• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open Beta Release date questions wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I imagine since TW have already made this game so it is more user friendly in the hopes to bring in a wider audience the distribution of beta keys will go out into the gaming community in the hopes to bring new faces on the scene especially since they already know us folks arguing on the forums are already buying...

Fileplanet subscribers maybe...? or is that too low ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think its wrong to say their marketing is 3/100, we have been given plenty of videos and screenshots! I think it was a bad idea not allowing people to play the game at conventions because a games true critic is gamers and places like PC Gamer surely must take a fee per page when it comes to articles and people could argue what you put in you get out, look at the COD series they always get rave reviews and its nicht so gut!

Upvote 0
I imagine, but I'm not positive about it, that most of those that had trusted access to beta testing in ROOST will have an opportunity to get in on the closed beta.

Problem is, those of us who were not in from the start (I was in a bit after ROOST was released on steam, not the mod days) will not be able to join in and show that even they can be useful to testing.

Upvote 0
The mods have locked the threads because it is an already asked and answered question easily found using the search function provided by the forums.

The answer is, there will be no open beta, there will be a large closed beta. We do not have anything further to announce on it at this time.

Also the date and system specs on steam are placeholder and not final. Until Tripwire announces a date there is no release date (we haven't yet).

Easily found?

You have just stated that you haven't made any announcement regarding the release date of any beta and any dates found are placeholders. Where is this information you haven't released yet that can easily be found via a forum search?

Talk about tying yourselves up in knots...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They haven't made any announcements regarding the release date, and said so in multiple posts. These posts can easily be found using the forum search. Aka the release date cannot be found but TWI's answer to the OP's question can easily be found.

Since there are like 20 forum threads asking when the beta will be released, after a while you stop wanting to post the same reply. Which causes mods to lock said threads. Just because there is no set release date known yet, doesn't make it that TWI should respond to every thread asking the exact same question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They haven't made any announcements regarding the release date, and said so in multiple posts. These posts can easily be found using the forum search. Aka the release date cannot be found but TWI's answer to the OP's question can easily be found.

Since there are like 20 forum threads asking when the beta will be released, after a while you stop wanting to post the same reply. Which causes mods to lock said threads. Just because there is no set release date known yet, doesn't make it that TWI should respond to every thread asking the exact same question.

As the OP said, it says x date on steam and there is no official date anywhere here because they haven't announced it. They should expect people to be asking and provide a link to an answer rather than provide nothing but a locked thread or a message reading ' use search ' when there is no date to search for.

A simple .txt file to be pasted in as an answer, reading ' there is no date for a beta because we havent released one, and the dates you see on steam e.t.c are not genuine, sorry for all the confusion '

Common courtesy?

Upvote 0
a good idea is if you have a pre order beta as well as give a certain ammount of keys to other sites so that people who already know they'll like the game will pre order and will be better at reporting bugs and stuff and then you also get people in to the beta who don't know about it and tell other people about how awesome it is and then they might pre order it and tell there friends until the entire internet is cowering before tripwire. NONE SHALL SURVIVE THE WRATH OF THE :IS2: !!!!

Upvote 0
Common courtesy?

The first post he made was responded with please use search and some links of previously discussed topics if I remember correctly resulting in thread to be locked.

The OP then made multiple additional threads asking the exact same again, which were then instantaneously locked.

Logically if someone posts something that has been answered multiple times you say that it has been answered multiple times and request the op to use search and then you lock it. But patience only goes thus far.

Upvote 0
We do not see Beta as a marketing tool that many other developers see it as. We see it as a tool to help us fix bugs before release.

In the past we have used Steam free weeks and weekends (as well as guest passes) to great success and I forsee us using them again in the future :)

Also: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49954

Upvote 0
We do not see Beta as a marketing tool that many other developers see it as. We see it as a tool to help us fix bugs before release.

In the past we have used Steam free weeks and weekends (as well as guest passes) to great success and I forsee us using them again in the future :)

Also: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49954[/URL]
I think I came a little.

That's why you guys are the only developers I truly trust with gaming.

I really do.:IS2:

Upvote 0
When you look at this pic, perhaps you'll understand......
A pic of page one of a really quick search of "beta" in Titles Only:

beta.PNG

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
I think the term "BETA" has actually got lost in this whole gaming industry. A beta is used to test the game and find bugs on a larger scale than QA Testing.

What most of you want is a public demo or a free weekend or something. Where you just want to play the game :p

I hope TWI is just keeping true to what BETA means. And are not ruling out the possibility of public demos/free weekends or whatever they want to call it. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.