• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ATI Users Still boned?

And yet still no reply from a Dev, no news on if we will be able to play when launch comes around.

Glad this is a joke to some.

Beta patch after Beta patch and STILL no update for this "bug"

:mad:

I do not think anyone at TWI thinks that a bug is a joke, if they have not responded to you it may be a known issue that they are working on resolving, but being the brat in the back seat asking "Dad are we there yet?" the whole ride, is not going to get it done any faster.

Just some friendly advice; You should try and post your concern in the support section, if you have not, do so then check back there and stop flaming the general forums with the same thing, doing so will get you ignored and when you have a real problem it will be overlooked.

Upvote 0
two 6970's in Crossfire here.

With crossfire enabled I get the same fps as without crossfire.

But I always get alot of slowdowns and inconsistent GPU usage which leads to very choppy gameplay.

Maybe UE3 favours Nvidia cards, but the most glaring problems seem universal.

SLI doesn't seem to work for most either, neither are Nvidia GPU usages particulary high. I;ve seen Nvidia users get choppy framerates and slowdowns, especially in the new maps, as well.

The game just needs to get fixed, period.

I don't care if the game favours Nvidia and 2 570's get 10% better fps than my 6970's. I know that a set of either cards should be able to keep the FPS above 60 at ALL times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never had an major problems with ATI/AMD. I blame the game not AMD.

I'm not talking about the game, i really don't have much problem in the game related to my ATI Card.
It's just the fact that it heats so much, the fact that I had to spent like 2 days trying to make the drivers work.
The fact that Control Catalyst Center still doesn't work at all since I have this PC, that this is a known issue and AMD never tried to do anything about it.

To sum it up, if there's any problem with your ATI Card, you can just drop dead before anything is fixed.

Upvote 0
You should never buy ATi card in the first place.
Seriously, i have one and I can say anything good about it.

Both have merits. ATI dominated ever since the 5700 series came out, up until the release of the 570.

I've been using both Nvidia and ATI/AMDm I think 50/50 the past 8 years or so. And I don't see much wrong with either of them.

While I no longer think RO2 is particularily biased, especially when it comes to the bugs and issues, I do think it just sucks some games are biased.

ATI's do much better on Shogun Total war, For example, Whereas Nvidias do much better in BC2.

But even when bias against, the cards I've had usually did very well. RO2 is just very broken.

To sum it up, if there's any problem with your ATI Card, you can just drop dead before anything is fixed.
:p

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
I'm not talking about the game, i really don't have much problem in the game related to my ATI Card.
It's just the fact that it heats so much, the fact that I had to spent like 2 days trying to make the drivers work.
The fact that Control Catalyst Center still doesn't work at all since I have this PC, that this is a known issue and AMD never tried to do anything about it.

Those driver problems might be related to your OS and registry could be going nuts. With clean install of OS there is no problems usually with any gpu/drivers. There is many different versions of cards and some have bad cooling.

Upvote 0
I have 2 8800GTs in SLI and there is only marginal improvement compared to using just one of them. With one, it runs 80-95% or running two then they are about 50-70% used.

It was pretty much the same with ROOST with only maybe a 5 fps boost.

I also had BFBC2 and it was about the same with that game for me, only a 5 fps boost using SLI and both cards just got used less.

I have no idea about Crossfire, but I have had ATI products before and Catalyst kinda sucks.

I will say that SLI really doesn't deliver like it should. Certainly 2 cards are better than one, but the boost really isn't much to talk about in my opinion.

Just saying....

Upvote 0
I do not think anyone at TWI thinks that a bug is a joke, if they have not responded to you it may be a known issue that they are working on resolving, but being the brat in the back seat asking "Dad are we there yet?" the whole ride, is not going to get it done any faster.

Just some friendly advice; You should try and post your concern in the support section, if you have not, do so then check back there and stop flaming the general forums with the same thing, doing so will get you ignored and when you have a real problem it will be overlooked.

I've posted in about 5 different support threads. Pretty easy to be ignorant to people that don't have the luxury of playing the game I assume. Try adjusting your settings to the point were you top out at 30fps and let me know what you think.

I would never post if I thought I was the only one having an issue, however TWI will be very unhappy if one of the "big" game review sites play tests the game on AMD/Nvidia hardware that is getting terrible frames. When it comes around to the performance section of the review, a game that was a 9 goes to a 7 or lower really quickly with poor performance.

Any updates or fixes that go out after the game is released means nothing to these sites. Take my posts however you will, but if the game performs poorly on only %25 of new hardware (which is my rough guess judging by posts) then the company just bit the bullet. It only takes one or two "bad" reviews to make a game flop.

Again I will state the point for you if it is not clear. How many people will feel justified paying for a game they cannot play. How was this issue not brought to attention in Alpha or F&F Beta. If it was why was the version not optimized or "rolled back" to see were the error is?

I am not trying to flame TWI, as in many other posts I have stated that TWI is an amazing company who in very little time has achieved what I expected to take longer. 4 days is alot of time to still patch, and I truly hope the game is fixed so it is at least playable for me and many others by then. If it isn't..... well steam support tickets are going to go nuts. I personally know 25-30 people in the gaming community that I run that still can't play this game above 30 fps. If it isn't fixed on/by launch those people WILL be getting a refund from steam and take there business elsewhere.

Don't take that as a threat, look at it as an eye opener for the company most of you claim to like so much. How many other people do you think will wait for the game to work?

Thanks for calling me a brat by the way, makes me feel much younger. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I fixed my underperforming CrossFire (HD4870x2) setup by Von modding the 11.8 Cat drivers.

This basically works because the Von modded drivers don't use CrossFire Profiles for specific games, and just spread the graphical load over the cards in a generic manner. Basically cleans out ATI's bloat-ware. I can now run at 35 fps smooth with everything on ultra (but v. smooth), or everything on high rarely dipping under 60 fps, even on Laglov's House, so I'm happy. Before this, I couldn't find any smooth settings - I suppose I was getting terribad microstuttering.

If you want to have a go (btw, I'm in no way responsible for what you do to your machine :D), just follow the instructions on [url]http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332395[/URL] . I installed the 'dummy profiles' version. Remember to right-click 'run as admin' if you're running Win 7. You don't even have to reboot for the changes to take effect.

I probably wouldn't recommend it if you're worried about your performance in other games that do take advantage of CrossFire Profiles.

Upvote 0
TWI are doing everything they can by reaching out to AMD to give them all the logs and info they need: something which many devs can't be bothered to do (or aren't allocated time to by their publisher).

Ultimately, this is the responsibility of AMD to fix, but it's unrealistic to expect them to do so until the next Catalyst release (at least). I'm sure they will fix it, but it's simply the way things are that drivers aren't really sorted out for a game until after it's been released and the public have acted as beta testers.

This is just a work around.

Upvote 0
TWI are doing everything they can by reaching out to AMD to give them all the logs and info they need: something which many devs can't be bothered to do (or aren't allocated time to by their publisher).

Ultimately, this is the responsibility of AMD to fix, but it's unrealistic to expect them to do so until the next Catalyst release (at least). I'm sure they will fix it, but it's simply the way things are that drivers aren't really sorted out for a game until after it's been released and the public have acted as beta testers.

This is just a work around.

Now it just sounds like all problems with the game occuring on ATI/AMD cards is because of drivers.

Alot of the problems are universal.

I think there is alot of performance to be gained on the game's end.

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0