• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Sound gone when joining to server

Several of the guys in my clan have this issue. They will be fine one map and then after it changes to the nextmap they loose sound. I know one has a sound card (I believe soundblaster).

I have Realtek onboard sound and I had an issue previously (where my sound would go out in Teamspeak while I was playing the game). I made a change that was recommended in the forums and that seemed to help until the last 2 patches. I get a loud clicking noise and then my sound goes out. Like others, I get out of game and reenter and have sound again. We do use teamspeak.

Win7 64
Geforce GTX 460SE
MSI 890FXA (GD65)
8 mb DDR3 ram
AMD Phenom II black edition 3.2 ghz 8 mb cache

Upvote 0
This started happening with me aswell, after the last patch. I first noticed it when I was alt+tab'ing a lot to talk to a friend on MSN. And then it started happening sometimes when joining a server, or later when the server changed maps.

Windows 7 64Bit
Integrated soundcard AMD High Definition Audio Device.

Upvote 0
Well it doesnt appear that Teamspeak has anything to do with it as I was just playing and not on teamspeak and once the map ended I heard a loud pop and had no sound when the next map came up.....On Friday after the patch I heard a softer pop but still had sound once the nextmap started....after the patch yesterday I had a louder pop and no sound.

Upvote 0