Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2014, 05:07 PM

The KAR98 and the MN.

Last edited by akb; 03-25-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerRidda View Post
The trench gun for sure.

It just feels so satisfying to use especially when you use manual bolting.

The trench gun sounds and feels exactly like a 12ga shotgun should. One of the best implementations of a shotgun in any game.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsirr View Post
Yeah I don't want to throw off the thread or anything, but what's up with the MP41? I understand that for someone holding it it's alot different from the MP40, but what is the difference in RO?
Well I would assume that in real life the wood stock would absorb a lot of the recoil.... as for ROCA, I dunno... I just felt it was much easier to hit what I was aiming at.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:42 PM

Russians - PPSH. So hard to defeat 1000 rounds per minute in close range with that massive magazine size. Makes mince meat of my enemies. And I just love the look and sound of it.

Germans - MKB. Yes it doesn't belong, but in game play terms its the weapon that is the jack of all trades. Effective at nearly all ranges present in the game, yet master of none of them. I would even suggest that its too good at everything. Has a nice feel to it, regardless of it not belonging.

Americans - M1 Trench Shotgun. Very satisfying weapon, especially when you slam fire it blasting away multiple enemies at close range.

Japanese - Type 38. Maybe not the most effective weapon, but I just love the feel of it. Has excellent sights, good looks, quick bolting, and drops the enemy pretty efficiently.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Russians - PPSH. So hard to defeat 1400 rounds per minute in close range with that massive magazine size.
Fixed that for ya.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdpantherX View Post
Japanese - Type 38. Maybe not the most effective weapon, but I just love the feel of it. Has excellent sights, good looks, quick bolting, and drops the enemy pretty efficiently.
This.
Even though it inflicts less damage, it's still uncommon for someone to survive a shot to the torso, and it's significantly more accurate than the Type 99.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD0x0 View Post
Fixed that for ya.
Lol man you cant play the stats game with me.

909.1(rounded) bullet per minute. I just said 1000 RPM because its easier to remember than the real # they coded into the gun. Its also what ever I read off of wikipedia.

Dont ask me why it isn't a little bit higher, I really dont know why its like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsirr View Post
This.
Even though it inflicts less damage, it's still uncommon for someone to survive a shot to the torso, and it's significantly more accurate than the Type 99.
^ Definitely. I would be surprised if people ever notice the accuracy difference under 300 meters though. I still dont understand how the spread stat translates into real terms though. .001 spread is 1 centimeter every 100 meters?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 PM

I dunno maybe the Type 99 is bugged then, sometimes I miss with it ad nauseum, like, M1 Garand levels of missing
as in- it has taken up to 4 shots to hit a guy laying down.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 PM

MN and MN only.

Real men fight with bolt rifles. Period.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM

I like the Nagant revolver.

I saw an animation video with it where you can see the reload in front of your eyes, instead of the revolver sort of going down, without you being able to see how it's reloaded like with other weapons.
Wonder if it would ever be possible to get that into the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneChRXOi-U

Here's the video.

Maybe the IOM team would like this new animation. I really like this better than the default one to be honest.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:59 AM
On Vacation

Sometimes I wonder about the 'hitting' power of the US .30/06 cartridge in game. You see a good strike on the target and it keeps moving, some need ing multiple hits. In RO2 one similar hit with the Soviet 7.62 or the German 7.92 target usually goes down.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM

^^^Pretty sure all the full powered rifles have the same damage stats. Except for some of the Japanese rifles which can be a bit weaker.
They're all roughly .30 caliber FMJ bullets moving at 2600-2700fps. (with the exception of the 6.5 arisaka)
Since they're FMJ bullets, certain torso hits, may just pencil a hole, not doing critical damage.
I never had problems with people dying using American weapons. I get pretty consistent one shots with the 1911, and have no problem with .30-06 weapons.
Many of the rifles can require more than one good hit, depending on where you hit the enemy, but I've pretty much had equal experiences with all the full powered rifle rounds.

Last edited by JD0x0; 03-27-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:20 PM

You guys probably know i am a PTRD guy. Since no PTRD is in RO2, then PTRS is fine enough
Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy View Post
You guys probably know i am a PTRD guy. Since no PTRD is in RO2, then PTRS is fine enough
All your previous posts make sense now!