• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hos release date 2010 Q4 according to publisher 1C

If thats true, then that is trully miserable news :|
Sorry to put a downer on things, but my feeling is most of us have been hoping for Q1, Q2 latest.

Another year just sounds like bad news for our (small) community.
We have had nothing new recently (I understand the Devs dont support the game) but third party content (not including the stand alone mods) is non existant.

Lets hope this is a horrible lie!

Q1 or 2? are you mad? When the showed the first footage, they even said it was just an alpha, which suggests it hadnt reached beta yet. I predicted it would be Q3 or 4 and even if 1C have made that date up, i still believe it will be Q3 or 4. Just got to deal with it.

RO:eek:st still gets a full server every night which is enough, the players left sill playing are mostly decent people which is great.

Upvote 0
I dont think the clan community can survive that long. Nor the public servers.

I predict in 6 months things will be dismally poor.

TWI need to pull their finger out, especially since by the time they release the game engine will be old!!!!

we think alike here. the graphs show a constant downward arrow not only in regards to public play but clan play as well. clans are really the only thing keeping this game going and to expand on what Craig said, in 6 months i'd be surprised to see even 10 clans fielding teams to compete (not scrim) on a regular (more than once a month) basis. dedication can only last so long.

i honestly believe they are holding out on us. i'm sorry, but it cannot take 4 years, not even for TW, to just get to alpha stage. look at all the content that's been pushed out so quickly in the past with updates for RO and KF, heck look at how quickly they MADE KF ready for retail. granted a lot of the foundation work was already done due to it being a mod, but in under a year to get that game out?? 3 years should be plenty for what is essentially an upgrade of RO. i'd venture to say at least 50% of the game is all just stuff from RO that would need to be ported over to the new engine. again, 3 years is a long time.....doubt TW took 10hr lunch breaks everyday :D

also remember with those release dates like 1C posted, they always put the latest possible date until they receive more info. i don't care what 1C or Amazon says, because until TW says Q4 2010 i won't be convinced. it would not at all suprise me to still see a release in under 6 months and i still have my hopes for a 4 year anniversary release in march.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
BS said:
3 years should be plenty for what is essentially an upgrade of RO. i'd venture to say at least 50% of the game is all just stuff from RO that would need to be ported over to the new engine.

Personally I'm expecting much more than this. Most of us have been playing RO for the last 4-5 years, and I'm hoping they push the envelope with this next one.. If it's the same game but on a new engine, I'll probably pass on buying it.

They've really got to do something outside of the box in order to make things fresh again. RO was a nice departure from the typical FPS, and I'm really hoping they try to distance themselves further with unique gameplay variables and dynamics.

Upvote 0
I've been playing RO for more than 5 years, i want some real change in the core gameplay. Especially in the capsystem.

The default RO capsystem did its job well but after 5 year you just want to feel something different, and not only get improvement say to weapons usage first person view and penetration. But actual changes in the basic gametypes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I'm expecting much more than this. Most of us have been playing RO for the last 4-5 years, and I'm hoping they push the envelope with this next one.. If it's the same game but on a new engine, I'll probably pass on buying it.

They've really got to do something outside of the box in order to make things fresh again. RO was a nice departure from the typical FPS, and I'm really hoping they try to distance themselves further with unique gameplay variables and dynamics.

RIGHT exactly what i hope for too. what i was trying to say was that alot of the foundation work would already be done, or partially completed like vehicle, weapon and player skins, static meshes, textures etc... you know the same basic foundation stuff from ROOST. of course that would just be the basic stuff and hopefully TW's been cooking up a lot of new stuff for us. my point is that it's not like they had to create EVERYTHING from scratch for the new game so that should save them a lot of time, at least 4 years later, you'd think that a lot would be done by now.

again in regards to clans, yes this community has a lot of diehards, but everyone has their breaking point. so many players and clans saying "we'll be back for HOS". when it comes out, it will be awesome again, but until then those left playing are either still playing because of either their ego, they're no good at any other game, they are super diehards, or they're like me and don't have the money to spend on new computer parts and new games :D

we'll just have to wait and see once the new year comes along. maybe Santa will pay a visit to TW and his elves can give them a hand :D

Upvote 0