folder.

Here are the things I have tried but all have failed....
Added to command line ?Mutator=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine
Added to killingfloor.ini ServerActors=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine
Added to killingfloor.ini ServerPackages=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine
Added to killingfloor.ini ServerPackages=MutSlotMachine

Just some background info about the server: Currently running and working are ServerPerksMut, KFMaxPlayers, MutKillMessageV2, MutKFAntiBlocker.

Upvote 0
Here are the things I have tried but all have failed....
Added to command line ?Mutator=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine
Added to killingfloor.ini ServerActors=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine
Added to killingfloor.ini ServerPackages=MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine
Added to killingfloor.ini ServerPackages=MutSlotMachine

Just some background info about the server: Currently running and working are ServerPerksMut, KFMaxPlayers, MutKillMessageV2, MutKFAntiBlocker.

Neither of those are correct either, you do not need to mess with ServerActors nor ServerPackages. You should just add the mutator to active mutators the same way you added serverperks, KillMessages or AntiBlocker mutators.

Upvote 0
Neither of those are correct either, you do not need to mess with ServerActors nor ServerPackages. You should just add the mutator to active mutators the same way you added serverperks, KillMessages or AntiBlocker mutators.

I added the other mutators via serveractors and commandline:
from my killingfloor.ini
ServerActors=KFMaxPlayers.KFMaxPlayers
ServerActors=MutKillMessageV2.MutKillMessage
ServerActors=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
from my command line
?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut

I know I can use webadmin to enable a mutator but as soon as the server get restarted that mutator gets turned back off, that is the case with MutSlotMachine.

Do you know of a way to force SlotMachine to enable every server restart?

Upvote 0