• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Tripwire's $20,000 Killing Floor Grindhouse Mapping Contest

oscar.nein

Administrator
Jan 1, 2006
Tripwire Interactive announces the "Killing Floor Grindhouse" Custom Map Making Competition with $20,000-worth of prizes. Tripwire are partnering with Nvidia and Logitech to bring you a truly spectacular mapping contest for the zombie-slaughtering co-op hit that is Killing Floor. We put the game out at a recession-friendly price, there have already been hundreds of custom maps created, so here is the Tripwire economic stimulus package to follow up: the headline prize will be an awesome $10,000 for the Grand Prize winner.

The contest will run in two Waves. Wave 1 completes July 31, 2009, with a First Prize of $5,000 for the winner, while the runners-up will get prizes including Nvidia graphics cards and Logitech goodies. Wave 2 is the Big One, completing September 18, 2009. The Grand Prize will be $10,000. Yes, a full Ten Thousand Dollars for the winning entry! There will be more Nvidia graphics cards and Logitech goodies for runners-up in Wave 2.

To find out more about the contest (including the rules), visit the contest web page.

Hey.

Hey.

For wave 1? I keep on hearing to enter by the end of the month but I was surprised it was not available. My first map is no grand prize winner however I want to give it a go. My map I am working on now is much better. I have learned a lot from my first map. I am learning a lot from my current map. If this is the wrong area please bump it to the correct forum. I am taking my time and working hard on my second map. Being new to this I am having a blast. Wish I could get paid to make maps and play games. LOL.

:D

Upvote 0
This whole "Mofo-bo-po" thing is sort of, well, B.S. Register? Multiple times to upload the file...and they don't tell you that you need to register before you complete the form?? There has to be a better way fellas.

I got the same "needs to be reviewed" message. I expect that the fact the maps are loaded means they are officially "in"?? Some clarification and details would be helpful.

Edit: Moddb only issued a 'link' approximately two hours after I uploaded. Is this typical? That was around 2:13 am 7/31. Obviously I had submitted the contest application by that time with a link using the full file name which I uploaded, appended to the sample link given in the application. The Moddb link issued cut the file name down, dropping the "_beta1". The link given: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/kf-the-rock How does Moddb deal with versioning, ex: beta1, beta2, final?

Last edited:
Upvote 0