• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

Well, it suits me just fine :) I was concerned because I will be really busy around August 30th.

Just give us access to beta a little earlier guys, and keep the hard work. A couple of screenies and a video would be awesome too

It's funny to see something tho. One of the best things about RO was the maturity of the community... I hope this whining won't last long, and ROHOS player base will be as good as RO's

Upvote 0
tweek.jpg

Seriously though,
I'm surprised they think it's so buggy this late in development that they can't risk starting the large closed beta. Yet, they allow the press to play it, and they seem to want really good ratings, so it can't be all that bad. Sort of odd reasoning there, but they know better than anybody what is best for their game of course. I'm also a little surprised the final phase of beta was originally going to start so late, I was expecting this week or next week, not a few days to a week before release. I'd say one week would really have been an EA style 'beta/demo' that people were worried about, since that would have been leaving it impossibly late to fix anything important. In any event, I'm willing to wait if it helps the game. :)
tweek.jpg

Upvote 0

I would rather wait two weeks if that's what they need.

As someone who has been playing BLOPS I am very excited to have a game wherecheating is something that is actively dealt with. I swear it seems there is aHUGE number of hacking in BLOPS.

I also look forward to a developer that does not treat the PC community as asecond class user...

Upvote 0
Can Tripwire at least give us some information on the preorder beta release? I was really looking forward to playing this game but I can't bring my desktop to college with me. This is really disappointing. I might have to wait for winter break.

And can you guys start updating the site with some videos or something to tide us over? And no, screen shots aren't going to cut it.

Upvote 0
tweek.jpg

Seriously though,
I'm surprised they think it's so buggy this late in development that they can't risk starting the large closed beta. Yet, they allow the press to play it, and they seem to want really good ratings, so it can't be all that bad. Sort of odd reasoning there, but they know better than anybody what is best for their game of course. I'm also a little surprised the final phase of beta was originally going to start so late, I was expecting this week or next week, not a few days to a week before release. I'd say one week would really have been an EA style 'beta/demo' that people were worried about, since that would have been leaving it impossibly late to fix anything important. In any event, I'm willing to wait if it helps the game. :)
tweek.jpg

Or they planned on releasing the de beta 2 days before the game was doing to drop and now they're just adding 2 weeks to the de beta to try to give the consumer something for their money.

Make it feel like it's not a demo and more like a "beta".

Upvote 0