• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning: You are in a protected area.

Was the lockdown removed from latest patch? I was playing comissaars house (or was it? i was drunk so cant remeber) and axis got only 1 capzone left the tall rubble building and we couldnt capture it because the game killed us any1 we went in the building. I remember in previous patch lockdown took care of this issue. Now the german team just sits in the last building knowing no one cant come there

Upvote 0
I know on commisar's house there is one objective that the germans defend where this is an issue. There is a wall out in front of the objective I would say maybe 40-50 feet away. I pushed up to get to that wall, and I was set to shoot russians in the back as they ran to the next objective when I got instagibbed with no warning for being in a protected area.

I'm positive their spawn was about 200m back from where I was and yet it still killed me.

Upvote 0
Was the lockdown removed from latest patch? I was playing comissaars house (or was it? i was drunk so cant remeber) and axis got only 1 capzone left the tall rubble building and we couldnt capture it because the game killed us any1 we went in the building. I remember in previous patch lockdown took care of this issue. Now the german team just sits in the last building knowing no one cant come there

Drunk gaming is the best of fun! lol
Its hard to tell sometimes best to use the tactical button and see where the new zones are ....The general rule is if a bunch of enemy is in a irrelevant building if at all possible just ignore them.They are not helping defend the next zone ... making your attack easier or their not attacking the nxt zone making your defense easier.

Upvote 0
Besides the main spawn area the reason you guys are running into protected zones is because. When you fail for protect the capzone and the enemy captures it.Their spawn is moved to the new zone when you loose a cap its a good idea to move to the next zone and protect it if not your camping the enemy spawn.

If you guys wouldn't ignore the capzones and play territory the way its designed to be played you wouldn't be running into these zones.On the other hand if you just want to roam the map and go wherever plz try firefight its just a death match and has no capzones.

Way to be presumptuous. :rolleyes: There are occasions where you can be taking a forward capzone, only for one or two enemy soldiers to slip through the line and recapture a previous capzone, and then the minefield springs up and annihilates everybody who was - as you wrote - playing Territory as it's meant to be played and focusing on pushing the offensive and capturing vital areas instead of hanging back and camping ineffectually in irrelevant locations.

This problem was present in Ostfront maps, and should be avoided here. There's nothing more annoying than having a strong assault completely destroyed by magical mines, and worse so if it's because a lone soldier slipped past the lines while everyone was focused on driving out the defenders and recaptured a previous cap.

Upvote 0
Way to be presumptuous. :rolleyes: There are occasions where you can be taking a forward capzone, only for one or two enemy soldiers to slip through the line and recapture a previous capzone, and then the minefield springs up and annihilates everybody who was - as you wrote - playing Territory as it's meant to be played and focusing on pushing the offensive and capturing vital areas instead of hanging back and camping ineffectually in irrelevant locations.

This problem was present in Ostfront maps, and should be avoided here. There's nothing more annoying than having a strong assault completely destroyed by magical mines, and worse so if it's because a lone soldier slipped past the lines while everyone was focused on driving out the defenders and recaptured a previous cap.

I agree their is sometimes its unavoidable but its rare and better than the alternative getting freely spawn camped.And I was being presumptuous because its like 75% of the players on the public servers ignores the territory their suppose to defend or attack. I understand alot of new guy's don't have years of experience in RO1 to fall back on.

Im trying to help them while I can be blunt at times Im really being as gentle as possible lol.Many ro1 vets is not that kind after years of screaming in the caps people!

Upvote 0
Drunk gaming is the best of fun! lol
Its hard to tell sometimes best to use the tactical button and see where the new zones are ....The general rule is if a bunch of enemy is in a irrelevant building if at all possible just ignore them.They are not helping defend the next zone ... making your attack easier or their not attacking the nxt zone making your defense easier.

Yes I know, but im talking about enemy camping in the last capzone, wich is building, wich we cant take bevcause its they

Upvote 0
I think it's implemented absolutely horrible. It has so many obvious flaws that I'm amazed the devs didn't rage on themselves for adding it.

To fix this horrible mess of a spawn protection:
-Display the area on the minimap, and display the area that will turn into a spawn protected area more clearly.
-When a point is captured by the enemy and you suddenly find yourself into a spawn protected area, give the person a chance to return with clear directions where he needs to go.
-I've been killed so many times because I apparantly didn't get to read the message on time. If I'm not even granted the time to read it then how am I supposed to get out? This indicates to me that on many places the timer is way way too short.
-Display a timer next to the message, the advantages of doing this far outweigh the disadvantages.
-Tactical view could show you the borders very very unobtrusively, such as a barely visible line(this one is prone to user preference, so feel free to comment)

It would atleast fix the poor situational awareness this game has going.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What ought to be done is, upon the recap of an objective which would put you in a newly protected area, is first display a warning to the effect of " Warning ! Get your butt back to your lines!" and then delay the minefield for 10, 15, 30, however many seconds so you can run back to your lines. After this initial grace period is over, it reverts to the normal protected area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't mind the "You walked all the way around to shoot them in their spawn and got WARNING: Protected Area DIE!"

What really Irks me is when I take a forward position in Territory and am fighting intensely with enemy units and then suddenly they take an Objective that my team couldn't hold and Suddenly I cease to exist. That really annoys me. There I am duking it out with some enemies and out of no where I'm suddenly too far forward.

It's like I advanced so far that Stalin thought I was behind and thinks I am disobeying Order 227

This is the one that drives me nuts, too. How the heck are you supposed to know it's just become a spawn area? Instantaneous death? How hard can it be to have the other team see a slight red shading, a border, anything, or at least 3-5 seconds to haul tookus out've there?

The worst part of it is that some maps practically invite spawn camping because the enemy occupies high ground with a clear view of your spawn within reasonable range, and too many lunkheads are more than happy to accept the invitation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I think the delay should be few seconds(2-5) longer. At 1st time when I was playing barracks and I wasn't familiar with the map yet I once went inside a house through a window and suddenly "You are in a protected area" pops in. I make 180 degree and pressed space, but I died before I was able to get out through the window...

Upvote 0
It's pretty bad in certain places. Pavlov's house insta-kills you for daring to step across the unmarked "protected area" line. Grain Elevator does it whenever the spawns move. Doesn't sound like such a big deal, except that you can be recapping a zone and the enemy takes the next point while you're doing it. You get insta-fragged because the previously active cap point just became a spawn point.

Upvote 0
You mean when you go out of bounds or when the boundaries fall back to a point?

I actually died to this on Barracks when just a few moments earlier it was a perfectly fine location to be. I was sniping away, then Axis took one of the bases and I died right after to the "protected area" deal. Was no warning or anything I just ended up dead, as if I had gone out of bounds.

It was in a normal section of the map close to one of the capture points.

Upvote 0
It's pretty bad in certain places. Pavlov's house insta-kills you for daring to step across the unmarked "protected area" line. Grain Elevator does it whenever the spawns move. Doesn't sound like such a big deal, except that you can be recapping a zone and the enemy takes the next point while you're doing it. You get insta-fragged because the previously active cap point just became a spawn point.
Yes this happens to me a lot. I try to cap back a point, the enemy takes the next, i die instantly.

This 'Warning Protected area" thing has been broken/bad/silly since RO1's "Warning Minefield".

In Ro1 i was holding position for allies in SmolenskStalemate, my position was on the top floor of the farmhouse. Axis manage to cap the next point and suddenly the attic is a minefield and i die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0