• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Being shot means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can just bandage yourself up in 2 seconds and go about your business like nothing has happened.

A shot to the leg should mean permanent limping until you die and respawn.
A shot to the arm should mean bad/erratic aiming.

This whole 'you got shot, bandage yourself and it's ok' thing is pointless.

Some good points here, though you DO bleed out quickly if you dont bandage it

Upvote 0
If you can just bandage yourself up in 2 seconds and go about your business like nothing has happened.

A shot to the leg should mean permanent limping until you die and respawn.
A shot to the arm should mean bad/erratic aiming.

This whole 'you got shot, bandage yourself and it's ok' thing is pointless.

Really? I know of a guy who'd been shot in the leg with 5.56mm and didn't notice it until after the battle was over.

Ever considered that, since you've never been shot, maybe you're wrong?

Upvote 0
Grazing wounds that cause you to bleed =/= wounds that mean you're outta the fight.

RO2's damage model is way more detailed than Ostfront's. Naturally you're going to think you're taking way more hits than you should have, but it's really just a side effect of being killed so often in Ostfront because somebody nicked your arm.

The preview videos highlight this and that's probably why you think people aren't just flat out dying enough.

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
So just because you know some guy who didnt notice it that means no human being has ever noticed being shot?

Wonderful logic.

No. But it means that human beings DO fail to notice it.

It doesn't mean 1 in a billion, it just means some do notice it, and some don't.

That's a fact.
Your argument basically says nothing because I can present the same argument in reverse and have it be at no less a fault - thus the only conclusion we can reach is that, since some people don't notice getting shot, bandaging your leg wound and still being able to move quickly is NOT unrealistic.

As a side note from the videos I've seen shots that hit limbs with the Battle Rifle cartridges usually cause slow-death instead of bandagable wounds - which is a lot better than in RO1 where they didn't do anything other than slow your speed down for a few seconds.

In short, since in RO1 you would recover from leg/arm wounds in a few seconds, enforcing a bandaging system for such wounds is actually BETTER.

Last edited:
Reactions: funymunky
Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we already established that there would be a limp, and that the bandage just prevents bleeding out?
I also heard (don't you dare quote me on this, boy) that as a substitute of your hand getting shot and the gun flying like in RO:OST, that if you get shot in shoulder you can't/it's harder to shoot.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.