• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Stuttering

I have stuttering while moving on random situation, in certain maps (barracks, pavlovs) more than others (grain elevator, spartanovka) and someone almost no stuttering (apartments)......

One thing I've seen is that on single player I have no stuttering at all!!!!!!!

Gtx570
i5 2500k
4gb ram
windows 7 64bit

i think it's not my fault.........:)

Upvote 0
Pretty much any action that requires some graphical or processing load, causes a stutter for me...

Such as turning a corner and seeing lots of new objects
Artillery falling
Sometimes even shooting a gun..

My frame rate also never wants to stay the same, for instance i get in the 90's inside of buildings, but once I get outside it goes into the 30-50's (Which bothers my eyes).

Intel I7 950 3.2
2x HD 5770 (When crossfire is disabled it still stutters, except I get like 10+ FPS than when it is enabled)
6GB RAM 1333
Windows 7 - 64 Bit (Could any of the performance have anything to do with 32 vs 64 Bit? Might try some Compatibility options...)

Upvote 0
same as with illscarlettNP for me.
specs:
gpu: hd5770
cpu: phenom 2 910 (2.6ghz quad core)
ram: 6gb ddr3 1333
it may just be my specs that are a bit low but still
also I have 3 screens and run the game on full screen in the middle screen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
today I made some tests, I've set all options lowest and ( despite the fact that game run almost the same than at ultra :confused::eek:) stuttering was yet there, so it's not due to high graphic options.......

and I repeat that it happens only in multiplayer, so I think is something server-side, but why some people notice it more thean others? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0
and I repeat that it happens only in multiplayer, so I think is something server-side, but why some people notice it more thean others? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think you might be right about the stuttering being server-side. For me it's only a fraction of a second, where the picture is frozen on my screen and the sound sort of skips.

Sometimes, it will only happen once on a certain server. On a different server, I may stutter during arty or shooting an automatic for most of the match. One thing I've noticed is that it can happen when someone joins the game- very mild but it's there.

Upvote 0
I experience severe stuttering when artillery lands (still), when reinforcement waves appear and at seemingly random moments throughout. It doesn't appear to be geometry density based because I can view high complexity models with fluidity between these judders and stutters, and it occurs in SP and MP games which would suggest it's not latency related either. Various detail settings have minimal impact on stuttering.

(AMD X4 965, ATi6870, 4GB, W7-64)

Upvote 0
I experience severe stuttering when artillery lands (still), when reinforcement waves appear and at seemingly random moments throughout. It doesn't appear to be geometry density based because I can view high complexity models with fluidity between these judders and stutters, and it occurs in SP and MP games which would suggest it's not latency related either. Various detail settings have minimal impact on stuttering.

(AMD X4 965, ATi6870, 4GB, W7-64)

same boat.

Upvote 0
ok

those who have stuttering try this

open consolle in the menu and type:

open XX-mapname

where XX is the mode like FF,TE or CD and mapname is......the name of the map :D

for example: open TE-pavlovshouse

in this way you'll start a local server and you can actually play alone

so try to open some maps and see if you have stuttering.....

I have already tried and......no stuttering at all, I think that it's a serverside problem guys, but why other people are stutter-free? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0