• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Jan Issue Cover: "Why RO2 will beat CoD:BlOps"

This point was brought up in the last CROSSHAIRS of 2010, but is TWI going to release that PIV cross-section diagram online?

There are some discussions about RO2 perking up on forums I visit here and there always talking about how RO2 is "generation leaping" and innovating the FPS genre. I've seen the tank diagram from the magazine and it is absolutely fantastic. The details in the diagram are more than enough to prove to the naysayers that RO2 has extreme depth and truly is the start of the new generation of military shooter.

RO2 is the future.

Because Ramm....is actually Big Brother
images

:troll:

In all seriousness though, I truly hope that the enormous depth and big gambles (that look like they will pay off) will shine through and set a new standard in quality in all genres, either arcady or realistic (not as in "arcadey has RO features", but as in "arcadey has RO innovation"). Also, this may start to rip the spotlight off of big companies, allowing highly competetive, smaller Indie companies to take hold. This would be what PC gaming needs. Large empires that have little competition or true motive for dramatic creativity do not have the motives or ingenuity to make big gambles off brilliant ideas. But when there is feirce competition among well-rescourced, innovative, little states, then you see people going the distance no others will to make it big. And that works in both History and gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brozex
Upvote 0
Just finished reading the article online.

TWI, I'm blown away by how deeply you guys have thought about the player experience in HoS. It makes me realize how many things in FPS I've given up as the years have gone on. The philosophy of design given in that article too is something I've really been missing as a gamer for years now: feature-driven development. Thank.......god. I wish more dev houses would focus on creating features instead of trying to bundle what already works.

Can't wait for release, so I can see where talk meets reality.

Upvote 0
I am new to RO, but :
* I love WW2 games
* I like the Unreal Engines
* I like to mod levels

Can't wait ;]]

Glorious first post ;)

I think you will like this then; however, it is more difficult than most other WWII games, so be warned (it uses realism for balance, so you will have to think like a soldier instead of a rambo ;)). I'm sure you already know that though, Im just restating obvious facts here :D

In any case, you should love it :IS2:

Upvote 0