• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 Scoped

Turbolover

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
Disclaiming: This is not a ranting thread

So any of you actually used the Scoped version of the G41 yet? The gun is a joke! In a good sense! The scope is so ... unusual, it makes it lots of fun to use it (and practice with it!). Every time I made a most doubtful kill at 170m, I silently cheered, weee gotcha! Found you in my little wee scope :D Awesome stuff.
Is this the same type of scope the Mbk would unlock?

If you havn't tried the scoped G41 yet, go do so ;)

Hah! I raised the same question/concern back prior to the beta release when there was nothing better to do than discuss the material in the official trailers.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=56841[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=56841[/URL] (not that anyone cares now)

To TWI's credit, they accurately modeled the whole forward mounted scope setup (in some circles called a "scout" optic)

It's not even popular among civilian game hunters due to the very limited field of view and low magnification.

Upvote 0
Hah! I raised the same question/concern back prior to the beta release when there was nothing better to do than discuss the material in the official trailers.

To TWI's credit, they accurately modeled the whole forward mounted scope setup (in some circles called a "scout" optic)

It's not even popular among civilian game hunters due to the very limited field of view and low magnification.

Yeah, but to the people saying "It's accurate, so don't complain..." I am not at all convinced that the aligning your weapon would be an issue. Aiming in real life isn't like aiming in the game - you look through the sight not at it.

Having never used it myself I can't say for sure, but I definitely have my doubts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This gun's scope has a major problem - the sight picture is that of the center of the screen while the sight itself is resting well above it.

Basically this is impossible since it insinuates that the picture is somehow being mirrored from another location.

If the sight was resting properly in the center of the screen, or showed picture directly ahead of it, then it would atleast work properly.

Currently at the moment I always have to zoom in, and then move my scope up a considerable degree before I can even see my target, which is extremely disorienting. No other sight needs this to be done, since when you aim down them they are all proplerly centered in the middle of the screen.

Upvote 0
Try aiming the general direction with ironsights and switch to the scope for maximum effectiveness! (It saves your spot and zooms with the scope.)

Yup, kept my finger above the '6' button lol.
It's not a practical gun at all. In fact, it's quite terrible haha. But that doesn't stop me from (attempt on) having fun with it. Gives a nice challenge and change :D

Upvote 0
Of course, play Elite Rifleman, and you get the normal G41. Scoped version is just an extra gun for the Marksman class. (Still got the option for the Kar, fear not)

Oh wait, thats what the sniper gets?

I was under the impression you unlocked that for the normal G41 lol

Because it doesnt look like anything like an actual sniper scope

Upvote 0
I'm liking it; reminds me of using a twin lens reflex camera for the first time. Your brain fights against it at first, but eventually retrains itself so that using it becomes instinctual.

I find it's best to start with the gun in hip-fire position slightly above the target you want to acquire. Scope in, then drag the sight down onto the target and end the movement with the shot. Just like quick-scoping in COD (I'm not trying to be funny here).

I like the extra peripheral vision it gives you, and you start to do much better with it as you stop thinking and just let muscle memory kick in.

The lens distortion is really modelled very nicely. I'm starting to think this will actually be nice to have on top of an MKB rifle; particularly if noone else likes it (because it takes a bit of work).

As Graphic says, I find it a bit odd that this is a marksman class weapon. My reasoning is that someone who wants to be a sniper won't choose it, so you're fighting over the slot with someone who's playing with very different modus operandi from you. If the scope was an unlock for the G41 rifleman, it's not as if many people would choose it, and I feel you're engaging from similar (well, ish) distances to the G41 rifleman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hektor88
Upvote 0