Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 02-06-2014, 03:20 AM
On Vacation

Aww, you're all such sweeties! You don't support locking a player out of a role until he plays the maps a few times, because he might throw a poop storm and go play something else, BUT you support kick-voting his *** off a server for doing a bad job. Sorry, but I find a kick-vote to be much more aggressive in this case, and I actually have seen loud people on mic rallying votes simply because he wanted the role for himself.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpz38 Hetzer View Post
Ok, yes once in a while you get a bad Commander, as stated earlier, the solution is to fix vote kick and role kick, not limit the role. This would only cause problems with noobs who actually want to learn how to play the role. I have see level 99 "Heros" play the role like an assault class. I have also seen level 12 noobs take the role and do a great job. So please explain to me how level requirements will make either situation better?
Yes, I have the same opinion.

There could be really stupid/bad Level 99 "heroes" who don´t do anything for their team and their could be new player who play RO2 the first time only and do a good job!
Say no to discrimination! please.

I´m not a friend of any ranking or progression system in most of games. Mainly because of the reason above. The rank doesn´t say anything about the real skills of the player. Some player play a game a lot of times and have a high level, but that doesn´t mean that they are better than any new player.

And yes, If there is really a bad player blocking a important role like Commander a good role kick system is needed! That means that nearly the whole team must vote for it!

By Dibbler & Team
Support the IOM - Join the unranked IOM Server!

Last edited by Kleist; 02-06-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalczyk View Post
Aww, you're all such sweeties! You don't support locking a player out of a role until he plays the maps a few times, because he might throw a poop storm and go play something else, BUT you support kick-voting his *** off a server for doing a bad job. Sorry, but I find a kick-vote to be much more aggressive in this case, and I actually have seen loud people on mic rallying votes simply because he wanted the role for himself.
I'm pretty sure the vote associated with the ROLE just boots you out of the role, not the server. The Kick vote boots you off the server. That's why there are two different types of vote.