• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Micro Stutter Fix!

Disable your on board sound in your pc's bios.

Buy a dedicated PCI Souncard.

Install into a spare pci slot on your mobo.

Fixed!

That is all,

Thank you.

That's not really a fix. That's throwing money at something you shouldn't need to play the game. I play many games with high channel surround sound on my onboard audio, and have no performance loss to speak of in pretty much all games I play

And that assuming it really is a fix. Maybe some more people can post their findings?

I wouldn't like TWI to sit on their laurels while we all go off and throw money at soundcards non-audiophiles haven;t needed for the past 5 years and counting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm convinced that most humans have terrible hearing. lol..
These comments blow my mind.

Why? Because I'm not that much into audio that I notice the difference, or care to?

The point I was trying to make was that onboard audio has become pretty decent in terms of performance, and that one shouldn't need one to run games without problems these days.

I didn't say anthing about their respective sound quality. Obviously, if you care much about sound, and have a nice sound system, soundcards have added value. But I haven't noticed any real performance difference between a dedicated and onboard audio for years, in all the games I have played.

I doubt the stutters are there because of a lack of a dedicated sound card.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting thread. BUT I'm running an X-fi Xtreme gamer (up to date) and my onboard sound is disabled and still suffer from poor performance.
Try again! :p

Edit: I do consider myself an audiophile (amateur music producer) and always use dedicated sound hardware. However, I agree that onboard audio devices these days are efficient enough for gaming in 7.1 with minimal performance loss.
I personally PREFER to splash an extra few coin for that sweet minimal quality increase though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Disable your on board sound in your pc's bios.

Buy a dedicated PCI Souncard.

Install into a spare pci slot on your mobo.

Fixed!

That is all,

Thank you.
sorry bud but I got the HT|OMEGA Claro+ and this brand company gets the highest positive rating on newegg cause has very simple drivers and awesome quality sound in pretty much everything,music,movies,games....

Yet I get the microstutter....

Upvote 0
Why? Because I'm not that much into audio that I notice the difference, or care to?

The point I was trying to make was that onboard audio has become pretty decent in terms of performance, and that one shouldn't need one to run games without problems these days.

I didn't say anthing about their respective sound quality. Obviously, if you care much about sound, and have a nice sound system, soundcards have added value. But I haven't noticed any real performance difference between a dedicated and onboard audio for years, in all the games I have played.

I doubt the stutters are there because of a lack of a dedicated sound card.

If you had good hearing, then you would notice the difference. That's kinda the point I'm making.

And the X-Fi cards, when they first came out, were giving some ppl up to 20% performance boosts because the card was doing all the work; and we had 1 or 2 CPU cores max. Now that we have 4 and 6 cores its not that noticeable on a performance stand-point. Also, Onboard audio uses your computers CPU and RAM. This guarantees slower performance no matter how you spin it.

To get a good idea of how your games would run w/ an X-Fi (or comparable) just run any game in -nosound mode.

If somebody wants to be competitive, then they will NEED a dedicated soundcard. I run an x-fi on my main comp and the sound quality difference is huge; even with studio headphones [even with all enhancers off]. I can hear exactly where footsteps are coming from on the X-Fi, but w/ onboard I just simply hear them from a general direction.

So if you want to improve your experience.. buy a dedicated soundcard!

Upvote 0
And the X-Fi cards, when they first came out, were giving some ppl up to 20% performance boosts because the card was doing all the work; and we had 1 or 2 CPU cores max. Now that we have 4 and 6 cores its not that noticeable on a performance stand-point. Also, Onboard audio uses your computers CPU and RAM. This guarantees slower performance no matter how you spin it.

To get a good idea of how your games would run w/ an X-Fi (or comparable) just run any game in -nosound mode.

If somebody wants to be competitive, then they will NEED a dedicated soundcard. I run an x-fi on my main comp and the sound quality difference is huge; even with studio headphones [even with all enhancers off]. I can hear exactly where footsteps are coming from on the X-Fi, but w/ onboard I just simply hear them from a general direction.

So if you want to improve your experience.. buy a dedicated soundcard!

1st soundcard isnt doing that much work with this game, its isnt doing EAX or other hardware accelaration (at least for now..).
second, personally I don't hear any difference with my 5.1 headset or my normal 2.1 headset with my onboard (via + x-fi (but disabeled all x-fi functions) compared with my asus DG or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

Maybe with music it's a little better but with games zero difference for me, also not better fps.

Upvote 0
Again, I'm talking about performance, not quality.

A lack of a dedicated soundcard shouldn't cause stutters like this.
Yes, its a bug. Has anyone implied otherwise? Anyway if you have a dedicated card it wont help a bit because its a bug with the game, and hardware acceleration isnt working (at least for now) either.

personally I don't hear any difference with my 5.1 headset or my normal 2.1 headset with my onboard (via + x-fi (but disabeled all x-fi functions) compared with my asus DG or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

Maybe with music it's a little better but with games zero difference for me, also not better fps.

Also just to clear this up, Slecht has already a Creative X-Fi onboard soundcard for having a "premium" mobo that costs a lot of money, so I dont wonder if there isnt any difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maizel
Upvote 0
Maizel, your ignorance & stubbornness on this issue is incredible, what part of "Dedicated Sound Cards Are Better than on-board sound cards" don't you understand?

You just can't read. I've capitalized the key words for you.

Seriously. drop the attitude, you don;t seem all too worldly yourself either.

I've used soundcards for as about as long as I have been gaming (20 years) , and on and off for the past 5 years.

And in these 5 years I have seen almost ZERO performance difference between a soundcard and an onboard audio card in EVERY game I've played. Sometimes even while runnign a decent 5.1 setup.

Yes, Dedicated soundcards can and mostly will sound BETTER. But in my experience they don't hurt game PERFORMANCE (again, not talking about sound QUALITY here)

Onboard audio is NOT the cause of the stutters.

If you want to believe that RO2 stutters because of a lack of a dedicated soundcard, go ahead and get one.

I'll illustrate this with an example which is maybe on your level.

If I have a bottle with water, and I puncture it, water will leak out. If I put some duck-tape on the hole, water will stop leaking.

Does that mean the cause of the water first leaking was lack of duct tape? No the cause of the water leaking out was the fact that the bottle was broken in the first place. The duct tape, was a fix though, but the lack of it, wasn't the cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm getting the same performance on high settings as well as the lowest. It makes no sense!
This was taken at lowest settings possible @ 1024x768
Using 3Ghz AMD II quad. 4GB DDR3. GTX 570 1280mb.
8C00C599263DA0D0789168B9463048C1D2E22209

Last edited:
Upvote 0