• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why Do Axis Win at a Higher Rate Than Allies?

That the Germans were the attacking team. Attackers naturally get more team points than defenders. The only way the opposite could happen would be if the attacking team got shutout on the first caps.

I personally only notice heavy loss ratios on certain maps that are actually biased. Commissar's House, Danzig, Pavlov's House, and Red Oktober Factory being big ones. Most people say that tactics and "skill"* win these maps, really, it's luck -

Commissar's House - To win this as Russia, several things are required. The first, and biggest, is that the Germans don't pull out a PIV. A single PIV can completely shutdown Park North with little fear, due to the only flanking move requires a T34 to get close to the German infantry spawn. You could say that the T34 could weaken the PIV's front armor and kill it that way, but that takes too long and you lose too many reinforcements. Plus, if the German team pulls out BOTH PIV's, just let the timer run out, because you're simply not going to win. Another requirement is that the German commander doesn't call artillery right outside Russian spawn 1. When that happens, that spawn becomes basically useless, and you're funneled. The last one I have in mind, is you gotta hope that their Marksman has a bad ping, or is just a bad Marksman. From personal experience, if their Marksman has a good ping, he can completely shutdown the field between Building B1 and whatever the German cap is from the Projection House. Without a tank, that Marksman is extremely hard to dislodge aswell.

Danzig - All Russian players can do here is pray that a lone wolf can sprint into Propaganda House from one of the sides and pick off the six guys watching the basement. Then hope that their are enough surviving Russians in said basement to run up and clear the upstairs BEFORE the stairway "defenders" get back with their MP40s and MkBs. Then hope, again, that a bunch of Park defenders run over to try to recap the House. Danzig requires a surreal amount of luck.

Pavlov's House - Aslong as the Germans don't pull out their PIVs, it should be fairly easy to defend. The moment the PIVs start rolling, you have a similar situation to that of Commissar's House.

Red Oktober Factory - The map speaks for itself. All the Russians can hope for is that half of the German team is AFK.

About the "Experienced players go German" stuff. That is total BS. German players in WW2 Online try to say the same thing. It's a little known fact that the "Superior German everything" stereotype is very well recognized, and along with the "Bad guy" thing, it influences new players more than anything else. I could almost bet that the only reason some new players go Russian is because Germany is always stacked.

*Side Note - Skill doesn't exist in video games, only Knowledge.

Red Oktober Factory-
almost 60 hours played in ro2 already and I have yet to lose as allies on this map.

Upvote 0
I usually go for the team that has less players or seems to be generally doing badly, and unsurprisingly thus most often end up on the allied side. I usually play SL and throws smoke, goes for the objective, gives orders etc, but it is true that it is almost always a small minority that responds to this, the rest just camps or run around like headless chickens as usual.

The fun thing is that since I am often in the cap zone in enemy territory, the camping noobs in my squad sometimes get visibly surpised when they choose "Squad Leader" as spawn point and ends up behind enemy lines. Watching such a noob turn and twist before finally slinking back towards our own lines to camping safety (if they don't get killed beforehand) fills me with a combination of amusement and sadness.

Also I frequently experience having thrice the amount of points (both team and kills) than the second best player on the team, and while I am good, I know I am not that good, it is just a sign that the rest are simply not trying hard enough.

Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0
I think gaming style is crucial here.
Soviet players MUST move a lot, inflitrate, counter-attack, bypass the enemy.
Instead of doing that, they choose to camp at a window, and Axis guys can freely pick them from a distance while an assault team is storming the capture point...

I noticed that when Soviet players decide to rush and move quickly, they become an absolute nightmare for the Germans, even if the team is made of veterans.
Of course, you need to assign those Mosin and this sniper to a camping position, but for God's sake, move quickly and act sharply :eek:

Upvote 0
Why Do Axis Win at a Higher Rate Than Allies?

- Better map spots for Axis team
- The better players join Axis (most of the time, 90%; just like in CoD4 for example - Marines team always win)
- Way better weapons - MKB, MP40
- German uniforms pwn in urban setting maps

EDIT: As I said before - in WW2 Russia won over Germany because of their way higher soldier count. With the same amount of soldiers on the field, Germany will will for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCookie
Upvote 0
QFT also the reason why they removed Swastikas...to please the Germans

Germans make a censorship law and WE ALL have to abide by it I guess...

Either that or because the Nazis tried to slaughter everyone who wasnt German...

[sarcasm] hmm nope, now I think about it, its just the Germans being annoying.
[/sarcasm]

On topic; I agree, some maps are so very inbalanced at times, yet as usual, it depends on the team. Im an Axis player, I despise the feel of the PPSh and SVT, yet the 98K and G41 both feel wonderful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now for some less heer fanboi reasons:

Mp40 still havent got the nerf it had long due and INSTEAD
they gave out prototype assault rifles to everyone LOLOLOLO.

Ppsh still kicks like a mule while it shouldnt.

German uniforms are darker and are better with the horrible dark corners in this game plus at a certain graphic setting, Russian uniforms glow LOLOLOLOL

Upvote 0
i think the ro 1 vets are go for axis side while the newplayers go to russian side, all of my friend who i know and played ro 1 before they are always go whit german... I think TWI is planned the maps very balanced, and in the closed beta maybe they enven balanced but they cannot calculate whit almost all ro 1 vet will play whit german.

Upvote 0
1) Superior LMGs, SMGs (more well rounded. Effective outside of CQC), and now, assault rifles. Not to mention tanks.
2) Several polls have shown that far more people prefer the Axis to the Allies, and the Axis team usually outnumbers the Allies no matter what.
3) They have very effective defensive tools, and some incredible Assault power that the Allies just can't match. (MG34 kicks ***, Mkb can rape a room full of riflemen in the hands of an experienced user).
4) PIV is absolutely superior to the T34 in most respects, and will usually win a 1v1 unless the T34 commander is pretty good or the PIV commander is incompetent.

Reactions: Rattler and Graphic
Upvote 0
1) Superior LMGs, SMGs (more well rounded. Effective outside of CQC), and now, assault rifles. Not to mention tanks.
2) Several polls have shown that far more people prefer the Axis to the Allies, and the Axis team usually outnumbers the Allies no matter what.
3) They have very effective defensive tools, and some incredible Assault power that the Allies just can't match. (MG34 kicks ***, Mkb can rape a room full of riflemen in the hands of an experienced user).
4) PIV is absolutely superior to the T34 in most respects, and will usually win a 1v1 unless the T34 commander is pretty good or the PIV commander is incompetent.

QFT

What advantages do allies have over axis?

SVT scope.

First phase of Station can be easy sometimes.

Drawing a blank now.

Upvote 0
To make it more fair axis teams should be locked at x% of the allies team meaning that there should be like 20% less axis all the time.

In reality germans had the better weapons and blitzkrieg tactics etc but the russians were far more and they were almost suicidal. (Maybe because they were shot in the back by their own people).

Upvote 0
To make it more fair axis teams should be locked at x% of the allies team meaning that there should be like 20% less axis all the time.

In reality germans had the better weapons and blitzkrieg tactics etc but the russians were far more and they were almost suicidal. (Maybe because they were shot in the back by their own people).

Implying that germans didnt shoot deserters? Get your head out of your enemy at the gates ***.

Upvote 0
Either that or because the Nazis tried to slaughter everyone who wasnt German...

Except for how their leader wasn't German, nor were many of his closest companions, right-hand man Rudolf Hess included, who was Egyptian. Nor were like 90% of the Wehrmacht late in the war.

QFT

What advantages do allies have over axis?

SVT scope.

First phase of Station can be easy sometimes.

Drawing a blank now.

How about Territory Grain Elevator being next to impossible for Germans and getting voted in constantly by the entire soviet team?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about Territory Grain Elevator being next to impossible for Germans and getting voted in constantly by the entire soviet team?

Because it's the only map where we stand a chance, given the superiority of the German equipment outside of, say, scoped STVs. I notice you didn't bring up any equipment superiority however, which is telling.

Upvote 0