• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So I am actually able to play with high fps but...

asphantix

Sep 15, 2011
I changed my settings to medium for the first time. I was just too bloody-minded all the time to set my details down. The first time I played RO2 after release I set all to ultra just because I play every other game with max settings. It ran really awful and I stuck with "high" as it makes the game somewhat playable for me. But after some playtime it got unplayable so I assume a memory leak somewhere.

Now I am playing with medium settings and I don't have any perfomance problems - but it just looks so bad.

Well yeah, you devs said we couldn't compare RO2 with any other game but I remain comparing RO2 with any other game which could send 64 players on a big terrain while its graphics is awesome. These games use several perfomance tricks and level of detail algorithms to provide razor-sharp textures even while playing on such big maps.

so "medium" does the trick for me currently but I really would like to have it playable on high or ultra.

Last edited:
I play on practically bare-minimum. If I launch the game without a ROEngine.ini the game says that my Default Settings should be well into the High range.

But instead I get 20-25 FPS on minimum everything, infact I even had to devide the Shadow Map and Light Map sizes by 4 (in config) so it's technically even lower than minimum.

Atleast it's playable at 20-25fps... just barely.

Upvote 0
I play all to the max, 1920x1080 resolution with Enhanced.
FPS stays fluently at 40-45 when there is some action.
When 64 players clash against, FPS drops to 30-40. Never goes under 30.

Specs:
Intel i5 2500k @ 3.4Ghz
Ati Radeon 6870 1Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

Worked the same since release, with small FPS boost after yesterday's patch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Specs:
Intel i5 2500k @ 3.4Ghz
Ati Radeon 6870 1Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

Exactly the same specs here except for the CPU. I have a AMD Phenom II x6 1055t. So where is the difference. Is it AMD?

Also I would like to hear a word from the devs why the gpu usage is so low. If the game is more cpu bound I should have no problem with a hexacore, should I?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
exactly the same specs here except for the CPU. I have a AMD Phenom II x6 1055t. So where is the difference?

Few quick questions:
1. How old is your windows install? The longer it has been, the crappier the performance. I re-install Windows at least every six months (has been 2 months since last re-install).

2. Any background programs or ATI's crappy CCC in use? I only have Steam, Mumble if I play with clan-mates and F-Secure in the background. Anything else just takes power away from the game.
If you have CCC installed, uninstall it and just use the drivers. I noticed BIG performance buff a few years back when I noticed how crap the CCC is.

Or it could just be your CPU. Dunno 'bout AMD's 6x CPU's power but if that is the only variable here, it's the cause.

Upvote 0
memory allocation loop??

memory allocation loop??

Few quick questions:
1. How old is your windows install? The longer it has been, the crappier the performance. I re-install Windows at least every six months (has been 2 months since last re-install).

2. Any background programs or ATI's crappy CCC in use? I only have Steam, Mumble if I play with clan-mates and F-Secure in the background. Anything else just takes power away from the game.
If you have CCC installed, uninstall it and just use the drivers. I noticed BIG performance buff a few years back when I noticed how crap the CCC is.

Or it could just be your CPU. Dunno 'bout AMD's 6x CPU's power but if that is the only variable here, it's the cause.

1. No I won't reinstall my windows every month. It's clean and runs well! I'm sure!

2. Tried all - no difference.

Well...

So I played again some hours and you know what? Everytime a new map loads it will run great! After several respawns the framerate decreases and when the map changes again it will again run great in the beginning.

This looks like memory allocation gets looped maybe for everytime I spawn. Well I actually own Unreal Tournament 3 and I know that all is blurry before the match starts because the textures get loaded. But in UT3 this seems to happen only one time before the match starts. In RO2 the textures seem to load after every respawn! I find that really strange. Maybe here's a memory leak??

Upvote 0