• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open Beta Release date questions wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBone

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
:confused: So you lock every thread asking about a open beta. Well excuse the Hell out of me. STEAM says 1st quarter myself and many other people would like a little info. Locking the thread is not very polite or a good way to treat people that might be buying your game. So a year from now after the game is released and there is a bug and someone brings it up are you just going to lock the tread over and over again. Or solve the problem.

The mods have locked the threads because it is an already asked and answered question easily found using the search function provided by the forums.

The answer is, there will be no open beta, there will be a large closed beta. We do not have anything further to announce on it at this time.

Also the date and system specs on steam are placeholder and not final. Until Tripwire announces a date there is no release date (we haven't yet).

Reactions: samol
Upvote 0
Patience. you need it
20ge9o8.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The mods have locked the threads because it is an already asked and answered question easily found using the search function provided by the forums.

The answer is, there will be no open beta, there will be a large closed beta. We do not have anything further to announce on it at this time.

Also the date and system specs on steam are placeholder and not final. Until Tripwire announces a date there is no release date (we haven't yet).
A big sticky that says "THERE IS NO OPEN BETA" would help further idiot proofing.

Reactions: Lucan946 and Oldih
Upvote 0
Might just be me being stupid but I thought I read somewhere that they expected to be up to that point (betas) before the end of the year (2010).

Some of us are just getting impatient based on what we've heard.

well, that could've been from the interview i got at PAX when i was told they'd reach at least the first rounds of beta testing by the end of the year (2010). i apologize for having posted that as "fact" and not taking into account the possibility that they could have gotten plans pushed back (i.e. maybe the KF Christmas event?). but then again, they could have been in early beta stages for a while and just haven't told us. the fact that PCGamer got a hands on in November (correct me if i'm wrong) tells me that they reached at least early beta testing before the end of the year because idk who'd give a major publication an alpha, even late alpha version of a game to test out......also the news with the Soundtrack being finished and going into Mixing/Mastering tomorrow is another good sign they are pretty far along.

i think the thing is this: if there isn't going to be any form of open beta, then for the 90% of people the next big news will be the announcement of the release date. if they're only doing closed betas (regardless of size), chances are they're not going to make a post saying "oh hai, we started closed beta, which none of you are in :p". of course it'd be great for people to at least know how things are progressing, regardless of whether or not they are actually participating. imo i still think they'll eventually do some sort of pre-order open beta for large scale stress testing.....from a business standpoint, the money and exposure would just be too tempting to pass up. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dont take this the wrong way but surely it would be easier to not have a place holder date and just tell people a release date hasn't been announced yet, rather then having a release date then everyone quote's that date as the release and you tell them its wrong...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.