• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another TWI Interview - plus screenshots

Quick recap:

Lots of talk about the company and the first mod, they broke even after 5 days of sales.

16-32-64 player maps which adjust for the amount of players playing, so if theres 16 people then some floors of a building wont be available.

so far 4 unlocks (avt, mkb, semi-auto sniper rifles), and various tweaks for classes, better barrels for MGs so they dont overheat as fast, better magazines for assault.

Battlefield comission, if youre not high enough rank but played very well youll get access to better weaponry in the next round.

NO CONSOLES (yet?) since the sexbox and PS3 cant handle it.

Very specific anatomy: different damage if bullet went through or is still loded within you, all vital organs and bones mapped out. Also applies to tanks with the breaks, transmission, ammunition... etc.

Easy to use cover system (i think theyre implying it works like gears of war but first person view - the way u control it with ease)

Enjoy.

Upvote 0
The first screen is not really new, look that, dating of November 2010:
http://pics.roladder.net/c93d2156dab0a24a4e1e0ab3ebabee32.jpghttp://pics.roladder.net/c93d2156dab0a24a4e1e0ab3ebabee32.jpg
The similarities are very strange...:rolleyes:

despite the fact that similar versions have already been revealed, they are still technically "new". the one with the pIV is significantly blown up from the "old" shot, and actually the one with the t34 is not the same....in the "new" one the t34 is firing it's cannon whereas in the old one the cannon was not firing...also the new one expands out to show more soldiers. while they may have been taken at nearly the same time, they are not the exact same.

these two appear to be "new":

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/red_orchestra_2_heroes_of_stalingrad/373835#show

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/red_orchestra_2_heroes_of_stalingrad/373834#show

at least they look like expanded views of two screens that were released a little while back

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
despite the fact that similar versions have already been revealed, they are still technically "new". the one with the pIV is significantly blown up from the "old" shot,

True, but it's still the same shot.

and actually the one with the t34 is not the same....in the "new" one the t34 is firing it's cannon whereas in the old one the cannon was not firing...also the new one expands out to show more soldiers. while they may have been taken at nearly the same time, they are not the exact same.

Look again, they're exactly the same! :eek:

Upvote 0
I have a problem with those running Germans next to the tank... They look like aliens scurrying at USCM infantry.

Who raises their arms that high when running? Try doing a crouching run and see if you can get your elbows that high even if you try.

This has been an issue for me since the first teaser was released.

Hey, can we get insect screams for dying, evil Germans?

Upvote 0
I have a problem with those running Germans next to the tank... They look like aliens scurrying at USCM infantry.

Who raises their arms that high when running? Try doing a crouching run and see if you can get your elbows that high even if you try.

Run much? ;) The examples are endless.....

ronnie_lar439.jpg
ronnie_lar441.jpg
businessmen-leaving-starting_~PH092_024.jpg
businessmen-leaving-starting_~PH092_019.jpg
woman-running-track_~px224s049.jpg

Upvote 0

You know these animations were mo-capped, right? Can't vouch for the nationality of the actor but I'm fairly certain as to the species.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
You know these animations were mo-capped, right? Can't vouch for the nationality of the actor but I'm fairly certain as to the species.

So? That just means it isn't the TWI animator's fault that the Germans run silly, it's the motion capture model's fault.

@Floyd: those are sprinters in controlled circumstances, not soldiers in a battle. If you've seen actual combat footage, you'll see that German solders never run like that.

And of course, with some common sense or personal experience you would realize how difficult it would be to run like that while carrying all sorts of heavy equipment on your body and carrying a weapon in one hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Floyd: those are sprinters in controlled circumstances, not soldiers in a battle. If you've seen actual combat footage, you'll see that German solders never run like that.

This. Up there.

I've been in the military (light infantry = lots of attacking and counter-attacking) but I doubt I ran like that in full combat gear and carrying an assault rifle.

And yeah, I do run a lot. Long distances though, not sprinting like those running monkeys in the pictures. (Long-distance runner vs. sprinter humour.)

BTW, I loved Bluehawk's animation. Laugh. <3

Upvote 0
This. Up there.

I've been in the military (light infantry = lots of attacking and counter-attacking) but I doubt I ran like that in full combat gear and carrying an assault rifle.

And yeah, I do run a lot. Long distances though, not sprinting like those running monkeys in the pictures. (Long-distance runner vs. sprinter humour.)

BTW, I loved Bluehawk's animation. Laugh. <3

So? That just means it isn't the TWI animator's fault that the Germans run silly, it's the motion capture model's fault.

And of course, with some common sense or personal experience you would realize how difficult it would be to run like that while carrying all sorts of heavy equipment on your body and carrying a weapon in one hand.

Don't really need actual combat footage. Been there, done that. ;) Different war, same fear of death.
The more equipment, the more unbalanced, the more one uses their arms to maintain balance. The pics I see are soldiers sprinting as fast as they can for cover. Looks pretty real to me.

Seriously, some of you guys are a real riot. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for some "uncontrolled" sprinters that aren't monkees. :rolleyes: Keep in mind, too, that this is a single frame of an animated motion. Not unlike the muzzle flashes so hotly contested.

Upvote 0
Don't really need actual combat footage. Been there, done that. ;) Different war, same fear of death.

For all I know you could have pranced around like a school girl in full battle gear while in combat. That doesn't change the fact it's impractical and German soldiers in WWII didn't do it.

The more equipment, the more unbalanced, the more one uses their arms to maintain balance.
More equipment doesn't mean more unbalanced, it's the distribution of the mass that matters.

Seriously, some of you guys are a real riot. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for some "uncontrolled" sprinters that aren't monkees. :rolleyes: Keep in mind, too, that this is a single frame of an animated motion. Not unlike the muzzle flashes so hotly contested.
This is not based on a single frame. We've seen the full sprinting motion from the trailers and gameplay videos. It looks unrealistic. Now if TWI did motion capture with a model actually wearing the proper amount of equipment distributed properly and carrying a weight in one hand as an analog for a weapon and the model was able to easily sprint like that, well then I guess I'm wrong. But common sense says otherwise.

I'm not deny that it would be possible to sprint like that. But all the time? And by every single soldier in the entire army?

Last edited:
Upvote 0