• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Taiser

It'd be tough to use.....maybe if you had to stand still while shooting it?

Well if it takes 5 seconds to fall off, it would mean you are vurnerable to other attacks during that 5 seconds because you cant attack while attacking. Would be rather balanced I think O_O

I dont know about that "5m kills to unlock" tho, since there is no other weapons in the game which youd have to unclock. I mean, I dont think this would be so special it needed to be unlocked somehow. Just add it as a new weapon to some perk, or if they were planning to add more unlockables then sure why not this one along with some other new ones.

I think it should be able to kill smaller specimens but stun scrakes and fleshpounds while causing only minor damage. Maybe it would be cool if there was a random chance of setting the specimen on fire xD, electricity does that sometimes after all (imagine a siren with its hair in flames after you shocked it with this weapon LOL)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that if you put more thought into this, it could potentially work.
Maybe since the firebug is already geared towards stopping specimens by having them run around waving their arms when on fire. The taser could be a normal weapon for the Firebug which is a quick shot that stuns specimens for 5 seconds. It would be good for getting out of hairy situations with fleshpounds, gorefasts, and scrakes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that if you put more thought into this, it could potentially work.
Maybe since the firebug is already geared towards stopping specimens by having them run around waving their arms when on fire. The taser could be a normal weapon for the Firebug which is a quick shot that stuns specimens for 5 seconds. It would be good for getting out of hairy situations with fleshpounds, gorefasts, and scrakes?

I was thinking of using it for Firebug as well!

And perhaps if they added a fact that the electric shock set it on fire after the attack as well, that could be Firebug's tier 1 weapon.

Upvote 0
how about a stun gun (you know, the hand held ones)? possibly a zerker weapon, and it has a recharge like the welder.

It does minor damage initally, but the longer the specimen is stunned the damage multiplies, and the longer the specimen stays stunned for afterwards. (or combined with the machette and knife, such as left click = standard attack, right click + hold = stun)

And I Do support the taser idea, finally a simple weapon to give the firebug. Possibly with 3-5 spare claws. Increasing with each lvl up of the firebug

Upvote 0
My only immediate issue is that a taser isn't designed to kill, its designed to cause all of the muscles to contract and be unable to function. They cause alot of pain, and temporaily paralyse their target.

Against small foes like the clot, gorefast and maybe even bloat they may serve as a paralysing tool. However against the massive Scrakes and Fleshpounds the taser would hurt alot, but not cause serious damage, and probably not have enough power to really stun them. Think of how powerful a cattle prod is to a taser. All you'd really do is make one pissed off fleshpound :p

Its... an interesting idea, but I'd take a poistol over a taser in a zombie apocalypse any day :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My only immediate issue is that a taser isn't designed to kill, its designed to cause all of the muscles to contract and be unable to function. They cause alot of pain, and temporaily paralyse their target.

Against small foes like the clot, gorefast and maybe even bloat they may serve as a paralysing tool. However against the massive Scrakes and Fleshpounds the taser would hurt alot, but not cause serious damage, and probably not have enough power to really stun them. Think of how powerful a cattle prod is to a taser. All you'd really do is make one pissed off fleshpound :p

Its... an interesting idea, but I'd take a poistol over a taser in a zombie apocalypse any day :)

Taser stuns FPs and scrakes but then they rage/charge when paralysis is over? Also, it'd be nice if it was 2 blocks and has 5 shots.

Maybe you couldnt stun charging FP or Scrake at all? Would cause like 1/5th of health damage on them when held the full 5 seconds but thats it. Maybe a small 5-10% speed and damage reduce on the specimen or something during that 5 seconds and a few seconds afterwards?

So basically, crawlers, clots, stalkers and gorefasts would die, weaker ones faster and gorefast being the strongest of those 4 would require atleast 5 seconds of taze to kill it. Bloats, Husks and Sirens shouldnt die, but they would be stunned for that 5 seconds and like 3 seconds afterwards (and lose 50-80% of their HP depending on the target and difficulty). Scrakes and Fleshpounds would stun only couple of seconds, rage, and get reduced speed and damage for some time.

Upvote 0

I took it as not being able to kill the bad boys (scrake/FP) but rather to stun them. Stopping a charge, if even for a few seconds, could be the difference between life and death for a team member. It allows them to fall back and complete that reload.

Because the FB doesn't have big enemy killing power I think this weapon works well for him. I mean if you can't kill them as a FB at least you could stun them. As opposed to the sharpie who has big enemy killing power and stunning power with all enemies.

Upvote 0
shino

shino

Agree its written taser not taiser :) And for firebug it would also be cool.

The ninjabomb:
How bout this one for demo perk. 3 to carry flys 5-10 meter in the direction you aim, sticks at the zombies/walls or falls to ground if it doesnt hit. So with the button you can blow them up anytime you want. Im imagine here you throw it on a zombie and watch him moving in a group of zombies :) Could work like a nade. Also maybe it could have a use like a knife in close combat thx to the blades. Anyway just an idea and a quick crappy draw to it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agree its written taser not taiser :) And for firebug it would also be cool.

The ninjabomb:
How bout this one for demo perk. 3 to carry flys 5-10 meter in the direction you aim, sticks at the zombies/walls or falls to ground if it doesnt hit. So with the button you can blow them up anytime you want. Im imagine here you throw it on a zombie and watch him moving in a group of zombies :) Could work like a nade. Also maybe it could have a use like a knife in close combat thx to the blades. Anyway just an idea and a quick crappy draw to it :)

Wouah nice i like the twice idea ^^ and the twice drawing

Upvote 0