• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If someone broke into your house...

If someone broke into your house...

• Call the cops and hide

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Call the cops and confront him

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Nothing, just wait till he's gone

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Beat him up

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Call the cops, then beat him up

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
...what would you do?

Personally I have a deathwish + adrenaline junkie so I'd probably try to take him on. Protect my family too, so two birds with one stone
wink.gif
. (I'd call 911 first though duh)

Hopefully this would happen AFTER I get my 91/30 in the mail hehe :).

Last edited:
I've never given my reaction to a burglar any thought tbh.
I do worry about the 'gang of drunk ppl in your front garden and kicking your car' scenario, cos i know i'd find it hard to let that go.

You sometimes read about a nice young family man being beaten to death when he came out asking them politely to stop.
You never read about a nasty man impolitely setting on them with a claw hammer coming to any harm, so i might give that a go.

Upvote 0
I dont want to sound macho because the truth is I'm anything but a tough guy. I think violence is pretty disgusting and for me is reserved as an absolute last resort. In fact I cant remember the last time I had to get physically violent; probably high school.. but, breaking into my house is a big-time violation in my mind so, for that reason, there is the combination of a micro-eagle registered in my name plus a janky .22 pistol purchased from the parking lot of a gun show that has no history or connection to me as far as I'm concerned..

Take a guess what the .22 is for.

After all is said and done, I would then call the cops.

Upvote 0
Two years ago someone broke into our apartment while my gf and me were sleeping. We didn't wake up and only noticed when our bags lay on the floor and the front door was wide open the next morning. Nothing was stolen though, seems like we were below their thieving standards. Policeman told me they were probably disturbed by a sound or something and fled. Don't worry too much, burglars come to steal stuff, not axemurder you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would firstly get Mrs Craig to safety, be it through a window, hiding her somewhere or baracading her in.

I would not risk fighting a dude when my familys at stake.

If its just me in the house, I hit him with hard sharp things, unless I can simply escape. Fighting people is fine and I can hold my own, but junkie ****s are all too willing to take a life . . even if you win, then what, prison for murdering a drug addict?? UK law sucks when it comes to protecting your family.

Upvote 0
Probably call the cops and get in a nice comfortable spot with my SKS, since it takes about 20-30 mins for police to respond to a call where I live. Maybe give the neighbor a call too, wouldn't mind having someone with a nice AR watching from across the way. I wouldn't try to confront home invaders - you never know how many there are, so it would be stupid to reveal your position. If they come into the wrong hallway, I'm shooting without warning. Some people think you should try and take them prisoner or something. Personally I'm not willing to expose myself to the slightest amount of harm to save the life of someone who breaks into my home.

I'd most likely go to prison for a while because I think you're supposed to use equal force against an aggressor in this state. As in the UK, criminals have set rights. Wouldn't even have to worry about it if I lived in a state like Florida or Texas.

Upvote 0
90% of the people who say they'd beat him up would be lying on the floor after five seconds already. The first and most natural thing to do is hide and call the cops. If I could get a clear view of the burgler and see that he's a) physically inferior b) not armed with a knife/gun and at the same time I had a knife or softgun(since they don't throw guns after you in europe, but the burgler probably wouldn't notice the difference) + adrenaline kick then I'd try to take on him / scare him away. Of course it might be different if you have a real gun or a family to protect, but alone that's just carelessly risking your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got a nice katana in my living room - designed for such eventualities.

No-one would ever try and break into my ****ty little flat imo, but if they did, the sight of me in my bockies waving that around would hopefully get them out quick. The sound of it unsheathing is scarey enough for 90% of any burglars to run tbh.

The space is a little too cramped for the katana to actually be effective, so if it goes further than that I am ****ed - but that would be the case in a tiny flat like mine anyways as there is only one way in or out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
would I kill him and then feed the dogs?

"Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs.
You gotta starve the pigs for a few days, then the chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead.
You gotta shave the heads of your victims and pull the teeth out, for the piggies' digestion.
You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to sieve through pig****, do you?
They will go through bone like butter.

You need at least 16 pigs to finish the job in one sitting...
...so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm.

They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes.
That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute.
Hence the expression... "as greedy as a pig"."

Upvote 0
A cop said to us once about people breaking in "If you shoot him in the face, you can make up any story you liked and get away with it." (with emphasis on "face") Funny really, we said we'd try and keep him from getting away until the police arrived. The cops in my town are a little odd. :v

Upvote 0