• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats up with M14

I'm sure it was on hard, but 2 shots from the M14 kills a scrake if you headshot it. This was during a test run i did on the M14 to see if it sucks as much as everyone (including me) says it does.

Turns out it can take down scrakes easily, as well as everything else, but it fails against the fleshpounds. This is where your LAR comes in.

I remember on a 6-man suicidal, I can kill fleshpounds before they even rages with M14.

Upvote 0
No way, I don't want the EBR fouling up my Commando weaponry.

But commando class is completely useless compared to sharpshooter, I remember commando being my favorite until M14 came in, never touched it since...you just feel so powerless when there is nothing M14 sharpshooter can't handle.
And you always have dual handcannons as a panic button, I think it is even more effective than AA12.

Upvote 0
It's a shame KF doesn't have any statistics, like accuracy.

You make me laugh when you say that. Take a look at some of the kf source code and see if you change your mind.

Code:
//=============================================================================
 //L85 Fire
//=============================================================================
class BullpupFire extends KFFire;
var float ClickTime;
var vector  KickMomentum;
var bool bZoomed;
// Calculate modifications to spread
simulated function float GetSpread()
{
    local float NewSpread;
    local float AccuracyMod;
    AccuracyMod = 1.0;
    // Spread bonus for firing aiming
    if( KFWeap.bAimingRifle )
    {
        AccuracyMod *= 0.5;
    }
    // Small spread bonus for firing crouched
    if( Instigator != none && Instigator.bIsCrouched )
    {
        AccuracyMod *= 0.85;
    }
    // Small spread bonus for firing in semi auto mode
    if( bWaitForRelease )
    {
        AccuracyMod *= 0.85;
    }

NumShotsInBurst += 1;
 if ( Level.TimeSeconds - LastFireTime > 0.5 )
 {
  NewSpread = Default.Spread;
  NumShotsInBurst=0;
 }
 else
    {
        // Decrease accuracy up to MaxSpread by the number of recent shots up to a max of six
        NewSpread = FMin(Default.Spread + (NumShotsInBurst * (MaxSpread/6.0)),MaxSpread);
    }
    NewSpread *= AccuracyMod;
    return NewSpread;
}
defaultproperties
{

FireRate=0.100000
    RecoilRate=0.07
    maxVerticalRecoilAngle=200
    maxHorizontalRecoilAngle=75
    Spread=0.0085
    SpreadStyle=SS_Random

}

Note: I took out several things from the default properties to shorten my post.

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
But commando class is completely useless compared to sharpshooter, I remember commando being my favorite until M14 came in, never touched it since...you just feel so powerless when there is nothing M14 sharpshooter can't handle.
And you always have dual handcannons as a panic button, I think it is even more effective than AA12.

What does that have to do with not wanting the EBR given to Commando? If its truckloads of ammo was reduced it'd be fine. Commando doesn't need any more weapons.

I wouldn't say Commando is useless compared to Sharpshooter, just that a Sharpshooter spamming the EBR completely intrudes on the role of pretty much every other class.

Upvote 0
And, I don't think I remember correctly, but didn't they buff the Xbow to 1 shot kill to Scrakes/FP's in response to M14 spam?

You don't. They sorted out hitboxes (Scrakes could always be 1 hit killed) and i think gave seperate (and lower) hp to specimens heads which in turn made them easier to kill with the Xbow. This was all done before/along side the Level Up update that brought us the M14.

Upvote 0
and i think gave seperate (and lower) hp to specimens heads which in turn made them easier to kill with the Xbow. This was all done before/along side the Level Up update that brought us the M14.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the separate head and body HP was there since release. I once tried to prove it on the forum back in the days by showing how clots die instantly from 1 bullpup bullet to the head on normal but bleed out on hard and above, thus demostrating that head HP and body HP must be separate and scaled by different amount, but no one would believe me back then.

Upvote 0
Nah, I'm pretty sure the separate head and body HP was there since release. I once tried to prove it on the forum back in the days by showing how clots die instantly from 1 bullpup bullet to the head on normal but bleed out on hard and above, thus demostrating that head HP and body HP must be separate and scaled by different amount, but no one would believe me back then.

Fair point, either way the FP became considerably weaker. Didn't it take 3 headshots with the Xbow to kill it on 6man Suicidal? Now it takes 1 at lvl6 (1 and a little bit at lvl5) and non-SS can kill Scrakes in 1 shot upto 5man Suicidal.

Upvote 0
Nah FP is much stronger now. Back in the days you use to be able to kite it all day, or alternatively kill it with a clean 1-hit decapitation

FP is much stronger? The ability to kite it applied to every specimen as that's how they all behaved, not just the FP. The one-hit decap was a lot more risky than one-shotting it with the Xbow from across the map.

Upvote 0
What I remember is that the hit box of both scrakes and fps was not at their head. I "headshot" them to death but their head will not comes off. And sometimes I was able to one-shot fps using sharpshooter with his heads pops off when I clearly miss the head. Same thing happens to scrakes.

So what I guess is scrakes and fps are the same as they were. However the hitbox of them at older versions is bugged. So if you headshot them, the damage only do to their total health only, not head health. So you need 3-4 headshot to kill a fp. But if you hit the "real" head hitbox of them, you can still one-shot them.

Well, but we should not think too much about the old days zeds:p We want kf to keep on improving, and I think nobody want the old settings back.

Upvote 0
Fair point, either way the FP became considerably weaker. Didn't it take 3 headshots with the Xbow to kill it on 6man Suicidal? Now it takes 1 at lvl6 (1 and a little bit at lvl5) and non-SS can kill Scrakes in 1 shot upto 5man Suicidal.

Only medics and berserkers do this, and one of them actually couldn't kill them any other way.

People hate the M14 because it's too useful in a coop game, then again, people are whining about xbow being too powerful, dualies being too powerful, 9mm making SS too easy to level. There are people who think the only class that should be even decent is support. The only reason you don't see commando rambos is because most people don't have the patience to level commando to the point where the SCAR is viable. No one wants anything to be useful.

Upvote 0
I'm sure it was on hard, but 2 shots from the M14 kills a scrake if you headshot it. This was during a test run i did on the M14 to see if it sucks as much as everyone (including me) says it does.

Turns out it can take down scrakes easily, as well as everything else, but it fails against the fleshpounds. This is where your LAR comes in.

Actually, it doesn't fail against FPs...they fall quite easily to the M14 as well...it's actually easier, because when they rage they give you a NICE long few seconds to pump 6-8 bullets into their headshot hitbox. On 6-man Suicidal Long, it takes about 10 M14 headshots to take down a FP.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that it seems some headshots do more dmg than others? Like, you know the sound that's made when you score a headshot on a scrake (sounds like a watermelon being hit with a sledge). Well I've had times in the same game where a Scrake will take 5 headshots, and other times take 8...all of the shots hitting the headshot hitbox of course...anyone else ever experience this?

P.S. It's 2-3 headshots on Normal 3-4 on Hard for Scrakes. 4-5 on Suicidal.

Upvote 0
Only medics and berserkers do this, and one of them actually couldn't kill them any other way.

People hate the M14 because it's too useful in a coop game, then again, people are whining about xbow being too powerful, dualies being too powerful, 9mm making SS too easy to level. There are people who think the only class that should be even decent is support. The only reason you don't see commando rambos is because most people don't have the patience to level commando to the point where the SCAR is viable. No one wants anything to be useful.

Clearly you use the EBR. As far as I know no one has said anything about the Deagles being too powerful nor has much been said about the 9mm making levelling too easy since the specimen-only mutators were de-whitelisted.

You don't see Commando rambos because Commandos can't rambo, at least not in Suicidal. A Sharpshooter with the EBR can handle any specimen in the game with ease, including Fleshpounds. A Commando with AK+SCAR can't solo Fleshpounds in Suicidal and probably not even 6-man hard.

People don't hate the EBR because it's "too useful"; they hate it because it has broken the game and encroached on nearly every other class's role.

Upvote 0

Well I wouldnt go that far, if you compare AA12 its definately much stronger crowd control weapon than the handcannons are.

Well that can easily be figured out by simply firing the weapon.

He wants a statistic board which displays your overall accuracy during the game. Eg. 34% acc after playing 6 waves, meaning he hit only 34% of the bullets fired in a target.

So, he isnt talking about recoild/spread or what ever you thought he was talking about.

Get it now ;)?

Or maybe Im just as confused as everyone else?

Upvote 0