• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are there any 6+ player w/ perk leveling servers?

Kale

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
ALSO I DON'T MEAN LEVELING just getting the xp for doing stuff with the bros :p
Are there any? I remember playing this on release and I was on 8/10/16/18/20/30/32/ and even 100 (FUN TIMES :D) player servers and most of them had park leveling enabled on them. Don't get me wrong I love teamwork, but sometimes it is fun to play with more then the usual six people. Are they black listed? Can anyone give me the IPs of any if they exist.

Sorry if I missed anything while I was gone :/ this update brought be back .

Last edited:
About perks, i believe the game should stop perking at some level, because i dont want to play with a super hero that doesn't die when getting hit like The Medic Class.. thats totally unfair and stupid, or stop at some level, or the game gets new brutal specimens xD Both sound great!

That only happens until his armor is gone. Then he dies just as fast as everyone else...

Upvote 0
The 6 player slots are fun in their own way. Teamwork and all that jazz. I like them more then the larger slots
..But the 60 player slots, fighting the patty is just too damn cool to ignore. People got less XP from these maps (most people had about 100 kills average by the last wave) and should be back in the game. Because it's nice to play on every now and then

Upvote 0
The 6 player slots are fun in their own way. Teamwork and all that jazz. I like them more then the larger slots
..But the 60 player slots, fighting the patty is just too damn cool to ignore. People got less XP from these maps (most people had about 100 kills average by the last wave) and should be back in the game. Because it's nice to play on every now and then
20+ player servers are amazing, but the leveling speed on them would (or rather, was, when they worked) ridiculously over-the-top...

Upvote 0
Perks will never increase with the playercount over 6. Period.

Servers can have as many players as they wish...

Although you are not an employee, may I consider this TW's official stance on servers that go above 6 players?

Some of my clan members have an interest in running a >6 slot server, but I'm currently against it because it would be more expensive and if TW doesn't support it I would find it to be unethical and not do it (the same grounds for which we look very hard to keep easily-exploitable maps off of our rotation and kickban exploiters after 1 warning).

Upvote 0
None of the perks (save for commando) require that you kill specimens, only deal a certain amount of damage against them, and on such large servers certain specimens have a lot of health.

True, but is was basically the scrake and fp, not counting the patty, but even then you had about everyone in the server attacking the same guy so the damage equaled out. It was next to impossible for 1 guy to get it all.

Upvote 0
Although you are not an employee, may I consider this TW's official stance on servers that go above 6 players?

Some of my clan members have an interest in running a >6 slot server, but I'm currently against it because it would be more expensive and if TW doesn't support it I would find it to be unethical and not do it (the same grounds for which we look very hard to keep easily-exploitable maps off of our rotation and kickban exploiters after 1 warning).

PUTZ did represent Tripwire's stance pretty well. We don't consider it unethical to run a 6+ player server, we just don't allow Perks to progress on these servers because, as has been mentioned, the Scrakes and Fleshpounds turn into Levelers for the damage oriented Perks. When we released the game, we believed we had already stopped Perk Progression on 6+ player servers, but people found a way around it, so we plugged those holes. There are still 6+ Player Servers out there and we are happy they exist, players just can't progress their Perks on these servers.

Upvote 0
PUTZ did represent Tripwire's stance pretty well. We don't consider it unethical to run a 6+ player server, we just don't allow Perks to progress on these servers because, as has been mentioned, the Scrakes and Fleshpounds turn into Levelers for the damage oriented Perks. When we released the game, we believed we had already stopped Perk Progression on 6+ player servers, but people found a way around it, so we plugged those holes. There are still 6+ Player Servers out there and we are happy they exist, players just can't progress their Perks on these servers.
What if someone made a mut. that made the fleshpounds weaker in such servers (with as much health as it would have in a 6 slot server..)

Upvote 0