• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay has turned into a campfest...

Great! Why did you not tell us in yout first post but only a "I'm awesome!" screenshot?

It's been a really good action! Congratulations! :p

Still has not to do with camping or not: you worked as a real team more than them.

The thing was, I just show what happens to campers ;) Just flush them out!
Stop running around as one man armies ^^

Upvote 0
I am comparing my experience in RO and now in RO2, in roost i had to use tactics and skill to flank in order to kill the enemy, here i can just kill them as they pop their head out of cover to spot targets. To me it's not that fun or challening.

Could be true, but I don't understand what you are requesting from TWI: to reduce the accuracy of the weapons, even if it's not realistic, to allow more movement in the maps? Isn't that the entire point of COD-like games?

Upvote 0
Are you a high school student by any chance? You seem to have teachers on your mind. Should you be studying?

I format my posts the way I do so that there is no confusion about what I am saying in response to what. I have been arguing on forums for a very long time, and I know all the tricks people who haven't got a real argument try to pull, so I do things to head them off at the pass. I argue just as tactically as I play the game.

So... do you actually have anything to add, or a dispute with anything I said? Or is this one of those tricks that I was talking about?

No sir. I was merely pointing out not only the manner in which you respond, but the sheer volume of your responses. Why do you feel a need to respond to practically every post, and to constantly attack anyone you don't agree with? This thread is just cluttered with your 2-screen long response posts. Trust me, EVERYONE knows where you stand by now. Is anyone else allowed an opinion?

As for your "tactical" forum arguments, can you please find another hobby? My eyes are bleeding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I find it pretty annoying to read his posts too.

What I am asking, is if this is the kind of gameplay the red orchestra serie is aiming for, or if we can hope for a future change that brings the game closer to its forefather red orchestra. This is it, do we have to live with the easy shooting 1 shot 1 kill thingy, or we can hope for some tactics and flanking?

Just finished another spartanovka game with 42 kills on TWI official.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you a high school teacher, by any chance? I ask because you've been copying every other post and correcting them in small segments, as if you're grading an essay test. :rolleyes:

Don't use smileys, they detract from your point and are very unprofessional. I asked for 5 paragraphs, this is not nearly long enough. F- See me after class.

Karma's basically saying what I've been hammering on since the beta started. Rather than complain that RO2 was different, I've been teaching myself how to work within the new mechanics. I've found a hitherto unknown talent with the LMG through a combination of stealth, tactical movement, and practice. It's far from as useless and underpowered as people say it is. More like a huge, full auto sniper rifle that takes a bit of practice to get down right. But it took practice, a lot of deaths, and some research on it's real life counterparts to figure out how to use it properly. Once I did that, everything fell into place, and I've become a royal pain in the Axis with a gun most people (including myself) considered next to useless before I took the time to learn it.

Yes I find it pretty annoying to read his posts too.

What I am asking, is if this is the kind of gameplay the red orchestra serie is aiming for, or if we can hope for a future change that brings the game closer to its forefather red orchestra. This is it, do we have to live with the easy shooting 1 shot 1 kill thingy, or we can hope for some tactics and flanking?

Just finished another spartanovka game with 42 kills on TWI official.

Funny, I just finished a game on Spartanovka with ~50 kills that I got precisely because I was using tactics and flanking. The Axis weren't expecting to have an LMG shooting them from the sides or behind as they ran to the cap, and more than once I had an entire squad divert from running to the front to hunting me (to mixed results) simply by using my head. The Axis lost because they couldn't get bodies on the point. They couldn't get bodies on the point because I was behind them killing folks as they tried to run up. They couldn't get rid of me because I was in a well concealed position, constantly changing my angles of attack and my locations, and playing patiently and tactically, whereas they were just running around upright trying to find where the bullets were coming from.

It didn't take 1337 skills, just exactly what you're saying you want. Tactics and careful planning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually considering the maps ranges, the hipshooting, the easy deploy, the zoom, the easy aiming, I doubt anybody would claim mgs are bad.

I have to make a correction, I finished with 42, but I was on axis side, I don't enjoy defending, it's far too easy when the enemy has to come at you. I leave it to noobs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try hipshooting the dp-28 :p

Seriously. I don't even bother. I'm better off with the revolver when relocating than trying to hipshoot that pile of *** and recoil, and that revolver feels like shooting paintballs at those wacky Nazis. I can't tell you how many times I've shot a kraut three times in the chest with that thing, had him shoot me with his rifle, bandage up, and run along.

Upvote 0
Seriously. I don't even bother. I'm better off with the revolver when relocating than trying to hipshoot that pile of *** and recoil, and that revolver feels like shooting paintballs at those wacky Nazis. I can't tell you how many times I've shot a kraut three times in the chest with that thing, had him shoot me with his rifle, bandage up, and run along.

thats why im using the t33 loving that thing takes them out with 1 shot when up close 2 when at midrange such an awesome sidearm...but hipshooting the dp at anything over 3 meter away is just painfull

Upvote 0
Why would you? The hipshooting is good for cleaning houses, for enemies farther away you just go prone and fire.

nah the recoil is so awefull on that cheap gun you wont hit **** in the other romm pistol way better for that (that said with my 10% recoil reduction^^ its still aweful as hell when hipshooting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm constantly stunned at those that use the term "camping" to describe what they think is undesirable or atypical behavior. Either these folks think Operation Barbarrosa was akin to UT 2003, or they have never cracked a single one of the many books written on the subject. In urban Stalingrad in particular, even moving briefly in plain sight could be a death sentence. It wasn't done willingly. "Camping" was a survival tool. The poor pig who had to move to get at the "campers" was thought of as either foolish, insanely brave, or forced at gunpoint by an NKVD gun barrel. RO 2 is first and foremost an attempt to re-create a historical environment.
Now you can argue with history if you wish, but it won't budge.

Upvote 0
Man, you know I partially agree, but you can defend and you then set up at a window looking for targets or covering flanks, or cover a permiter or a frontline, or you can run into a room hide under the table with your gun pointed at the door, being utterly useless for your team, this is camping.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to explain that your acting alone, flanking the guys without getting shot is because the bad quality of the other team in terms of teamplay and leadership.

You don't need to tell me the quality of the opponents is poor. That's what I have been saying all along. I can do it on my own because the enemy sucks, not because the game does. You can do it when they are good too. In fact flanking is a basic military tactic known for thousands of years because it really works.

In RL they use squads because ONE standard soldier could not make the difference (if you don't have a LMG or an AT gun at least).

If the enemy isn't expecting him, he can. The smallest unit the SAS uses is 4 men. They may be hundreds of mile behind enemy lines. They have to be able to survive, even on their own if they get split up.

A sniper might head out into enemy territory, or a squad leader might scout ahead on his own. The prototypical charging of the machine gun nest that wins so many medals, is often carried out by a single man on a rampage.

When the enemy is looking for dozens or even hundreds of enemies, sometimes one or two can slip in and do the job and get back out again unnoticed. If you have ten men and you need a distraction to cover an assault, you might send one man out to harass the enemy, making as much noise as possible, simply to get the enemy focused on him.

You may simply get separated from your unit and have to fight your way back to them. It happens.

Don't take this to mean I am against squad based play. I've never said or even indicated any such thing. I am saying that what a lot of people think is "working with a squad" is not even remotely close.

There are fire teams for a reason. A fire team will be divided up into two combat pairs. That is the basic unit. You always want at least one friendly with you, to cover your back. That is a preference though, not a necessity.

So what you guys are doing posting screenshots about your kill and how much "awesome you are" is useless.

There is another thread here where I have a 157m head shot with the DP-28. People act like that that can't be done. I do it and can prove it. What's the problem?

You can't demostrate that a tactic is valid in that way: post me a video of you entire action and MAYBE I can take your "Rambo" tactic seriously and say "Good one" to you... it's been a bad idea workin alone but at least I have to admin that you are a skilled player.

I can go one better. I can tell you WHY and HOW it works in the REAL WORLD. No game mechanics, but real world physiology and so on. I seriously doubt you'd understand what you're seeing, even if I showed you. You don't believe it when I explain it, and its easier to explain than to show.

How am I supposed to show you a video of how someone is thinking? All I can do is show you a screen shot of a kill, and explain how I got it. The video would show nothing more than the screenshot. I ran across from spawn to the Allied end of the field. I started moving around that area looking for things you never even think about. So how would you know what I'm looking for unless I tell you?

Basically, what you're saying is I'm a liar and what I'm saying happened, didn't happen. You have nothing but your own wrong feeling to support such a wild accusation, but you'll slip it in subtly anyway.

In real life a single guy don't even start thinking about flanking enemies alone (in this case 4 of them).

You spend a lot of time talking to soldiers? Or playing with plastic ones?

If there are 10 guys, then at some point you are going to have to send out one or two to do something apart from the body of the squad. In fact the gunner and second gunner are off 100m away most of the time. I have screenshot of me killing an enemy in the cap from 157m. My squad was about 10m from him. That puts me about 150m from my squad, on my own. That does happen. That's the best place for the gun to be, and sometimes you can;t spare more than one soldier to man it.

Only Rambo could do this. I hope you understand this, that a real soldier has ONE life and the only way to fight and stay alive is to work as a team.

No ****, Sherlock? Soldiers aren't immortal? They are soldiers though. They are trained to fight wars. You don't fight wars by hiding. In fact that could get you shot by your own team. No one likes a coward when everyone is fighting for their life.

Look I'm a guy who play IL2 full switch (most realistic settings on) since years and the first rule of my squad is "Don't die! Never!". Because of this we learned to act as a team.

When have I ever said anything else? Running and gunning is not about going lone wolf, its about using movement to position you and your squad in the most effective and safe location to engage the enemy. If there is no cover, the safest place is somewhere else. You don't get there by camping.

A lone wolf is not the same thing as a run and gunner. they are not synonymous. A sniper that camps all day is a lone wolf, just as much as Rambo deep behind enemy lines by himself is a lone wolf.

I've never once said teamwork isn't important. It's just that it can be done on an ad hoc, as the need arises, basis. And it happens all the time. Two guys heading in the same direction come under fire. They will both do the same things which is an element of team work. They don;t have to talk about it, they just do it until the threat has passed and then move off in their separate ways.

So I'm totally against an irrealistic way to fight like the way you are defending here.

You don't know what is realistic. I'm not joking. I can quote medal citation after medal citation to show you than lone wolf run and gun happens FOR REAL. Many heroes are seen for the last time by friendly eyes running off into the smoke, alone, murder in their eyes. It happens.

Player's skill > team work => CoD style.

Are you saying that skilful players should be limited so that you don't feel like a loser? It sure reads that way to me. You seem to be saying that if the players skill has more effect than teamwork, then the game becomes CoD. What I hear is "if the game doesn't prevent people from doing realistic things and killing me, I hate the game."

I can easily be one of your victim if my team is doing wrong. Many times I die because playing with casual teammates I can't communicate with them. I saw one of my guy covering the right flank, so I have faith in him and I advance ignoring that side

There is your mistake. You are meant to be covering him. How can you do that if you don't know where he is? You should be looking at him constantly.

There is no VOIP on the battlefield. War is loud. You can't hear yourself think. That's why people learn the techniques I told you so they don;t HAVE to communicate. Everyone knows what everyone else should be doing, and is doing it themselves. When you are constantly checking to see where he is, he should be doing the same things. If he sees a threat he waits until you look at him, and then he indicates somehow, either by firing at it to mark the target, or hand signal.

That's what I mean by you not knowing what is real. You actually think people can hear each other in the middle of a battle. You can't. So if you are losing because you can't talk to people, it's because either you or they or both don't know what you're doing. Proper tactics require minimal communication to carry out. Everyone just does them.

Then you flank me on that side and I die, only because the guy on the right has not done his job. Damn but probably it's because you're more skilled than me.

If I killed him, then you, then yes. Probably. If he ran off and left you exposed and I manoeuvred to take advantage, then yes probably. If you had no idea at all what was about to happen, then DEFINITELY. Just by watching where you look, I'd be able to tell you what would happen.

Even if your team mate was doing his job perfectly he could be killed and you'd never even know it, because you never even looked at him.

Anyway until you objective is not clear (enemy want to retake it) somebody have to stay behind on the last one, and move only when the objective is ours 100%. Above all the slow LMGs.

Not really. The enemy doesn't spawn in the objective if you are assaulting it. We all know how hard it is to spawn on a squad leader because of this. So when you team enters the objective and kills the defenders, you have a small window before they come back.

This is the time to grab as much territory as possible, not sit on the territory you have waiting for them to come back. They will have people further back covering too. The assault guys want to stop briefly to gather stamina and reload and bandage and whatever. They need those covering enemy to be dealt with. The guys who were covering the assault before should already be pushing through to deal with them.

The new objective is to secure the approach to the objective, not to secure the objective you have already secured. You should be assaulting out of the objective towards the next objective before the defenders who were killed can respawn, while the assault troops cover you. That will then put you in position to cover the assault troops as they move to attack the next objective.

The enemy is on the back foot, why give him time to reset his defences?

Do you know that riflemen's job there to advance until in effective reange of their weapon, under cover of the MG, and when wrest fire superiority from the enemy? If your enemy is in range then you fire!

The infantryman's role is to close with and kill the enemy. You can't kill him if you can't hit him. It's easier to hit him if you are closer. It's pretty obvious really.

Of course... all my post is against the "aggressive defence" concept.
If you are attacking you have to move (supported) and advance.

Consider this scenario. You are trying to hold a house, but it is being assaulted by the enemy and they are outside the door to your room preparing to come in.

Passive defence is when you get as much cover as you can and then you wait for them to come in. An active defence would be to try and prevent them from even coming into the room. So, what to do? Simple. Treat the hallway as the room, and YOU assault THEM.

They will usually be bunched up, maybe reloading etc, and the last thing they expect is you to come out and fire a high velocity bullet straight at them. I get one / shot two kills that way quite a lot.

I'm turning the tables and doing to them what they were trying to do to me, but I'm doing it first. I have taken the initiative, won the element of surprise and spoiled their attack before it even began.

You might call it Rambo, but I call it the smart option.

Its because the map design, the ridiculous bendage system, the quantity of semi and auto weapons, the inaccuraracy of MGs and their bad suppression feature, ect.

I can post a screenshot of a 157m head shot on a German hiding behind a wall with an MkB that I did with the DP-28. if you think the MG's are inaccurate, it's because you don't know how to use them.

Upvote 0