• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Hello, I am not very bright. Please help re: IDEs & Compiling for RO2

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
As the topic title suggests, I am something of a moron. That being said, it has been a great struggle for me to actually get some code written and compiled for RO2. I've tried a couple of IDEs, none without any success, and even just running the -make command on the ROGame.exe. I end up getting to a point where it tells me there are errors in, for example, ROBullet.uc, and that a native class cannot extend from a non-native (when in fact, what it is trying to extend from is native), and so forth. Essentially, even if I get to a stage wherein I can compile, errors are found in the base RO code, with no edits being made to any of the content for that matter.

There are a number of things I would like to tinker with and have simply been unable to as a result of the aforementioned problems. Coding for Ostfront was a breeze, but I'm just not having the same luck with RO2.

It's been a while since I last took a crack at this as I've been on something of an extended vacation.

I would appreciate a step-by-step approach to solving my issue, if at all possible.

There are some IDEs available for editing UE3 scripts, though none of them is perfect and most of them suffer from the differences in the RO2 source paths/locations compared to the UE3 source paths/locations. That last issue can be worked around by using symbolic links. That is not supported by windows, but there are some free tools available that do there job. I personally use Link Shell Extension. It's easy to use (click and play) and reliable.
For IDE I've tried:

Now back to the business of the source folders. All UDK related tools expect the stock sources to be sitting in a folder tree that looks like:
C:\UDK\

Last edited:
Upvote 0