• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DAOrigins2011-03-2319-52-10-68.jpg

Upvote 0
Hmm...I think I'm too old for that game. It looks really simple to play, and that earthquake seemed pretty underwhelming for something that just dropped a freeway overpass. I say leave it to the 10 year olds.
You're wrong, but feel free to continue with the ignorance if that's what you'd like to be.

Upvote 0
You're wrong, but feel free to continue with the ignorance if that's what you'd like to be.

I agree with Zips. Crysis 2 seems to be the new World War 2. Just bashing for the sake of bashing. I played the game for few hours today, and I have to say that it's pretty awesome. There's even similar peeking from cover functionality as seen in HoS videos.

Upvote 0
Ok. so I bought Crysis 2, even though I found part 1 only mediocre.

And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. It does look gorgeus on extreme, and it features almost overly saturated colours, which make it look absolutely beautiful. And it runs better than part 1.

To summarize my yet quite fresh impressions: It's a way better action game than any Call of Honorfront, and the enemies act reasonably intelligently. I do have the fear though, that just like in Far Cry and Crysis 1, once the aliens/monsters appear, the gameplay will be much less tactical, and thus blander.
It strikes a fine balance between railroading you through and giving you oportunities to to use different approaches, especially since switching between the suit's powers is much more fluent, and they are tweaked to be properly useful.
The first person cover system is simply the best cover system of the industry right now, even though i do think RO:HoS will best it in that aspect.

All in all, one of the very few recent games that don't feel like I wasted money by paying full price. Especially since the SP campaign is said to be 10 hours long.

And here are some commented screenshots (1920x1080, extreme):
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a console port and it looks like one.

Well, it does have certain consolish qualities, like checkpoints and no quicksave, but graphically, i can't complain much, except for the low res textures of "physics" objects whose sole purpose is to be thrown around by shots and explosions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a console port and it looks like one.
Give it a damn rest already. The amount of blind fanatical comments about how this game or any other multiplatform game is a "poor console port" (or whatever your phrase of the month is for it) from people who probably haven't even PLAYED the game let alone own it is simply astounding.

You people need to stop jumping onto bandwagons simply because you can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So what are the thoughts on it so far, the demo left a bad taste in my mouth so I havn't bought it.

As I said before, I am pleasantly surprised. I think the gameplay mechanics are streamlined sensibly, making the different nano suits modes more dynamic. The game makes you improvise more than part 1. Also, it somehow manages that the nano suit feels both more badass and more vulnerable than in part 1.

The guns feel considerably powerful and aiming is good. The first person cover system is very well done.

The difficulty is nicely challenging, and the AI does react to you. Even if you use the same approach twice on the same battle, the enemies react differently.

What I dislike is that it has no quicksave, but checkpoints. They are set before all battles, but as some battles have 2-3 "waves", dying in the third is quite frustrating.

Also, it's quite linear and suffers from tube like maps. Most of the big encounters are in reasonably large areas though, allowing for sever routes and approaches.

All in all, it's a very good, optically mostly brilliant game.

Upvote 0