• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unplayable Release FPS

Even at my 1600x900, I had to turn shadows down. Also, don't check hardware physics. You can try the forced AA via Nvidia control panel as well for a performance and image improvement. Look about, there are plenty of threads in the forum for tweaks.

Personally, with the system in my Signature, I am pulling a steady high 50's to 60 fps with vsync on (only have a 60hz monitor, more than that is a waste).

is your gpu being fully used?

anyway, it' 1:30 am here, I'll play again tomorrow when I come home from work.

thanks to the people who actually read my post.

Upvote 0
Since my post got buried in a sea of identical threads I guess I'll repost here since this seems to be the most used one now.

I never had any performance problems in the beta. Not even when everybody was talking about the performance thieves. Now with the release of the retail I've seen a decrease from about 40 fps on average to a stunningly low 15-20 (this on Pavlovs house with 64 players). Also, lowering settings gives practically no increase in fps.

I'll try to get some statdumps later when I'm less tired and frustrated.

Windows XP SP3 32 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Quad at ~3.2GHz
4GB Ram (only 3 used due to XP)
Two Radeon HD 4890 in Crossfire

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Asus p8p67 deluxe 3.0
windows 7 64
intel 2600k 3.4 ghz
8 gig RAM @ 1600
580 gtx asus

20-25 fps, 10-15 fps in large open areas, set on MEDIUM

also have double rendering for my arm and gun.

Ive adjusted everything, and tried many different "fixes" nothing works.

The weird thing is, single player runs GREAT. Caps at 60fps (vsync) for most of the time.

Upvote 0
so here are my settings
Ly8Sm.jpg

Here is what the game looks like, notice how terrible the AA is, and how it doesn't seem to even be working. Also that framerate is pretty much my average.
hftl1.jpg

Please tell me this is the game's fault. It has to be.

My specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.50GHz 66

Upvote 0
As it stands right now the game is functionally worse than the beta, which is a feat unto itself.

C2D E6750 @ 3GHz~
4Gb ram
1Gb GTX460
W7 64bit

Using these settings during beta would give me a playable 30-40fps minimum, now on release it's barely scraping 30fps maximum. The game is physically failing to utilise ANY of my GPU power, I can't even tell if it's spinning up the fan from idle.

Upvote 0
just to be sure have you guys tried:

Deleting all the config files:

mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2\rogame\config

Verifying the integrity of the game cache:

open steam -> games library -> right click red orchestra 2 -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of the game cache

Defragging the game files:

Personally i recommend perfectdisc (a free full trial version can be downloaded from raxco).

Upvote 0
Game runs like **** after release version (10fps less than beta)

Game runs like **** after release version (10fps less than beta)

Game runs like ****. Worse than last beta.

Athlon 2x2.5GHZ
3.4GB RAM
GF65 GTX 1GB
Vista32

1280 rez
Most settings on medium, AA off

On the latest beta patch I had barely acceptable 20 fps. Now the game crawls at 15 fps at best on non busy areas. Getting a stable 17 fps inside the barn on Pavlov (russian start)

See the attachment for .LOG file

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I, too, am getting extremely poor performance.

2x1.9
3GB RAM
GeForce 9600 GT
W7 64-bit

I have the settings on "lowest." Randomly my Vent volume will drop very low and I can hardly hear my friends. Also, my sprint will randomly stop working as well.

It should run like crap on that system, no offense... the cpu doesnt even meet the minimum

Upvote 0
Try going into this file and editing this line. Seems to not work or lock setting within the games menu, you have to edit the file.

C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini

by default this is at 32 and I think it has to not like 8 Channel Onboard sounds set at 32.

Do search for channel and this should come up.

[XAudio2.XAudio2Device]
MaxChannels=16

Save file and then when in game you'll see sound at whatever you've set. It actually will change it automatically in 2 other locations within that file.

Find this line and change to 16 or even 8 then test see which works best if at all, strangely enough you can go as high as 128 for a setting. This setting has been tested and has worked for some but not all but anything is worth a try for you guys.

Also try these game settings - Set HIGH. Turn from MLAA to FXAA High. Check Vsnyc if you have a 60hz flat panel. Also check box for Framerate smoothing and check Lag 1 frame.

Hope any of this may help and good luck.

For comparison: Here's my set up

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
16 Gig of RAM Corsair 1600 (800MHZ)
Phenom II 1090T (6 Core) Overclocked to 3.7 GHZ for all cores.
Nvidia 480 GTX
Dell 24" Flat Panel

My settings are all on Ultra, everything is checked that can be, FXAA HIGH down from MLAA and believe it or not I set my Channels to 128 (It improved from 32 channels for getting more FPS)

My FPS is 35-50 and steady depending on the map and where I'm looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just to be sure have you guys tried:

Deleting all the config files:

mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2\rogame\config

Verifying the integrity of the game cache:

open steam -> games library -> right click red orchestra 2 -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of the game cache

Defragging the game files:

Personally i recommend perfectdisc (a free full trial version can be downloaded from raxco).

Yes, did that, no help unfortunately.

Try going into this file and editing this line. Seems to not work or lock setting within the games menu, you have to edit the file.

C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini

by default this is at 32 and I think it has to not like 8 Channel Onboard sounds set at 32.

Do search for channel and this should come up.

[XAudio2.XAudio2Device]
MaxChannels=16

Save file and then when in game you'll see sound at whatever you've set. It actually will change it automatically in 2 other locations within that file.

Find this line and change to 16 or even 8 then test see which works best if at all. This setting has been tested and has worked for some but not all but anything is worth a try for you guys.

Also try these game settings - Set HIGH. Turn from MLAA to FXAA. Check Vsnyc if you have a 60hz flat panel. Also check box for Framerate smoothing and check Lag 1 frame.

Hope any of this may help and good luck.

Tried this, too, but still under 30 FPS. As always, thanks for everyone's suggestions. Hopefully things will get sorted out sometime!

Upvote 0