• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove slow death or make it nearly impossible to shoot back.

OnCrack

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Slow death is simply lame, you're able to shoot back with basically no penalties but the screen going black in 3-5 seconds. Please think about this stupid feature devs added and either remove it or make it like 300% more sway and recoil, blur effect etc., so that it's still possible to shoot back but you have like 1/10 chance to hit.
Now it's just seems that getting that last frag and scoreboard kills farming is the way everybody plays, I see people that dont event try to bandage and go in for the last kill even if it means their death (or slow death). Also I don't like that kills are shown on the leaderboard, old RO way was better.
Discuss...

Well you can only hipshoot while mortally wounded, so if you're getting hit by slowly dying enemies, duck and cover?

And sometimes you can't bandage, because the guy could have some brains and realize that would be the most excellent time to jump on you and shove some lead down your throat. Belive me I've done it myself a few times and it ruins peoples' days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you can only hipshoot while mortally wounded, so if you're getting hit by slowly dying enemies, duck and cover?

And sometimes you can't bandage, because the guy could have some brains and realize that would be the most excellent time to jump on you and shove some lead down your throat. Belive me I've done it myself a few times and it ruins peoples' days.

No you can aim down sides when in slow death mode

Upvote 0
Crying-Babies.jpg

poor baby......

Upvote 0
That going black is death. If you're disliking it because of being killed by people swaying around, dying, then take cover. they're about to die anyway.

If you don't like it when you yourself are having slow death, then you should find a different arguement than "only penalty is 3-5 seconds of going black"

I personally find it useful to finally get revenge. And I haven't really seen anyone get a kill while blacking out yet except in gameplay videos so, quite frankly, I see no reason to remove it.

Upvote 0