• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

So I am the only one seeing the predator missile:confused:

no thats not a predator missile. that the gunner view of the Havoc Helicopter

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love EA Origin, its official. They just emailed me a 25% off coupon for my birthday. Preordered BF3 on Origin for $45 from $60

=============

Battlefield 3 PC version won’t have in-game server browser. (Hopefully its just a misunderstanding, Dev was replying specifically to a question about using Battlelog and not server browsers in general.)

BF3 Q&A from Gamescom

• No "Commander", all of the Commander's abilities are intergrated throughout all four classes.
  • Deployable mortars, hover crafts (spotting robots), EOD robots
  • TDM will be 24 players (no vehicles)
  • Hinting at eSports, no comments on battle recorder or spectator mode
  • No throwable motion sensors, but you do get deploy-able motion sensors (they are bigger/easier to see and can be destroyed). You can crouch or prone near them without being spotted by it. You show up on minimap for ~0.5 seconds if spotted by it. Recon class gets to deploy only 1 at a time.
  • Tweaked 3D Spotting, if you move behind concealment your 3D marker disappears. However your minimap spotted dot will still be there. I can live with this system. Vehicles however will always be 3D spotting, LoS doesn't apply to them like infantry.
  • You can use C4 on EOD bots
  • It looks like Battlelog will be required to play the game, or maybe they are referring to Alpha. No idea.
  • EOD bot can be used for arming MCOMs and repairing vehicles
  • Pilots can use freelook to spot enemies
  • Moving back to spawn on any squad member for all squad members :( (because attackers got owned in Alpha during the 1st zone)
  • TV missiles are back

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, you might be right. I read up about it after seeing this news and most people seem to agree that the way DICE has set it up is actually quite nice.

It was pretty good in the alpha. Basically you just log in to a website (Battlelog) and go to servers tab and join. Then you are instantly deployed to combat without annoying intros and loading screens. I really like it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Tweaked 3D Spotting, if you move behind concealment your 3D marker disappears. However your minimap spotted dot will still be there.

I just don't get why it's in game at all....

Pilots can use freelook to spot enemies

Freelook FTW! I like this, although I don't like the slow speed and tight turns that aircraft are unrealistically capable of. Drove me nuts in BF2 how pilots could basically hover over a spawn and just rape.

Upvote 0
I don't like the slow speed and tight turns that aircraft are unrealistically capable of. Drove me nuts in BF2 how pilots could basically hover over a spawn and just rape.

I'm pretty sure air vehicles won't be as hard to take down in BF3. Since Engineers also get shoulder fired anti-air rockets. Along with many other returning anti-air systems (hopefully some emplacements have AAA guns, instead of just missiles). Counter-measures will probably be an equip-able perk like in BC2.

Upvote 0
Never been all that bothered by the jets. (Although those professional slow flying mother ****ers will make you piss blood in anger sometimes.)

To me it's the choppers. They have GOT to take more damage from varied sources than in BC2. Because they'd just do strafing runs on the AA guns all day and night, or pull that full tilt gunning rotation thing so it's almost impossible to hit them with Gustavs or tracking darts. And then they dump their tracking dart with counter measures. And it took probably close to 500 rounds from the Abrahm's machine gun to actually kill it.

Compared to BF2, where they could take damage from small arms fire, at least enough to scare them, they were totally broke in BC2.

Just saw this over on Gamepsy:

Rocket and Grenade Launchers:
SMAW
RPG-7
Javelin
FIM-92 Stinger
SA-18 IGLA
M136 AT4
Stingers and Javelins say good things to me about people's basic anti-air capabilities. Finally putting a launcher into player's hands that auto-locks on to heat signatures (like the AA from BF2) rather than being this ludicrous self-guided missile you're supposed to hit a fast moving target 300 feet in the air with. Sadly, Carl Gustav is sitting BF3 out.

Here's the full list of weapons btw. http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1189271p1.html

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Compared to BF2, where they could take damage from small arms fire, at least enough to scare them, they were totally broke in BC2.

You can take them out "manually" by M134, it's pretty easy to grasp after a few tries and they have no countermeasures to this at all. Most of the engies learned this and choppers aren't the nuisance they used to be anymore.

Bad Company 2 M136 AT4 - YouTube

Upvote 0