• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
@Nader

Holy ****...I think I just fainted for at least 3 seconds while reading your post. It must really be that bad.

Also, I'm glad i wasn't just being butthurt when getting frustrated by this gun for the brief time I had to play earlier.

The worst part is how disorienting it is. There are no clear gunshots anymore. They all bleed together from all directions in a cacophony of sound. I can't pick out the direction of my enemies based on gunfire, and it's easy for an individual rifle shot to slip by unnoticed among all the noise. I often don't realize I'm being shot at till I'm looking at the respawn screen.

I never realized how important sound was to my game until it was no longer valuable...

Upvote 0
ok, thats it, i cant play anymore. The game cornerstone was the GUNPLAY, and now its screwed with a gun that thoroughly permits run and gun. Dont let us down, TWI, please. Please, go back to what you think the game should be. These CODesque unlocks are something you cant go halfway. Think who your audience are, and cater to them. Remember what this game is about. I know you cant do it. I wont play it again till this issue is balanced, though. Sad, yesterday i was having the time of my life. Those ****ing bolt rifles give firefights great tension.

Upvote 0
The term "game breaking" gets thrown around way too much here, but I think this is an appropriate use of it. I'm going to put this game down for a few weeks until this gets worked out. I can deal with the occasional crash or spawning with an enemy gun, but this has turned the game into something it shouldn't be.

+1. I'm really turned off by this whole thing. I was just starting to catch on and consistently ranking quite high on the server, getting some very satisfying kills (I main rifleman as a kind of masochism, and I'm getting quite good at it). I was uncovering layers of beautiful depth and strategy here, and then this rolls out and it just feels totally wrong.

This whole fiasco has really sucked a lot of the joy out of the game for me...

Upvote 0
I would leave everything the way it is. The Mkb42 is a great all-round firearm but the PPSH is slightly better up close and the rifles are better long range. The same with the MP40, it fits somewhere between the PPSH and the Mkb42 in terms of effective range in game. The Mkb42 also has a lot of kick to it. I personally find it effective only if I do like 3 shot bursts at a distance.

This is how I view the effective range of each firearm:

PPSH, MP40, Mkb42, Either sides' rifle. The Germans are really effective in mid to long range situations whereas the Russians are slightly more effective at extremely close and long range distances.

Upvote 0
Seriously, guys. The balance is screwed.

I had my best experience with RO this morning, pre-patch, and my worst just now, post-patch.

+1. I played for hours last night with some epic rounds of Ro2. It was so much fun I had a hard time going to bed. After the patch, I'm kind of looking for something else to do. The reason I love Ro is the historical accuracy. I honestly love being forced to play rifleman (my favorite class) and have to work get nicer weapons whether it be a looted mp40, or handgun. Thats part of the realism. Weapons like these were just not available by regular troops, especially in a battle like stalingrad.

I'm hoping TWI just did this so players could try the new weapons. When i logged onto my first post patch game, I clicked on elite rifleman to try the new weapons. Then I was like :eek: where are they, did I not get them?! then I when I saw it was in assault I did another :eek: What were they thinking!?

Upvote 0
I would leave everything the way it is. The Mkb42 is a great all-round firearm but the PPSH is slightly better up close and the rifles are better long range. The same with the MP40, it fits somewhere between the PPSH and the Mkb42 in terms of effective range in game. The Mkb42 also has a lot of kick to it. I personally find it effective only if I do like 3 shot bursts at a distance.

PPSH, MP40, Mkb42, Either sides' rifle. The Germans are really effective in mid to long range situations whereas the Russians are slightly more effective at extremely close and long range distances.

If only it actually worked like this.

Upvote 0
One question I have is, did the Russians not use the Thompson submachine gun "Tommy guns" during the events portrayed in the game? If they did, perhaps they can be added to give the Russians some more close and mid-range firepower.

Well I just read this on Wikipedia:

"In addition, the Soviet Union received M1928A1s, included as standard equipment with the M3 light tanks obtained through Lend-Lease. The weapons were never issued to the Red Army, however, because of a lack of .45 ACP ammunition on the Eastern Front, and were simply put in storage. As of September 2006, limited numbers of these weapons have been re-imported from Russia to the United States as disassembled "spare parts kits", the entire weapon less the receiver (as required by Federal law)."

So I guess the Russians never used them, but I could have sworn that when I read the real account of the Grain Elevator that the Russians used Tommy guns.

http://www.war44.com/showthread.php?t=2057

"Our machine-guns and Tommy-guns continued to fire at the enemy's infantry, preventing them from entering the elevator."

But then again the same person said, "German Tommy gunners appeared from behind the tanks." And the Germans didn't use Thompson submachine guns, it's probably a term used for submachine guns like the PPSH and MP40.

Upvote 0

This is wrong, though. The vast majority of the weapons during the Battle of Stalingrad, and indeed through most of WWII, were bolt action rifles. The rest of these weapons were deployed in mixed numbers, but only late in the war did they start to take up any significant majority.

Bolts are king, and that is one thing that shouldn't change. Now bolts are severely outclassed by the assault rifle, which was -designed- to outclass the bolt. If everyone can get their mitts on them, bolties don't stand a chance. If we go on like this, people are just going to keep joining servers till they can get in one that has an automatic weapon slot open and run around hosing each other with their super-effective weapons.

And the Soviets will never win anything else ever again ever.

Upvote 0
don't give in to nerf the mkb you have shot the weapon and saw what it can do please don't get rid of the realsim for sillly balance:D

Gods no, don't nerf the thing. Restrict it like everyone seemed to be under the impression it would be restricted; a very -very- limited number on each map.

Honestly, I'd much rather they be accessed through field promotions that let you select an alternative 'hero' class. The player with the most team points is selected after the first round or whatever for being such an inspiration to his comrades. He gets access to any weapon from his side he wants (and is capable of unlocking the special weapons through very slow progression, unless you were -constantly- at the top of your team with team points, which DDE purchasers would get from their day 1 unlocks). This way, DDE purchasers are happy as they don't have to grind a difficult class to get the best bits and everyone else is happy as only one of the damned things is likely to show up on any given map, and only after the first round or two.

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0