• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
LOL @ the "AK-47 is a StG44 copy" talk. I CRINGE every time I see people say that. It comes from a place of complete ignorance. The StG44 and AK-47 have as much in common as the M16 and the AK-47. They're gas operated. They have banana clips. That goes for most assault rifles.

and epicLOL @ the "german engineered AK-47" conspiracy theory. Please...

Upvote 0
Try it again using a factory pistol with fixed iron sights.

I'm using a stock military surplus Hi-Power @ 100 yards. No modifications. My friend uses a stock CZ-75. Hickok does it @ 230 yards with a stock Glock 27.

At the range lol
Best I remeber in ww2 the germans or russians didn't use match grade guns .I own a p38 and at 25 yds it keeps about a 2 to 3 inch pattern no matter who shots it.At 50 rds your lucky to hit the target.The mp40 in this video notice the spread at 25 yards.Im talking in game guns and the small calibers just wasn't accurate at 100 yards at all.

Match grade? It's the shooter, not the gun. All of those snipers in WWII weren't given accurized match guns. The Russians and Germans grabbed a bunch of rifles, shot them all, and picked the best one and slapped a scope on it. The Americans didn't even pick the best of the lot; they just grabbed rifles off the line and mounted scopes. Those amazing feats of marksmanship were due to the men behind the guns, not the guns themselves. When you become experienced with firearms, you'll find out that in most cases, the gun is more accurate than the shooter. Practice more and you'll see.

2-3" groups @ 25 yds is mechanically accurate enough to hit a man-sized target @ 100 yards. At longer distances, user error is magnified. What threw you off .5" at 25 yards might turn into a few inches at 100 yards. Fundamentals just become more important at longer distances. Sight picture, grip, and trigger control. Work on that and you'll hit targets @ 100 yards in no time.

Upvote 0
At the range lol
Best I remeber in ww2 the germans or russians didn't use match grade guns .I own a p38 and at 25 yds it keeps about a 2 to 3 inch pattern no matter who shots it.At 50 rds your lucky to hit the target.The mp40 in this video notice the spread at 25 yards.Im talking in game guns and the small calibers just wasn't accurate at 100 yards at all.

Anyone that's ever shot an older 9mm pistol from a weaver stance (or even knows what a weaver stance is lol) will know that hiting the target at 50yds is hard to do consistently. Even with modern pistols with iron "fixed stock" sights its difficult.You cant even compare range shooting with match guns to ww2 battlefield conditions.

I don't think people are arguing 1moa accuracy out of an Mp40, that's just insane. What people are trying to get across, I assume, is that the weapons can reach out to those distances. Even in game, when I snipe someone with the Mp40, I'm halfway through a mag by the time one of my burst land a hit.

I think a lot of individuals are under the illusion that the enemy is catching them with the first round fired. It's quantity over quality, but the range is still there. The rounds can reach out and touch you.

-Paas

Upvote 0
I don't think people are arguing 1moa accuracy out of an Mp40, that's just insane. What people are trying to get across, I assume, is that the weapons can reach out to those distances. Even in game, when I snipe someone with the Mp40, I'm halfway through a mag by the time one of my burst land a hit.

I think a lot of individuals are under the illusion that the enemy is catching them with the first round fired. It's quantity over quality, but the range is still there. The rounds can reach out and touch you.

-Paas

Exactly. I've made several kills with the PPSh beyond 50 yards, but only after emptying the magazine at the target. One of those bullets is bound to get lucky.

It's also worth mentioning that I empty ~3 clips for every 1 kill I make with the PPSh outside of an indoor environment. Shooting at targets from any distance outside of tight quarters relies a lot more on luck and volume of fire than any sort of accuracy.

Upvote 0

-Paas

Agree 100% which is why I love RO so much unlike cod or bf3 where can snipe with a mp5(9mm) at 300 rds with pinpoint accuracy.I just responded to the guy showing a match grade (9mm) rifle hitting long range targets at the range.Heck a .22 is deadly up to a mile it says on the box of ammo lol

Upvote 0
Agree 100% which is why I love RO so much unlike cod or bf3 where can snipe with a mp5(9mm) at 300 rds with pinpoint accuracy.I just responded to the guy showing a match grade (9mm) rifle hitting long range targets at the range.Heck a .22 is deadly up to a mile it says on the box of ammo lol

If you think WWII quality guns can't make long shots, I can link you some videos of people making 1000 yard shots with stock WWII rifles. For some reason, you think old guns are horribly inaccurate. Sounds to me like an excuse for poor marksmanship.

Upvote 0
Bullet speed alone doesnt make better guns, engineering and how its put together has more of a say in the end.

German Engineering > Russian
Take away the T34 and that is it; but look at the bigger picture.

Russias best know invention? AK47

AK-47 is based of the STG-44; copied the German design.
(I think they even used the same engineer in making the AK-47, got captured)

USA Apollo Rockets...a German rocket program, not american. Germans got an
American to the moon; project paperclip just let them work in the USA doing the
same work as they did back home.

Modern world was basically created by Germany and their WWII Engineering; look at the crazy infrared they used against the Russians in WWII (Moon-vision).

vampyr.jpg

"Even had this on their Panzers"

I dont see ANY problem with the MP40 being a better gun with the PPSH.
Oooh, night vision, I mean its not like the Allies had their OWN versions, right?
Ppsh-ir.jpg

nightt3m2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As far as mechanically speaking the ak only had gas operation in common with the stg.The rotating bolt of the ak made it a much different weapon.Still all assault rifles can trace their heritage back to the stg since it was the first one made.The ak was by no means a direct copy of the stg it just took the idea a bit further .

That's like comparing the beatles to Led zeppelin:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Russians copied a lot of things from the jerries. For example, the dovetail, siderail mount for scopes in Warsaw pact weapons is copied form the rails in the G43 and the STG-44, the only difference is that the german rail is on the right side of the receiver whereas the russian one is on the left side, but the basic principle is the same.

I hardly conside the Fedorov Avtomat a truly assault rifle, but more like a automatic carbine, because the 6.5x50mm SR cartridge is too powerful (and too long) to be considered a proper assault rifle, medium powered round. But yeah, it was a start.
The Mkb 42 is the first practical and modern assault rifle ever, it has all the characteristics present in present day ARs.

Regarding SMGs, they are accurate, Simo H

Upvote 0
They have banana clips. That goes for most assault rifles.

And I cringe whenever I see people refer to box magazines as clips. When they're two entirely different things.

slightly related:

will we be able to get drum mags for the ppsh? It looks retarded otherwise...

If you pay attention to the screenshots they use during map loading, you'd see drum mags. Most likely gonna be a veterancy upgrade you have to earn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0