• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Well that's a shame. England has the best post-apocolyptic characters. If a mutant outbreak occurs, you can be sure that some fellow will be watching your back, loading his pockets with dosh for every mutant he kills.

You're out of your element, Donny.

There's a lot of history on this one.

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
You expect your parents to give you money? Man the F up and get a scholarship or a job. Maybe both.

Jeees.
Yes, I should take an example of you and instead post details about my feces on an internet forum. :rolleyes: Parents are legally bound to financially support their children during university, and I probably won't be getting a job in the 1st semestre because I want to acclimate first and get used to everything(studying, living on my own, etc.). Judging by both your language and the contents of your posts I frankly doubt you've made the experience so I'd rather ask you to hold your tongue, especcially since I didn't ask for your opinion.

Thanks to project.rattus for the link btw.

Upvote 0
Legally bound to put you through uni? not the case of here I dont think.

But yes, I do post nice pics, but also put myself through two degrees. (im just finishing the second). So it can easily be done without relying on parents and expecting handouts.

Whatever way you wanna do it, thats cool, I just dont think expecting people to work so you can sit in a den of student inequity is to my liking.

ps. IS2 paid his own way though 249 degrees. :IS2:

I must also add, your posting on a very public forum then saying you havnt asked for my input. If and when you become supreme internet forum overlord, I will obey such rules. For now, public is exactly that, if you wish to have a private conversation, pick up the telephone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

But yes, I do post nice pics, but also put myself through two degrees. (im just finishing the second). So it can easily be done without relying on parents and expecting handouts.

Whatever way you wanna do it, thats cool, I just dont think expecting people to work so you can sit in a den of student inequity is to my liking.

ps. IS2 paid his own way though 249 degrees. :IS2:

I must also add, your posting on a very public forum then saying you havnt asked for my input. If and when you become supreme internet forum overlord, I will obey such rules. For now, public is exactly that, if you wish to have a private conversation, pick up the telephone.
You're right about this place being a public forum and as such I also the have the right to express my disagreement with jackass replies directed to me.

And yes in my country this is a law. Since my father has a too high income I wouldn't receive any fellowship and since apartment costs will be 300-400€ alone plus I need to actually study(since the 1st semestre of law is full of knock-out tests with 80% failrate) and also stuff like food there's no way I'd find an appropriate job that would give me enough money for that to suffice alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whatever happened to taking responsibility for yourself? Work ethic, all that? I'm with you, Craig - I put myself through college, and I'm working on my doctorate now. Paid for it all myself, too.

Upvote 0
What does it have to do with work ethic? I'd have to pay rougly 500€ monthly to cover up apparment costs+tv, internet, etc., then comes food etc and other expenses and then there is a 80% knock out chance @university because our universities are completely over-filled (with german students mostly) and I have to learn for that. I can't get a full-time job and I'm not doing a half-time job just so I can happily live at poverty level for 5 years when a) it's the most common thing to have parents supporting to b) they are legally bound to. I can definitely imagine working in the later semestres just like my sister did, but at the time university starts in October I'm barely 19 and moving out to live alone for the first time so sorry if I'm not going to start working in the acid mines right away :rolleyes:

This "Back at the time we worked hard for everything we had" attitude is simply annoying because I'm pretty sure you have no idea about the circumstances here and I can pretty much imagine that everything is pretty damn different over in the US. It's good for you if you had a hard time and are proud of that but that shouldn't be your initiative to take that as standard and call everyone else a *****(which of course you aren't, but that attitude kinda suggests this)

Last edited:
Upvote 0