• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance

Maizel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Just curious.

I seemingly get the exact same (crap) performance as I did most of the Beta.

Around 70-90 FPS, but this will diup into the 50's, 40's and sometimes even 30's, just like it did in beta

Almost down tot he exact same GPU usage, and still lack of crossfire.

i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz
2x 6970
16GB ram

What about you guys?

Last edited:
i5 760 4.4ghz
8gb ram
gtx 580

Last night i was runnin 100 fps in game on ultra settings in the beta. As of now in the full game im getting 40 fps with ultra settings and even on high settings i still dip down into the 40's constantly this is ridiculous.

Exactly the same here.... Just some hours ago I played on the most demanding maps in the beta... I promise, I got from 80-120fps with most settings on high. Now I played Apartments in the full game... Got 30-50fps!!! I'm pissed rlly... Call me childish, but for me I wasn't expecting this at all... :(

My rig:

M/B: ASUS p7p68 deluxe
CPU: i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz
Mem: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
GFX: AMD HD6870 x2 (Crossfire)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Exactly the same here.... Just some hours ago I played on the most demanding maps in the beta... I promise, I got from 80-120fps with most settings on high. Now I played Apartments in the full game... Got 30-50fps!!! I'm pissed rlly... Call me childish, but for me I wasn't expecting this at all... :(

Really? I don't think 120 fps is possible with unreal 3 engine.

Upvote 0
Just curious.

I seemingly get the exact same (crap) performance as I did most of the Beta.

Around 70-90 FPS, but this will diup into the 50's, 40's and sometimes even 30's, just like it did in beta

Almost down tot he exact same GPU usage, and still lack of crossfire.

i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz
2x 6970
16GB ram

What about you guys?

You call that crap?

x6 1090T AMD @3.21Ghz
8gb DDR3 RAM 2000Mhz
2x 5850's

I get on average, 20 fps. Consider yourself lucky. :mad:

Upvote 0
Running dual 6990's, in Beta I only ever had a max of 20 FPS. (And never played because of this, only hopped on to see if the game was actually optimized)

Upon launch startup I was still getting this, after moving shadows from ultra to high I received roughly 10 consistent FPS.

Is this a fix? No. Is this acceptable with "our" hardware? No.

Can I play the game now? YES.

That being said I'm really sad that such a great company didn't release with a large majority of new hardware compatibility. Sure some people are getting great frames, good for them. Also not to play devils advocate but BF3 Alpha had no driver support releases from AMD or Nvidia when I play tested it and my hardware absolutely destroyed the game. ( all "ultra" )

In closing those of you waiting for a miracle driver update should not be expecting that at all. The game is bottle necking my hardware when it shouldn't. And not using 1/4 of the resources it should. If in fact the finger is pointed towards a GPU driver issue then it should have been addressed and ready much sooner. It's hard to tell how long a SLI/Crossfire profile update will be, if ever.

The feeling of people playing with desirable framerates on much older and less sophisticated hardware than us tech junkies is one giant kick to the sac.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AMD Phenom II X4 940
XFX 6970
4 gig DDR2

Getting 15~20-ish fps on medium, this is even more ****ed up than the latest incarnation of the beta. :rolleyes:

son-i-am-disappoint.gif

It's absolutely unplayable - and don't try the SP!
After a while my sound dropped & the fps went to 3~5-ish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You call that crap?

x6 1090T AMD @3.21Ghz
8gb DDR3 RAM 2000Mhz
2x 5850's

I get on average, 20 fps. Consider yourself lucky. :mad:

Well the 70-90 is only really with nothing happening, and having very shot LOS, due to buildings or wall. At any combart situation I usually am lucky if I get 50. But it dips alot, and seems to be stuttery still.

I just want frikking CF support. Whatever unoptimization this game has, I;m sure 2 decent working 6970 can power through to get consistent performance.

GPU usage is still ****.

Reactions: TheAngelKing
Upvote 0
The feeling of people playing with desirable framerates on much older and less sophisticated hardware than us tech junkies is one giant kick to the sac.
Damn right! Feel just the same... I can count in serveral demanding games out there that I've got 100-120fps with max settings.... Should RO2 really act like I'm running it on a P2 200MHz, 32MB ram, 1 3dfx voodoo2? I sure not hope so!!!

I'll dream this night that tomorrow we ATI/AMD users WILL get our revenge! :)

Upvote 0