• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis or Allies?

Axis or Allies?

• Allies

Votes: 234 42.7%
  • Axis

Votes: 314 57.3%

• Total voters
Axis, clearly the better choice.
German Engineering.

I keep hearing this garbage but T-34 was the best tank and germans copied the sloping armor style on Panther, G-41 was garbage and they copied SVT-40 system to make G-43 and germans copied the american bazooka to come up with their panzerschrek.
German engineering. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The Allies dominated in World War 2 for a variety of reasons.

If you study the history it mostly points towards incompetence of the high command, terrible strategy, diplomacy, and then just the aftereffects of the aforementioned.

I find it's actually German tanks that are overrated more than anything else. That and barely anybody mentions Soviet armor which was baws. :IS2:

Reactions: Mittwaffen
Upvote 0
I keep hearing this garbage but T-34 was the best tank and germans copied the sloping armor style on Panther, G-41 was garbage and they copied SVT-40 system to make G-43 and germans copied the american bazooka to come up with their panzerschrek.
German engineering. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

......and the M60 wasn't at all inspired by the MG-42? and the AK wasn't "heavily influenced" by the Stg.44? The precursors to NASA's rockets weren't at all influenced by german V2 tech "acquired" after the war and X-ray technology in modern science never originated in Germany?

dude......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....yourself!

Anyway, enough of this e-peen bs. As stated I support the axis thanks to family history nothing more. Of course if the allied team is shorthanded I will move over. :)

Good day!

Reactions: Mittwaffen
Upvote 0
and the AK wasn't "heavily influenced" by the Stg.44?

"Heavily influenced" in that it was the first mass produced assault rifle which gave Kalashnikov the idea to make his own assault rifle, yes. But they are totally different weapons internally.

Common mistake, but the StG44 and AK-47 have the same relationship that the M1 Thompson and the PPSh do: they're the same class of weapon. That's about it.

Upvote 0
"Heavily influenced" in that it was the first mass produced assault rifle which gave Kalashnikov the idea to make his own assault rifle, yes. But they are totally different weapons internally.

Common mistake, but the StG44 and AK-47 have the same relationship that the M1 Thompson and the PPSh do: they're the same class of weapon. That's about it.
StG44 and AK-47 are vastly different weapons internally, but it was still heavily influenced by the StG44, if not only because Mikhail Kalashnikov himself admitted Hugo Schmeisser, the lead designer of the StG44 weapon, helped build it. He also wasn't the only German weapon designer to be shipped off to Russia after the war either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Chiang kai shek's son.

chiang2rz2.jpg

Can someone explain this to me?

Upvote 0
Sino-German cooperation. Before 1937, Germany and German corporations invested a great deal of money into developing China, and military advisors spent a great deal of time with the armies of the Republic. In fact at the battle of Shanghai, the stiffest resistence to the Japanese came from German-trained and -equipped units. The Republic's pro-West and anti-Communist leanings showed great promise to the Nazi government. It shouldn't come as a surprise that some have called Kai-Shek a fascist.

Chiang Wei-Ko, adopted son of the President, served in the Wehrmacht primarily as a political stunt, but during his service he apparently excelled in alpine ranging, marksmanship, the study of combined-arms military tactics, and even participated in the annexation of Austria. He worked his way up to a commission to Leutnant and was about to take part in the invasion of Poland, but was recalled to China. His career from then on was with Kuomingtang forces until their exile to Taiwan.

Upvote 0