• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

10 seconds to 1 minute stutter

"Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Exit: OpenAL Audio subsystem shut down."

did you try messing with your audio settings in-game? you can change the driver, etc in the audio menu. sounds like that could maybe but probably not be your problem. also try getting updated codecs (k-lite basic or standard codec would be fine).

good luck

Upvote 0
I seem to have encountered same, or similar problem. Just today the game started to freeze for 10-20 seconds, every 30 or so seconds, and was just perfectly fine yesterday. The thing is, it's not a wireless network problem, for sure, as my wireless card is switched off all the time. I've reinstalled my Vista a couple days ago, not sure if it has anything to do with this issue.

Upvote 0
Any chance you guys could help? Like i said, in my case the freezes can't be caused by wireless card, as it's switched off. If it helps determine the cause, the Task Manager states the game is 'Not responding' during those freezes...

It's really strange, i never had any problems like this with KF, it started just for no apparent reason.

Upvote 0
Don't see why it'd suddenly choke up on dual cores, since i was playing on both for quite a while now, but tried it anyway, still nothing. The game still freezes no matter if it's in-game already or still in the menus, i get 5-10 seconds freeze after which it gets back to normal for about 20 seconds, and so on. I reinstalled my system recently (Vista 32b), but don't think it could be the cause since i was playing after this and it was fine, the next day it just started freezing.

Upvote 0
Don't see why it'd suddenly choke up on dual cores, since i was playing on both for quite a while now, but tried it anyway, still nothing. The game still freezes no matter if it's in-game already or still in the menus, i get 5-10 seconds freeze after which it gets back to normal for about 20 seconds, and so on. I reinstalled my system recently (Vista 32b), but don't think it could be the cause since i was playing after this and it was fine, the next day it just started freezing.

Have you got any realtime anti-malware (windows defender, A/V software like Avast, etc.) running?

Upvote 0
OK, I call bull**** on that, NOTHING seems to be working with this issue. To say it's annoying would be a major understatement. 20 seconds of normal gameplay, 10 seconds freeze, 20 seconds normal, 10 seconds freeze... etc... no matter if it's in game or still in menu

Tried pretty much everything that came up on my mind, reinstalling system, reverting to older graphic card drivers, disabling page file (well, at least this shortened my loading times, d'oh...) messing around with display settings in-game, and nothing, NOTHING works!

Posting dxdiag report file, maybe it'll help. I really do hope it'll help. I like this game very much, and want to play normally like i did earlier...

View attachment DxDiag.txt

Upvote 0
If it was working fine and then suddenly stopped working fine(and you already went as far as to reinstall your system), I think your machine is having some sort of issue. Sections of memory could have gone bad, hard drive sectors could have gone bad, or your video card could be overheating or dying. Try running memstat, check disk, and/or running a video card monitoring tool.

Upvote 0
OK, i know it's lame to revive and old thread like this, but i seem to have pinpointed the reason of my freezes, being either software or the driver for my NotOnlyTV DVB-T USB card. Like i said KF started having hickups on Vista, but when i installed XP it was running smoothly, until i installed mentioned TV card. Rollback to system restore point created prior to installation resulted in smooth performance once more. If the issue has already been fixed globally, disregard this post, however if there is still (sic!) someone suffering from random freezes, this might get them on the right track to find cause of it.

Peace.

Upvote 0