• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad system.

Can you name your squad or find some way to automatically tell people what your squad specializes in? Like in Battlefield 2, you could name your squad "Armour" or "Infantry" to signify your unit is dedicated to just that.

Also, will commanders have any control over squads?

And I'm probably just asking too much now :p, but will commanders/SLs be able to "draw" (I dunno, pop up map and then hold down mouse from some position to another to show the road you go) attack routes? I seem to find in many cases games that do have a chain of command, if a group is ordered to attack one position, they'll go a dozen different ways ending up all getting killed.

Upvote 0
Can you name your squad or find some way to automatically tell people what your squad specializes in? Like in Battlefield 2, you could name your squad "Armour" or "Infantry" to signify your unit is dedicated to just that.

In BF2 there were no role restrictions, so an entire squad could be made of AT guys. In RO2 you could tell that a squad is dedicated to something by checking the classes that form that squad.

Upvote 0
I'm a big fan of BF2s squad system (except spawning on squad leaders, although the benefit with that is that it keeps squads together).

Sounds like RO2 has taken a lot of the good features from this system, which is great news.

I'm still a little unclear how Armor crews/squads will spawn etc. so some info on that woudl be good.

Spawn in tank. I suppose one could hot spawn into a warm body if the tank commander unlocks the tank.

Upvote 0
Some thougths on spawn system...

We at BF2 mod called ProjectReality were having mobile spawn points in wheicles like APC-s.

I find this type of "mobile spawn point" a great improvement to realism and tactictics in gameplay... basicly each side would have on 16 player map 1 mobile spawn point, on 32 player map 2 and on 64 player map 3 mobile spawn points.

Those vheicles (in case of this game it could be army truck) were great in sence of thactical deployment of troops... and offcourse if destroyed than a big setback for that team untill next one don't respawn after some time.

So you need to place them carefully and oposing team is allways on the hunt for them. :)

Upvote 0
Some thougths on spawn system...

We at BF2 mod called ProjectReality were having mobile spawn points in wheicles like APC-s.

I find this type of "mobile spawn point" a great improvement to realism and tactictics in gameplay... basicly each side would have on 16 player map 1 mobile spawn point, on 32 player map 2 and on 64 player map 3 mobile spawn points.

Those vheicles (in case of this game it could be army truck) were great in sence of thactical deployment of troops... and offcourse if destroyed than a big setback for that team untill next one don't respawn after some time.

So you need to place them carefully and oposing team is allways on the hunt for them. :)

That's currently in Darkest Hour. Unfortunately, there can't be a vehicle based spawn in ROHOS, since there won't be any APCs on initial release.

Maybe we'll see that implemented when the new tanks and APCs go live. TWI does have a nasty habit of continuing to update their game years after release.

Upvote 0