• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Bought them off of someone local. $25 each. Prefixed to 10/30s. Guess that is cheap for CA. They go for $30 locally for non windowed which usually goes for less. I've seen non windowed 10/30s for $24 online, but with shipping it would cost more.

I probably could have bought them for $18 or so each and converted them myself, but I am bad with tools so I thought this was safer than fixing them myself.

Too bad the windows are useless with 10 rounds. :eek:

As for buying the upper, I am completely out of money.

Still have to send my DVD drive in for a replacement (another $12, damn you Samsung!) and other stuff. So it will be a while until I get the funds. I want to shoot my AK some more to.

So it will be a while until it is done. :(

Upvote 0
I'm going to have to visit Reno or something, I think. I want some non-castrated magazines to hide in the attic or something, just for SHTF. I got just plain old 10-round C Products metal magazines for now - don't really care about the looks so much as function.

What I -really- need, though, is a milling machine, so I can make my own stuff, and not have to worry about when the f&^$tards in Sacramento decide to grab my toys.

Upvote 0
I wanted to go 10/10 mags at first, but found out they sucked for quick reloads. When pulling the 10/10 mag out of my pocket, I am holding the top which slows down reloads with the AK.

That is why I prefer 10/20 or 10/30. A larger area to grab onto.

You can also legally keep all the rebuild kits you want. So just keep a bunch of rebuild kits disassembled and you will be fine.

They show up all the time on Calguns.net.

Upvote 0
Got my AR-15 upper. Was going to get a Colt retro, but a lot of people advised me against it. Had a chopped off bayo lug, a missing flash hider washer, and some other little things.

Instead I got a CMMG mid length complete upper for $465, with some BCM part in it (forgot what). Now I just need the sights. Will probably get an ambi safety to.

But the person who bought my AK wouldn't take it for the asking price. :mad: So I am $75 short. If I had got the Colt, I'd have sights, an extra stock, extra pistol grip with cash for ammo. But, that's life.

Can't wait to shoot it. :D

Got more crappy cell phone pics:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got my AR-15 upper. Was going to get a Colt retro, but a lot of people advised me against it. Had a chopped off bayo lug, a missing flash hider washer, and some other little things.

Instead I got a CMMG mid length complete upper for $465, with some BCM part in it (forgot what). Now I just need the sights. Will probably get an ambi safety to.

But the person who bought my AK wouldn't take it for the asking price. :mad: So I am $75 short. If I had got the Colt, I'd have sights, an extra stock, extra pistol grip with cash for ammo. But, that's life.

Can't wait to shoot it. :D

Got more crappy cell phone pics:

Nice, I'm in the preliminary stages of building 2 ARs, you've got a good taste in parts.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I like the rifles basic. I don't mind optics and whatnot, but everyone these days goes way too tacticool.

I finished my AR-15. For now it is complete and ready to shoot.

Sight picture (big circle):

Small:

Sight is a Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear sight. So far I like the way it looks.

Specs:
Upper = CMMG .223 mid length with BCM something it it.
Lower = Grizzly Multical, DMPS parts kit and A2 stock
Sights: DD A1.5
Bullet Button :mad:

$831 total. Would've been $60 or so cheaper if not in CA.

Just need to learn how to zero the sights.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, ive got a deactivated Mosin Nagant 91/30. Ive just tried to load a dummy bullet and ive just found out that the barrel is blocked to near the end so the bullet cant go into the barrel which is a real bummer. Im wondering now, what if i were to use a pillar drill to drill through the blockage (all it looks like is a steel screw or stick that blocks the barrel) so i can load insert rounds, am i breaking the law (UK) and could i get charged if ever found out that the blockage has been tampered with? I would block it up again so it would still be unusable.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, ive got a deactivated Mosin Nagant 91/30. Ive just tried to load a dummy bullet and ive just found out that the barrel is blocked to near the end so the bullet cant go into the barrel which is a real bummer. Im wondering now, what if i were to use a pillar drill to drill through the blockage (all it looks like is a steel screw or stick that blocks the barrel) so i can load insert rounds, am i breaking the law (UK) and could i get charged if ever found out that the blockage has been tampered with? I would block it up again so it would still be unusable.

Thanks for any help.

I think it is obvious that it would be breaking the law if you removed the blockage so my advice is that you don't tamper with your gun.

Upvote 0
also, there are so many retarded ppl on earth, one is going to put a live one in there... (if you ever sell it)

well you see there are many parts of the gun barrel that are blocked. The end of the barrel is plugged up with a piece of steel dowel along with a piles of other stuff. There is a huge slice right along the barrel and a large opening in the chamber. But never mind, dont want to get into trouble.

Upvote 0
well you see there are many parts of the gun barrel that are blocked. The end of the barrel is plugged up with a piece of steel dowel along with a piles of other stuff. There is a huge slice right along the barrel and a large opening in the chamber. But never mind, dont want to get into trouble.

im aware of that, but as soon as its possible for someone to put in a round and put in a new fireing pin some retard on earth WILL do that :D

and get his face blown off :p

Upvote 0
I am no legal expert on UK laws, what you're doing does sound illegal.

IMO, leave it alone.

If you want to play with inert rounds, get a real one and leave it at the gun club (pretty sure that would be an option).

Also, if you didn't earlier in the thread, post pics of it.:D

Yeah ill get round to posting some pictures of it soon.

Upvote 0
Got another one!

Got another one!

This is my new to me '44 VKT M39!
44VKT.jpg

Upvote 0