• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

Lol, you cant compare TF2 to RO2. TF2 has genius balancing, and everything has sort of a "counter", be it tactic, weapon or class.
While RO has realistic weapons (in terms of damage etc), which are "unbalanced" as they should be, in unrealistic amounts w/ even more unbalancing unlocks or downgrades, depends the weapon and how you look at it ---> sillybalance and Mkb > All.

Only "strategy" I recommend is stop playing until, like you wrote, they fix the numbers.

Very true. Unfortunate, but true.

Upvote 0
My idea: Add another class - Elite Assault (with mkb/avt) limited to 1-2 players per team.

I cannot remember his name, but some user had the idea of only making the mbk42 available to those in the Elite Assault class, and then you could only get it after you got a field commission or whatever it is called.

I like this idea. That way you have to prove yourself before you get it.

No can do...... those weapons were paid for unlocks.

They are still unlocked? The DDE said nothing about class restrictions.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have the digital deluxe edition and I think this is ridiculous.

People will say "hurr durp war isn't fair, it's realisitic." Yeah? Is it realistic for half the Axis team to carry a prototype weapon. It really is crazy, I have no problems about the gun itself but it should be limited to 1-2 players on a team MAX.

Upvote 0
No "elite assault".

Hero class tied to honor and in-game performance.

Only one per team.

Period.

People who didn't buy the DDE still have to unlock the MKB and the other one through stat grinding of other classes. Once you hit max-level assault, for example, you can use the MKB -as the hero only-. Once you hit max level MG-er, you can use the MG32 with saddle mags -as the hero only-.

This way, you get a heroic player who represents a hero of a certain skill set. Heroic machine gunner, or a heroic marksman, or a heroic squadleader, or a heroic assault trooper. This way, the hero has flexibility and some nifty perks and can still play the way he wants to play.

Upvote 0
No "elite assault".

Only one per team.

Period.

People who didn't buy the DDE still have to unlock the MKB and the other one through stat grinding of other classes. Once you hit max-level assault, for example, you can use the MKB -as the hero only-. Once you hit max level MG-er, you can use the MG32 with saddle mags -as the hero only-.

This way, you get a heroic player who represents a hero of a certain skill set. Heroic machine gunner, or a heroic marksman, or a heroic squadleader, or a heroic assault trooper. This way, the hero has flexibility and some nifty perks and can still play the way he wants to play.

I'd like it how you described it.

I actually really thought this was how it was going to work. It was the prevailing opinion on the forums, and TWI has never denied it.

Upvote 0
Rip mp-40

Rip mp-40

The MP-40 is dead and the Supernazis are taking control of RO2! Mkb is way too common and way overpowered in the game (I only play realism servers and only TE and haven't tested the AVT). Even the MG feels useless now as I can supress if I want but be accurate as well with the Mkb. It is being taken by everyone who can have one and since it is so common everyone seems to pick it up and why not? It is superior to all other weapons and maybe it should be but on some maps with 6 assault slots and 4-6 squad leaders it feels like the prototype testing branch of the Waffen SS is going into battle and not the Wehrmacht.
There could be some maps staging such battles but for the retail maps with the historic background it ruins the game completely. Now Rambo moments are not rare anymore like Ramm stated once.

I was not complaining about the bugs as I am sure they will fix them but this needs adjusting as a server option at least or realism mode changes.

It seriously compromises not only gameplay but the nature of RO as a whole.

Another possibility might be to give only one of these weapons to the commander or intruduce a Elite Assault class.
Either way the current settings do make it feel like some other big name title "Chaos Rambo Invincible Uebermensch Supersoviet" kind of gameplay not to mention any names.
I agree that the bolt-action rifle should be the most common weapon (meaning about 3/4 of the arsenal) at least on realism servers.

It does break the camping habit a bit but I just played on TE-Station and as the German team there were 4-5 of us with assault rifles taking everything apart. Close- and and long-range. As fun as it sounds but it drastically changed gameplay ad absurdum!

@OP I bought the Deluxe and I hate the presence of the common assault rifle in RO2, save that for Korea or Vietnam scenario.

I wish I could downgrade my game to standard but wait, everyone can have them. "NUTS!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No "elite assault".

Only one per team.

Period.

This.
Only i wouldnt mind an Elite Assault class, but i'd much rather see that slot open only to someone with Hero status.
I would like the same thing for Elite Rifleman tbh, previous to this patch there were a LOT of semi-auto's too, not just 1 or 2 either as multiple classes could select it.
This game drastically needs to shift back on weapon numbers and make the primary available weapon the bolt action rifle, but i guess it wont as many people new to RO1 complained about not being able to select anything else...

Upvote 0
Hey, don't downplay the babushka's with the pitchforks. They'll take on your panzer, no worries.
russian-villagers.jpg

"Poot down your seekle, you fool! Half of dem have Mkb42's!"

Upvote 0
The people moaning about it are probably just the cheapskates who didn't want to buy the DDE and are annoyed that the real fans got a decent weapon without level grinding.

I bought DDE and haven't even tried a gun. I don't moan either, but have to admit that it is a way too common around. I'm sure TWI will make some fine tuning here, so don't worry. If your biggest problem is level grinding, then you ain't a real fan, go play cod mate
smoker.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0