• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red orchestra 2 Can't install from CD!

Tydh

Sep 14, 2011
Hello my RO2 friends!
I got my Red orchestra 2 today with a CD!
Did not buy it from steam!
And when i wanna install it it says
"Installing: Remaining 1 years"
And then nothing happends, and i mean 1 year :confused:
Anyone know how i can install from the disk?
Im downloading now from steam but its going slow :(
Please help!

I am also having the same problem, the installer for some reason only installs 2.4GB even thought there is 6.85 GB on the disk, now i have to wait ages for it to install.

can we get an update/sticky/something to show that this is being looked into, there are already a million threads on problems with installing from retail.

Upvote 0
That's not a bug or problem, it's a feature.
A while back I remember a thread/twitter-post from one of the Devs saying they didn't include the game's code on the disc - because they were still working on it (duuuuh).

They worked on it up to release and are still working on it, there's no way the disc can possibly hold the game's code :)

Just download it, not a big deal eh ;-)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem as you guys. The installation disc has 6,62 gigs of stuff inside it, but the screen with "Installing: Remaining 1 years" (lol by the way) says that it's going to install only 474 Mb worth of stuff. So far it has installed a magnificent amount of 0 megabytes. I bough the DVD version precisely because I don't want to download 8 gigs with this connection. This thing doesn't even suck. It does nothing. Except it does make the CD/DVD drive to make a humming noise.

Upvote 0
That's not a bug or problem, it's a feature.
A while back I remember a thread/twitter-post from one of the Devs saying they didn't include the game's code on the disc - because they were still working on it (duuuuh).

They worked on it up to release and are still working on it, there's no way the disc can possibly hold the game's code :)

Just download it, not a big deal eh ;-)

It is a big deal if you have a slow connection and you ordered retail because of this. It is taking me ageeeees to dload it and I did not expect to be in this situation.

Upvote 0
I had the same experience. They didn't have time to put the game stuff there so they dumped some random files on the DVD and sold it like that?

No it tends to happen with steamwork games where it want's to download the game from steam instead of installing whats on the disc first, it does that all the time for my Orange Box and Left 4 Dead disc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem as you guys. The installation disc has 6,62 gigs of stuff inside it, but the screen with "Installing: Remaining 1 years" (lol by the way) says that it's going to install only 474 Mb worth of stuff. So far it has installed a magnificent amount of 0 megabytes. I bough the DVD version precisely because I don't want to download 8 gigs with this connection. This thing doesn't even suck. It does nothing. Except it does make the CD/DVD drive to make a humming noise.

Hi folks ! Have exact the "install from disc" issue as "quote" here.
When I look at the backside of the box it says that it is not the UK version or more exact " not for supply in the UK" I live in sweden and it always have been UK version from this part of europe...:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0