• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To save dissappointment & ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. If you are that uncertain about being able to reach a deadline, why bother spouting dates anyway? It always backfires, and certainly when you can't be sure if you will make your deadline. Fans as well as devs need to stop trying to predict what happens in the course of long time periods, especially if the process is that variable.
A double edged sword, that. Give no projection and they get accused of ignoring their customer base and withholding information. Try and give a projection and be accused of lying if the target is missed.

They're in a no win situation, if you ask me. Personally, Id rather they announce the projection, but I'm the kind of guy who understands the difference between a projection and a promise.

Upvote 0
A double edged sword, that. Give no projection and they get accused of ignoring their customer base and withholding information. Try and give a projection and be accused of lying if the target is missed.

They're in a no win situation, if you ask me. Personally, Id rather they announce the projection, but I'm the kind of guy who understands the difference between a projection and a promise.

Okay you are right.

I still remember the good old days when I bought games physically and just went to the store to randomly pick something up, never paying attention to upcoming games. Maybe a commercial when something was already released.
Nowadays they keep you so pumped for upcoming releases.

Upvote 0
Nowadays they keep you so pumped for upcoming releases.
Indeed. If one were to look objectively at the situation, he would have to admit that some of this no win predicament is the fault of the increase in marketing that games have seen over the last several years. It's great to get your potential customer base excited about your product, but doing so can lead to exactly the situation I described. Gotta take the good with the bad, though.

Upvote 0
Maybe the Devs could have perhaps said "Somewhere between August the 30th and September the ??" - that way, they'd have had a week in which to aim their release, but of course on the other hand, a week of wild speculation and rage from the fan base.

I'm disapointed that it's quite obviously behind schedule again, considering what I've seen of the Beta footage looks completely playable and ready for testing by the masses. But I do understand that quite obviously they need to make a few more tweaks here and there before they're happy for the mass public to come in.

Still coming back to these forums every hour, on the hour, for any news :D

Upvote 0
I disagree. If you are that uncertain about being able to reach a deadline, why bother spouting dates anyway? It always backfires, and certainly when you can't be sure if you will make your deadline. Fans as well as devs need to stop trying to predict what happens in the course of long time periods, especially if the process is that variable.

The reason for the TARGET date was to keep the information coming, there were way to many posts of people screaming about no information. I believe that most of those posts were either removed or have become such a memory that they moved down in the posts.

There were too many predictions and disappointment when they were wrong, everyone was complaining that TWI was not giving information, yet the community is now acting immature about them giving a target date.

Upvote 0
But hes knda right also Alan told TB stuff about the Beta release wich was worthless so unless it is an official TWI Statement its just an rumor

No he's not even remotely right, this logic is flawed.
It's like if I said if TWI is the source, it's not official because they also said release date would be 30th august.

Reactions: Srinidhalaya
Upvote 0
betaaaa

betaaaa

Devs said that it would be announced 1 day before beta is up

The Devs have said a lot of things. By now you should know to take that with a grain of salt.

Also I'm not bashing, but it's true. Secondly, I've been checking back here since mid August waiting for the Beta to drop... this reminds me of Paranormal Activity when I was grasping to the couch waiting for something to happen. It eventually did and I was thoroughly entertained; my two cents.

Upvote 0
Probably Easterd standard time as TW is in Roswell, GA. But I must of missed that bit about them posting beta announcement at noon one day prior. Where is that post at?
was in the older thread with people QQing about 23rd beta date there was a link to some TW guy saying they would announce 24hours before not sure tho but thats what most go by i guess

Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
You conveniently forgot that part.

And what about this

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
And what about this

Spoiler!

Setting a goal to meet doesn't guarantee they'll make it.

Upvote 0
And what about this

Spoiler!

Checkmate.
Even though it would mean we should have had the beta by today at the very least.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.