• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding performance

Perhaps some could try following this tweaking thread:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64126

there is a section about increasing framerate in there ;).

Personally I run the game with an ATI HD5850 and an Core i7 920 (stock 2.66 with turboboost disabled) at a resolution of 3464x1920, at a mixture of high and medium settings. (although I must admit my 8800gt might offload some physics).

------

IF you have a lot of instant stutters when doing something then its likely the game is currently set to clear cache pretty quickly so you load things on the fly. This saves a lot of memory, I can see if I can find methods to let it cache more into the memory later today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really hate posting this but since lastnights patch im constantly crashing,performance is still poor on a high end rig.
When i say performance i mean a stuttering or jerkiness even when framerate is high, whats with that?
The game is amazing [when playing], im a huge TW fan but really and truely i cant believe the state the game is in.
With every patch things seem to get worse :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really hate posting this but since lastnights patch im constantly crashing,performance is still poor on a high end rig.
When i say performance i mean a stuttering or jerkiness even when framerate is high, whats with that?
The game is amazing [when playing], im a huge TW fan but really and truely i cant believe the state the game is in.
With every patch things seem to get worse :(

That's something I can't seem to understand either. Even when I get 70 fps the game still stutters and is everything BUT smooth.

Upvote 0
So, let me get this straight....
Instead of FIXING the core problems, we are just going to treat the Symptoms? Dumbing down the levels is NONSCENSE!

The fact that my machine runs CLIFFS OF DOVER (a PC only title) better than this game is insane!

DONT BLAME OUR HARDWARE NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE YOUR GAME. THAT IS BULL****.

You lost a LOT of respect from me, Ramm. Own up your mistakes instead of blaming others.

i7 2600k 3.4ghz
Asus p8p67 deluxe rev 3.0
asus 580 gtx 1.5gig
8gig RAM @ 1600
Windows 7 64bit
1200watt PSU

I run this game with HORRIBLE performance, and don't EVEN try to say my 2600k/580gtx can't handle your polygon count. That crap may fly with politics, NOT HERE.

Reactions: Bolkonskij
Upvote 0
Yup, have to agree what others are saying.

It's not that much about FPS, as general jerkiness and hitching.
Swear a God, back then Crysis at 20fps was smooth as a butter.

What good is 55fps average when you get moments when game is not responding to mouse movements.

Although I have to say, it's much much better for me now then it was.
Is it because of a patch, or my config, or keeping the system as responsive as possible - I have absolutely no idea.

Upvote 0
Instead of FIXING the core problems, we are just going to treat the Symptoms? Dumbing down the levels is NONSCENSE!

The fact that my machine runs CLIFFS OF DOVER (a PC only title) better than this game is insane!

You lost a LOT of respect from me, Ramm. Own up your mistakes instead of blaming others.

i7 2600k 3.4ghz
asus 580 gtx 1.5gig
8gig RAM @ 1600
Windows 7 64bit
1200watt PSU

I run this game with HORRIBLE performance, and don't EVEN try to say my 2600k/580gtx can't handle your polygon count. That crap may fly with politics, NOT HERE.

It pains me to say it but i agree,to say RO2 is more graphically intensive than most if not all games on the market is a blatant lie im afraid.

Upvote 0

i7 2600k 3.4ghz
asus 580 gtx 1.5gig
8gig RAM @ 1600
Windows 7 64bit
1200watt PSU

On one hand you almost never see such personal contact with someone as ''high-placed'' in the Tripwire hierarchy as Ramm. It is an indication of their willingness (TW) to solve problems. But on the other hand the content of Ramm's post really makes me sad. And I COULD accept the fact that I am having performance issues, but I'm not accepting it because my CPU and GPU use is far from its maximum, but I certainly could not accept the fact that someone with a rig 30 times more expensive than mine is having problems. And above all I can't accept the ''wavering off'', like the problem is on OUR side. It's not. You guys are the DEVS, we paid money, you fix it.

Upvote 0
Sound issues seem to be the biggest issue
I play with no sound why?

Due to todays patch

Seriously this is just shocking.
Quite a few communities i frequent are having a right laugh at me and my forum posts trying to spread the word on how amazing RO2 is.
Countless links to gameplay vids,reviews,general raving about RO2 has come back to hit me in the face like a wet trout as quite a few people who recently bought the game are pretty damn angry about a lot of things but mostly performance.
Its pretty hard to convert people from the usual crap fps we see today into somehting like RO2 when it plain and simply doesnt work as intended and indeed advertised.
Im a big boy,i can deal with the moans and groans and finger pointing but TW you really need to address this issue faster than Ramm said they would, i kid you not you are losing potential players and purchases by the bucketload :(

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if its just me but sometimes Ramm-jaegers posts very much seem like the blame is always being pushed back at us...

Some how its not Tripwires fault the game has a poor fps for such an old engine its just our top end systems can't handle it & ofcourse the reason our computers play other games so well is because they are console ports :cool:

Really just be honest you messed up and you will fix it, thats all we need to hear. The blame is with yourselves and not our high expectations.

Upvote 0
It pains me to say it but i agree,to say RO2 is more graphically intensive than most if not all games on the market is a blatant lie im afraid.

At the moment, recommended specs seem to be:

Quad core processor running faster than 3 Ghz.
Any DX9 compatible graphics card supporting shader model 3. Doesn't matter which one; they'll all get identical performance.

Upvote 0
Everyone feels that way mate. I'm spending a crapload of time on this forum actually expecting some acknowledgment from the devs cause I really want to hear something of an apology and a real time estimate as to when the problem will be fixed. Since my classes haven't started yet I have all the time in the world.

It's really frustrating that I have so much fun playing the game, but then that fun washes down when the jagged ugly graphics and lag-spiking finally get to me. Then I actually get blamed by the president of TWI that my PC is not up to the task.

What everyone seems to want is that the devs admit they made a mistake, give us a REAL possible answer to the problem and a time estimate so we know what we can expect.

Upvote 0
I find it absolutely hilarious how some of you people keep patting the devs on their backs and ignoring the fact that this game, sadly, is completely broken.

While I agree it is completely fair to demand that the performance issues be addressed immediately, this game is not "completely broken." Over exaggerations like this really don't help the community figure out the issues and solve them.

What we have is a brilliant game that has performance issues, how is that in any way/shape/form/concept, completely broken?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see what you aim to accomplish with posts like this.

Upvote 0
I find it absolutely hilarious how some of you people keep patting the devs on their backs and ignoring the fact that this game, sadly, is completely broken.

3x GTX480? (some dude stated that he has that in his rig) And he can't get more than 50 fps? How much more powerful PC can you have? What WILL run this game if not some of the most powerful rigs today (mind that those rigs will run anything for YEARS to come)? And Ramm mentions that gamers are spoiled and expect to run console ports which run on 5 year old setups. So they built this game for 22nd century?

Btw, I turned off depth of field. Now my AA is clearly not working cause the entire game looks jagged and ugly, however, I get fps between 35-80... it KEEPS DROPPING to <30, but it also increased to a maximum of 80 (before turning off DoF it was 60).

My PC is: Athlon II X4 640 3.0Ghz, 4GB DDR3 1333mhz, Palit GTS450 1GB. I seem to be getting better FPS than the guy with 3 GTX480's and a more powerfull processor.

What
a
joke.

Tri SLI sucks. There have been more issues with Tri set-ups then anything. Do a simple google search and see how many tri users are happy with there performance!

Upvote 0
While I agree it is completely fair to demand that the performance issues be addressed immediately, this game is not "completely broken." Over exaggerations like this really don't help the community figure out the issues and solve them.

What we have is a brilliant game that has performance issues, how is that in any way/shape/form/concept, completely broken?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see what you aim to accomplish with posts like this.

Dude, after the patch which happened yesterday, my sound is buzzing and is completely frustrating. The GAMEPLAY in its core, true, is not of course broken. But you don't have to take what I wrote to such an extent. I'm speaking of the technical side of the game. I can't stand all the asslicking and backscratching coming from some people like there's no problem whatsoever. That's what I meant.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd just chip in.

I have a Q9550 @3.8ghz and an EVGA GTX480 SC, 4gb ram and I feel RO2 is crippling my system. I was able to run at 2560x1440 res during early beta but have now dropped to 1920x1080 due to fluctuating frame-rates and stutter. Running 'stat memory' during SP revealed that physical memory being used was 0 and that page file used was around 650mb! What's that all about? I also had to drop from ultra settings to high/medium to get reasonable game play.

It's a shame that I have to make the game look pretty ugly to get it running reasonably now. I hope TWI don't start cutting back on detail etc, hopefully there's another answer. I've had numerous lock-ups and crashes this morning also.

I'll get some perf logs/crash dumps etc sent off to TWI.

Upvote 0