• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game is worse than before patch.

Yeah I'd say so, I have a i5 2500k at stock 3.2ghz i believe it is, 8gb ddr3 ram, 2 x radeon hd 5850's and the BF3 alpha maxed out ran TERRIBLY.. So I call bs on that as well.

BFBC2 at 120... EEEAASSYYY.. this clown doesn't realize that he has a MAJOR bottleneck in his system so he has to lie about it to try and make himself feel better lol.

Look dude if you're still reading, WE DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE CRASHING, even the best PC's can crash on a game that is still in beta testing, send in your crash dumps like everyone else and hope they fix it for you on launch, k bub?

Are ****ing seriously telling me I'm lying?

Seriously?

Upvote 0
Works worse for me after the patch, too, and I have totally different kit to you:

Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz,
6GB DDR3 triple channel RAM,
HD 4870x2,
Win7 x64 Ultimate,
@1680 x 1050 res.

I've given up tinkering with settings to try to make it play right, and now just play with everything on low using 'umbra culling'. Only way for me to get above 50fps without stutters. Feel as though I might as well be playing on a dual core from 2003 with 2GB RAM, tbh. Hoping that AMD will bring out some decent CrossFire drivers in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sound and game crash after patch 2

Sound and game crash after patch 2

Worse for me after the latest patch as well.
Game crashing and sound popping and then going off.
I had something like 15 hours in with the old patch and maybe 4-5 crashes.. now I have had just as many in less than a hour!

Win 7 64bit
1920 x 1080
Asus p8p67 pro
8 gig ram
GTX 570
Intel Core i5 2500k
Realtek onbaord

Upvote 0
Plain and simple and no disrespect intended to the Devs, this game is not ready. This game needs more time in beta and we need to get all these bugs worked out before its released. Way too many bugs and weird quarks that shouldnt be in a open beta days before release, this feels like closed beta. Take the time to get these polished please!

Upvote 0
Also runs worse for me after latest patch. I've put everything down to medium settings, turned off motion blur, ambient occlusion, and bloom and I still can't maintain 60 fps with a 6970.

The game doesn't even look as good as Call of Duty 2 at all medium settings with these options turned off.

Playing with a mix of high and ultra settings the worst problem wasn't just the fluctuating FPS but also the fact that the game would constantly hitch when I saw an enemy. So right when I was pulling up my iron sights to shoot someone the game would hitch for a quarter of a second, just enough time for me to get shot and die without even being able to aim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the state of the game right now
<<<<< it not if your going crash but when your going to crash
at the start of a new match or map you can stand in the spawn and watch half the people crash out
i try to take a picture of all the bodies in the spawn but sadly i crash out before i could

ps
1st day Sever Browser bug / small patch fixed
2nd patch good could play for 2 or 3 hour before random crash
3rd patch sever browser bug again /PB lag/bans , hard random CTD play time any where from 1 min to 20 mins
4th patch fix some of the sever browser bugs still crashs all the time

window7 64bit sp1
gigabyte ga-890gpa-ud3k
amd phenom 2 x4 20 3.200 mhz
bio award ff 24.11.2010
installed physical memory 8.00 gb
available physical memory 6.18 gb
amd 6950 2 gig ram
driver 8.881.0.0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right, all of you, cut out the personal attacks and arguing now. The game client that's running is only 32bit, so get off your high horses. The OP's system is fine.

Now tescoemployee, if you want help, posts like yours aren't exactly calculated to get sympathy. If you want some assistance, you'll need to provide some information. What video settings are you using in game? Also, how long are you able to play before the crashes occur? Are we talking seconds after joining? Minutes? Half an hour? Please be specific. Also, if you haven't already, you should post your crash dumps for TW to analyse - they can't fix a problem if they have no idea what caused it.

Your crash dumps will be with your game logs:

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Logs

Upvote 0
Right, all of you, cut out the personal attacks and arguing now. The game client that's running is only 32bit, so get off your high horses. The OP's system is fine.

Now tescoemployee, if you want help, posts like yours aren't exactly calculated to get sympathy. If you want some assistance, you'll need to provide some information. What video settings are you using in game? Also, how long are you able to play before the crashes occur? Are we talking seconds after joining? Minutes? Half an hour? Please be specific. Also, if you haven't already, you should post your crash dumps for TW to analyse - they can't fix a problem if they have no idea what caused it.

Your crash dumps will be with your game logs:

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Logs

I have dumped logs before. I install 64bit windows 7 OS this morning and I'm currently copying a 260 gb steamapps. I will update soon how well it works.

Sorry there won't be anymore logs with 32bit OS.

Upvote 0
If you still experience problems, please post the video settings you're using in game as well as the time it takes to crash.

Ok I just got on. It seems to be running great. I crashed initially on server browser but restarted and it works.

I connected to a server running pavlovs and it was running excellent. Problem is I joined a server that said had 64 players in it on the browser and when I actually got on, had 3 players and like 10 bots. I've tried with 3 or 4 different servers and none have more than 5 players... Not sure how well nit will run with 64 players.

Upvote 0
I guess your problem (with your system not manners) is the 32bit OS. With 3Gb RAM and 2GB VRAM you loose 1GB because of the 32bit OS if I remember right.

The largest number a 32-bit processor or OS can process in a single action is 2^32, or 2,294,967,296.

Since every byte in memory needs its own unique address, 2^32 represents the maximum number of bytes that a 32-bit system can support.

2^32 bytes is exactly four gigabytes.

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN said:

A 32-bit application can be starved for memory in a 32-bit environment, no? 32-bit Windows imposes an artificial limit of 2gb on applications, while 64-bit Windows permits 32-bit applications to have the full 4gb they could theoretically handle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0