• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How long till we can play full game

Well apparently the countdown has gone from 1 hour to 3 hours again. Why do they bother posting a countdown if it keeps being increased by 2 hours every time it gets down to 1 hour. I figured that it would be delayed slightly like most games on steam, but it's been delayed 3 ****ing times. WTF is going on.

It is my understanding that TWI hadn't gotten the game to a releasable state/ran into game breaking bugs/wanted yet more polish and updated their build on the steam delivery servers right before release. Which made all the pre-loads screw up and and now the steam content servers are validating the dispersed data over their network. Once validating is done (takes about a day apparently) it can be released.

The steam release timer is made for the exact time of release for items that have been preset for release. RO2 however, working with a different mindset and no deadline for the release date, screwed up and the timer gets set according to the steam admin's info from TWI. And TWI doesn't even know when it's ready it seems, so the timer bounces around.

Upvote 0
Everyone complaining in here is freaking insane, its a game delay people. I'm sure the majority of you have homework you need to be doing right now instead of playing video games, why not just pick up another game you have and play that? Watch some television? Study? Talk to the outside world for once? Instead of having your lives crushed because a game hasn't been released on time. These people bust their asses to bring you a quality product and all you do is whine and complain about every little thing.

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
It is my understanding that TWI hadn't gotten the game to a releasable state/ran into game breaking bugs/wanted yet more polish and updated their build on the steam delivery servers right before release. Which made all the pre-loads screw up and and now the steam content servers are validating the dispersed data over their network. Once validating is done (takes about a day apparently) it can be released.

The steam release timer is made for the exact time of release for items that have been preset for release. RO2 however, working with a different mindset and no deadline for the release date, screwed up and the timer gets set according to the steam admin's info from TWI. And TWI doesn't even know when it's ready it seems, so the timer bounces around.

So when I stop my preload of the old version the game will unlock and be playable?
(Oh my god why do feel like typing silly questions today?)

Upvote 0
Everyone complaining in here is freaking insane, its a game delay people. I'm sure the majority of you have homework you need to be doing right now instead of playing video games, why not just pick up another game you have and play that? Watch some television? Study? Talk to the outside world for once? Instead of having your lives crushed because a game hasn't been released on time. These people bust their asses to bring you a quality product and all you do is whine and complain about every little thing.

My homework is done (My children are all sleeping) and I don't have a TV what I'm supposed to do?

Upvote 0