• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Crash on startup after latest update

Honestly I'm surprised that Tripwire is even giving us patches. Everyone is being so unappreciative, if I was Trip, I would just say screw it and make you play the game as is.

Every major game developer ships a game and patches it maybe once or a twice, after that, it's up to you to deal with it.

How's about you stop taking everything for granted and appreciate the fact they are avidly patching and fixing things that need to be fixed and stop *****ing about every little detail?

Or you could just stop playing altogether, I'm sure the Call of Duty fanboys would love to have ya. I sure as hell don't.

What the hell are you on about?

90% of people support TW over and beyond what they need to.

We have paid for a game which we love which is faulty - yes, thats fine, happens all the time.

How can you expect people to be fine with a game which isnt working AT ALL which they have paid for?

And for the record, company's dont just say "deal with it". Wake up please.

Upvote 0
Just tried loading the game with the new patch to no avail. It still crashes when trying to load any multiplayer map. And to all the people defending Tripwire...just look at this. Look at how many people can't even launch the game, let alone run it with acceptable framerates. No matter how you look at this situation, it was a botched release, and no one is to blame but Tripwire. They claim the game was in development for 5 years, yet it doesn't show at all. 10 maps, a half-assed campaign, and a multiplayer component that doesn't even work anymore. Some game I got suckered into buying...

Upvote 0
Let that be a leason to you kids. Only get your hash from reliable partners :D

On the serious side, TWI is aware of the issue. Give them a chance to fix it. Re-posting over and over again the same old, same old wont change anything.

If you've got a good joke though ... :rolleyes:

i hope you are fu**ing kidding now. so many ppl have been waiting for this game for "ages", many of them bought it before the official release to have an access to beta mp...we paid for it. i didnt download illegal copy from torrent..tripwire doesnt work for free. it's obvious...i fully understand this, that's why i bought legal copy...but as a customer i have some rights...i cant use the product i paid for..it's useless for me dont you think? i reposting when i got something new(new behaviour, new patch, new dump or wtever)...do you know why? to help them to fix the issue asap..stop ****ting with pathetic sentences like " let the be a lesson to you kids"..

it's quite simple...we paid for it so we want to use it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i used this and it's working fine now..i mean..the game starts...will see the rest
==========================================

Step 1: Open the old INI directory [Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3] and delete the ROGame folder

Step 2: Open the [Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config] folder, and delete those files as well

Step 3: Open [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\ROG ame\Config] and delete those files.

Go back into Steam, right click on the Red Orchestra 2 beta game and Verify the game cache. Steam will then download a few new files.

Voila! The game should now launch.

Upvote 0