• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The future is bright

Sufyan

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Sweden
It hasn't escaped anyone's attention that this game is rough around the edges and the community is in a kind of turmoil over said rough edges and some confusing design decisions. I would lie if I wasn't frustrated with some of the things that are currently grieving me (clunky and occasionally unworkable class and squad selection interface, the inclusion of fantastic anachronistic out of place war gear). There are things with this game I whole-heartedly wish was never put in it and in hindsight I kind of wish we had at least another month to go before the game was released.

But I will not dwell on these issues any further in this thread. I am here because I am very optimistic about the future for RO2. The game is not going to exist in a permanent chaotic and troubled release state, it is going to be polished and extended just like our very favourite RO1 which in my mind is the most complete WWII PC experience. Just as with RO1, people in the community will come and go, and die hard fans and modders will stick around to help shape the future of the game.

We are not yet out of the violent collision with the brand new everything, I am sure the guys at TWI are dancing as fast as they can keep this baby afloat. The best thing we as fans can do right now is take one step back and let them get their game up and running as they intended it before we the community step in to help them craft it into the game we are all going to love and play until RO3 comes around. The community can survive the bugs and the St

Stalingrad is a difficult era to represent in games. The things that people like about WWII such as Tigers, IS2s and pretty much all the cool infantry weapons don't come around until the latter half of 1943 and later. 1941 up to late 1942 is practically all basic infantry action with tanks that look pathetic compared to their late war replacements and not enough SMGs to meet the TO&E specifications.

Because of this I can see why the game is being spiced up with exotic 'what if' war gear and plenty of automatic weapons to deliver the experience most gamers want. I for one love the fact that whole Soviet platoons and even companies were armed with SMGs and this is an enduring image of WWII for me, though it is a late war phenomenon. The history buff in me didn't want to see Soviet tanks on PavlovsHouse, but it helps the gaming experience so I don't fret over it. I'm sure future content is going to be more bold and current content will be fine tuned over time. Of course we all want the game to be perfect today already but it cannot happen just yet. Things are crazy now but the unlocks will find their place in the game. Things will get moved around, dropped or rebuilt once the technical issues are ironed out so that the game design can evolve naturally the way TWI always work.

To make a sequel to RO1 without IS2's is actually quite a brave design endeavour given how much sentimental value it has to RO die hards!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1336_53ab.gif

Upvote 0
Well it's a well know fact that some people complain just to complain, if you take close attention to a TWI post about the fixes they are putting out, you will then see a few people complaining about other things or see "it only took two days...). Yet they don't realize that they are working as fast as they can to fix all the bugs they can. There is only twenty four hours in a day and people want everything fixed now when in reality they can't, they are human beings just like you or me they have priorities of their own to deal with.

Now I know people can't be patient as that takes time to learn for some, but hang in there, Tripwire will get those fixes out as humanly possible just like with all their games. Then the awesome magical coated updates we've known and love will be just right around the corner. :)

Reactions: Royalfork
Upvote 0
Thanks, but I am starting to think the forums make things look darker and more hostile than it really is. Most of the really harsh and upset voices are coming from new forum users. I guess people who trust Tripwire don't have the same sense of self-entitlement as immigrants from other games.

It is all just a lot of hot air and I hope it is not wearing the development team down needlessly. Take your time and fix the game up the way you wanted it, Tripwire, then we can talk about the future of the game.

Upvote 0